PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idiots saying Brady is a system QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
And worse than Peyton lulzzzzz

Yea I need to stay off the NFL.com boards because these people that say that really piss me off.

Every team has a system

The 49ers had the West Coast offense.
The Broncos had/have the Bootleg offense.
The Cowboys had a system.
The Wildcat is a system.

The funny thing about the Cassel, Jimmy G, and Jacoby arguments about Brady being a system QB is that they've come in with very favorable circumstances. In 2008 Cassel took the reigns of one of the greatest teams of all time and lost 5 more games, didn't beat a winning team all year except Miami I think and played a cupcake schedule against the AFC and NFC West. Loved him for what he did but it's so important to put things into context. Meanwhile Garoppolo and Jacoby have been good but also have taken the reigns during one of the better rosters of the BB era. Good OL, good defense, good WRs, good special teams across the board. That's not to take anything away, but imagine if Cassel had to play 16 games for the 2009 Patriots? Or if Jimmy G was in the league for 2013 and had to play with that mess of an offense and all the injuries they sustained? Could any of them have taken the team to a Super Bowl with one of the worst pass defense of all time? Could any of them have lead a 10 point fourth quarter comeback against one of the best defenses of this era? I know it's much easier to discredit a player you hate because you can't stand the 16 years of winning this franchise has had but they really need to pump the brakes here on this system stuff. But I can't say I didn't see "system QB" arguments coming in the first four games this year.

How do you choose players from the draft and FA if you dont have a particular system?

Some teams want light/fast OL and some teams want 350 lb OL.

As good a coach as BB is that is just not the case.

If he did not have a QB like JAG and a fairly stacked team around him no way the Pats beat AZ. Also without JAG's fast start on the dolphins i think that game becomes a loss to. Brisset played okay but just okay in the big scheme of things and that was the team carrying him to a win.

If it had been Brissett starting all 3 games the Pats are 1-2 IMO. In 2009 with that cast around them and these same QBs the Pats are 0-3 very possibly

Don't get me wrong I think BB is a great coach but the only times the Pats have been without Brady is when their team was absolutely stacked so it is hard to gauge and as good a coach as BB is without players that can execute what you need them to it is meaningless.

Yep, they just plugged Brissett in for Brady without missing a beat, with the traditional Brady/Pats offense of naked bootlegs, power running, and a total of 12 receiving yards by running backs and tight ends. :rolleyes:

How about this: Tom Brady IS a system quarterback. The trick is that he's the only player yet found who can run that system.

We've been dominant for over 15 years with basically for 4 generations of offensive and defensive players and the constant has been Brady and BB. Those who think he is a system QB are ******ed

You never saw that coming? Come on! This will be the new hater line, and it makes perfect sense. The Pats have won 3 games with 2 guys who never started a game before. So after several weeks of "What would BB without Brady"; they can change the narrative, to "it's the system". These wins just set that story line up too easily, and you know that these mediots thrive on slow balls right down the middle.

Ignore it, is my advise.

Or maybe they're just really, really good at drafting? What if Garappolo, and later Brissett both becomes stars? To me this simply tells that the Patriots have the best talent evaluators in the league, by far, I add. They always find gems at every positions. They are like the Spurs of the NFL.

Players ultimately win the games and the most dominant winner in NFL history is the GOAT TB12

Of course Brady is a system Qb. But he is the master of every system. Except the option.

Can't wait for our system to throw a 100 spot on the board against Cleveland and Brady just happening to be the quarterback.

Then the system will finally get the respect it deserves.

Yep, they just plugged Brissett in for Brady without missing a beat, with the traditional Brady/Pats offense of naked bootlegs, power running, and a total of 12 receiving yards by running backs and tight ends. :rolleyes:

How about this: Tom Brady IS a system quarterback. The trick is that he's the only player yet found who can run that system.
And that system is called GOAT.

What do you expect them to say? Three weeks ago Belichick was an overrated failure from Cleveland who sucked and was about to get "exposed"? Isn't it clear at this point these guys are just blind hating idiots? Deflategate opened my eyes to many things. I realize how truly great this franchise is.

It seems somebody forgot to tell Osweiler that he's supposed to play well in O'Brien's system.

There are millions of idiots saying idiotic things in the world. Long since learned to tune out these ****ty and wrong opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes