Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I was at a function with Jim Brown (#23) and BB in the spring of 2000, Amer I Can Graduation, my role was some sort of gatekeeper. I met BB shook his hand and ushered him in. After wards there were Pix, I had mine taken with Brown, did not go with a BB pix as I thought he was just another JAG Coach stopping by for a season or 2.. big mistake. Always remember how friendly BB was and these words of Jim Brown about Coach Belichick.

"Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times--financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick coached the Browns from 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Unquestionably belichick has had the greatest run in the history of the sport. And it’s not even close.
I'm a die hard fan of the team and given the modern/Free agent era we are in, it's remarkable and not likely to be repeated - Sorry Patrick Mahommes,

But, even I would have to say the Celtics winning 11 of 13 seasons from 1957-1969 would have the be the gold standard of excellence. For a close second (and maybe even first given how hard it is to stay at that level of conditioning, I might have to go with Michael Phelps Olympic run. One thing to compete in an event or two, but in as many individual ones he did and win gold - jeez)

DropKickFlutie

In the Starting Line-Up
I'm a die hard fan of the team and given the modern/Free agent era we are in, it's remarkable and not likely to be repeated - Sorry Patrick Mahommes,

But, even I would have to say the Celtics winning 11 of 13 seasons from 1957-1969 would have the be the gold standard of excellence. For a close second (and maybe even first given how hard it is to stay at that level of conditioning, I might have to go with Michael Phelps Olympic run. One thing to compete in an event or two, but in as many individual ones he did and win gold - jeez)

Bill Russell never lost an elimination game. In college. Or his entire pro career.

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
Can you imagine if McDaniels was coach and not Bill? Yikes. I think we'd be looking back fondly at the Rod Rust days. I think the Browns winless streak would be in jeopardy too.

Steve:Section 102

A lion isn't concerned with the opinion of sheep
PatsFans.com Supporter
Can you imagine if McDaniels was coach and not Bill? Yikes. I think we'd be looking back fondly at the Rod Rust days. I think the Browns winless streak would be in jeopardy too.
I don't think any of us will pine for the halcyon days of Rod Rust. I don't think that McDaniels is a winless kind of guy, either.

DropKickFlutie

In the Starting Line-Up

Would be like Norv Turner in Washington. Worse .

His 2011 Rams offense averaged 12 points per game and the Broncos went 5-17 before he was fired. But not before drafting Tim Tebow in the first round.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
Would be like Norv Turner in Washington. Worse .

His 2011 Rams offense averaged 12 points per game and the Broncos went 5-17 before he was fired. But not before drafting Tim Tebow in the first round.
And getting someone on his staff to tape another team's practice.

I mean... cmon.

Last edited:

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
I don't think any of us will pine for the halcyon days of Rod Rust. I don't think that McDaniels is a winless kind of guy, either.
With this roster I wouldn't rule it out.

This is the same guy that convinced his team that trading up to get Tim Tebow in the first round was a good idea.

Doctor DDS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I know BB's NFL coaching tree leaves a lot of be desired but he did help produce the GOAT college coach in Nick Saban so congrats to him for that honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.