PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the "good loss" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idle thought is we shot ourselves in the foot too many times to overcome. This loss is on us more than what the Ravens did.

my idle thoughts..i'm not worried, I've seen this movie before. and if we play the ravens in the playoffs we will crush them. that is all.

My idle thought is I made a small but beneficial decision yesterday. Expecting an ugly game but a W, I decided in advance to avoid the toxicity that is the GDT. Given the results I'm thinking I probably chose wisely...

BB summed it up pretty well: “Could’ve played better, could’ve coached better. All that could’ve helped us.”

my idle thoughts..i'm not worried, I've seen this movie before. and if we play the ravens in the playoffs we will crush them. that is all.
Playoffs? Playoffs? You talking about playoffs? Playoffs?
I just hope they can win the next game.:p

I completely agree about this being Brady’s best game. Hostile environment, got everyone involved, moved around in the pocket well to elude the rush, and hung in there and made some good throws under pressure. He made a bad throw or two (including the pouty Brady pick similar to last year in Detroit) but he kept the offense moving with the up tempo after it struggled early on.

They got whooped plain and simple. I am more disappointed in the defense. It didn’t get a stop when it needed to. They let jackson march down the field.

This is the first time I can remember a team having to face opponents coming off a bye two weeks in a row (and with the first one after a Monday night game, to boot). Weird scheduling there.

We handed them 4 points with the head bob offsides.
We left another 4 points out there at the end of the half.
We handed them 7 points on the Edelman fumble.
That's 15 points without even thinking too hard.

I wonder how different the game would have gone if we ended up holding the Ravens to a three and out on that first drive and if it weren’t for that nice play by Jackson and Brown it could have been. Maybe we go three and out still and the game unfolds basically the same way but it is interesting to think about what that confidence boost for the D could have done.

Bruschi tweeted it best last night.

If they meet the Ravens in the Playoffs..they almost needed a game like that against them.

"Reliable" you missed that word. When the kid can stay on the field, then I will classify him as reliable. Wynn may upgrade the left side of the line, but the rest of the OL is suspect also. They are stuck with them.

He got his knee blown up in preseason last year and then got turf toe this season. Both of those things are things you can't really plan for as they can happen to anyone.

This game also revealed issues when we're 1st and goal. Sanu will help, but they couldn't seem to find him when they had to settle for the 2 FG's. I think Meyers should get those reps over Dorsett.

Bruschi tweeted it best last night.

If they meet the Ravens in the Playoffs..they almost needed a game like that against them.

The media is rejoicing right now. We will see what they do with this tough stretch. They’re 0-1. A win on the road against the iggles would be a nice win but that’s another running team.

This game also revealed issues when we're 1st and goal. Sanu will help, but they couldn't seem to find him when they had to settle for the 2 FG's. I think Meyers should get those reps over Dorsett.

They have a 6'4" receiver coming off IR. I think he'll be able to help in the red zone.

also: Would love to be proven wrong on this, but Wynn might already be showing signs of "great for that minority of games when he is on the field" syndrome. Call me a glass half empty guy.

If ever a loss was good than this was it !.
Kind of reminded me when we lost during the regular Season to the St. Louis Rams,,,and after that loss I said to myself that if we meet them again in the Super Bowl,,I was confident we would beat them . Only this time the Ravens will be in our Conference so the chances are we may or not meet them in the playoffs,,,,if so like a friend said I would bet my house that we beat them .
Turning point in the game,,,,,yep Jules fumble when we were driving so well and looking to take the lead beginning of the second half,,,,who knows what happens . Still I dont mind this L ,,,and BB will make sure we will be ready in case we meet anymore ' Run Teams '.
Good Game for the neutral and before i go,,,,,,,,,How about Sannuuuuuuuu .
He balled and only in his second game,,,what a GREAT pickup.
GO PATS

They have a 6'4" receiver coming off IR. I think he'll be able to help in the red zone.

This reminded me of a monty python clip I could not find on YouTube... I don't remember what it was about, but it had John Cleese saying "I'm six foot four and eat punks like you for breakfast!" (After other people showed up crowing how they were 6 foot and 6 two.)

As much as I dislike seeing our Patriots lose, I’m not down about it much.

We have 2 weeks to rest up and for the coaching staff and players to re-evaluate what they need to do to get better.

Losses don’t get me down like they used to.

The media is rejoicing right now. We will see what they do with this tough stretch. They’re 0-1. A win on the road against the iggles would be a nice win but that’s another running team.

Wentz is no Jackson...hell Mahomes isn't a Jackson.

Watson is very much like Jackson. He scares me the most after Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye