PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was a fan of the Pats before you were born

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I was a fan of the Pats before you were born [Well, maybe, but "WAS"]

I grew up near Foxborough. My brother was a paper boy (Boston Globe). He found a $10 bill outside of Ron Erhardt's house and returned it. He got free tickets. That's my first memory of the Pats. Most of you worms have no memory of Ron Erhardt.

My parents went to the same church as the Hasselbeck's in Norfolk. I went to school with Charlie Sumner's kid (was friends with him), and Ray Berry's kid.

So you once were a fan of the Patriots -- who are you a fan of now, troll-boy.

What I don't like is people who can't take honest criticism.

When your criticism of the Patriots is honest, they'll put a statue of Richard Nixon in the Supreme Court.

They can't stand their heroes being "disrespected". YOu losers (QB12) are living vicariously. You probably have no life whatsoever.

I'll take your word for it that you remember Ron Erhardt, but it's still impossible for me to imagine you as more than twelve years old. I suppose it must have to do with your attitude and demeanour.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

Troll-watch.

I grew up near Foxborough. My brother was a paper boy (Boston Globe). He found a $10 bill outside of Ron Erhardt's house and returned it. He got free tickets. That's my first memory of the Pats. Most of you worms have no memory of Ron Erhardt.

My parents went to the same church as the Hasselbeck's in Norfolk. I went to school with Charlie Sumner's kid (was friends with him), and Ray Berry's kid.

What I don't like is people who can't take honest criticism. They can't stand their heroes being "disrespected". YOu losers (QB12) are living vicariously. You probably have no life whatsoever.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

stuff it...no one cares...nobody wants to hear about all the awesome things youve done..wait they arent awesome AT ALL...why dont you go out and do something with your own life instead of sh!tin your pants about going to the same church as a QB's parents...

also...if your such a great pats fan why would u want them to lose?

and finally...if we have no lives then why are you the one trying to draw attention on an internet forum...unlike you most people come on here to talk about football and the patriots, not how friggin sweet we are -ill bet you anything that NOBODY CARES...i bet you that charlie summers kid thinks your a complete douche bag too

being a fan isnt about who you grew up with...and everything you said before could have been valid except the part when you said you hoped the pats lose..i played lacrosse with BB's son all growing up so i must be the best pats fan ever. ive even played on a line with him - i am truly the best patriots fan ever born (complete sarcasm)
and yea that means im only 20 but who cares? does that make me like the pats any less??

Ehhhh, Sonny-boy...lemme tell ya...

Back when I was a Pats fan and livin' in Foxborough, I used to hafta walk 10 miles through four feet of snow just ta get to tha games.

Life was tough, ya know?

Just to pour some more "gasoline" on to a nicely burning fire:

I've been a Pats fan since 1491, before Columbus even set sail for the Americas. I supported them before he invented loud tourists standing on the wrong side of escalators, concealed weapons, country music, hip hop, crystal meth, crack, the Internet, Windows XP, smug liberals, rednecks, the KKK, apple pie, Football, Bill Belichick, Turkey, Metallica, Starbucks and Bacon and Egg Mc Muffins.
Yeah, so stick that up your ******-******' A**, you ******-******.

(Disclaimer for people with no sense of satire: this post contains humour. The poster knows that some of the above items were discovered rather than invented. He also knows that Christopher Columbus died before the United States of America came into existence).

Back when I was a Pats fan and livin' in Foxborough, I used to hafta walk 10 miles through four feet of snow just ta get to tha games.

Life was tough, ya know?

:D

FOUR FEET, and you think that tough? Yeah, well, when I was growing up in the Pennine Hills in Northern England, I had to climb through three MILES of snow, just to get out of bed (if I was lucky enough to have a bed in the first place). No wonder US Army officers are so soft.

(Note to anyone who traces my IP address. I AM JOKING. PLEASE DO NOT TEAR ME A NEW ONE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS. Thanks).

Life was tough, ya know?

FOXBOROUGH !!!! FOXBOROUGH?? I had to fight Boston traffic on the way to Fenway, BU Field, Harvard Stadium. We was SO poor, we had to beg high schools just to use their practice fields. You have NO idea what "tough" is, son.

//

FOUR FEET, and you think that tough? Yeah, well, when I was growing up in the Pennine Hills in Northern England, I had to climb through three MILES of snow, just to get out of bed (if I was lucky enough to have a bed in the first place). No wonder US Army officers are so soft.

(Note to anyone who traces my IP address. I AM JOKING. PLEASE DO NOT TEAR ME A NEW ONE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS. Thanks).

Uphill BOTH ways!

This initial post reminds me of the grumpy old man skit.

In my day, we walked 50 miles barefoot to the stadium to sit on cold metal benches to watch a 2-14 team.......and we liked it!

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

Warning: post contains sarcasm:

I was a fan of the Patriots before yesterday, and I remember when Pete Carol was coaching and the quarterback was an old guy named Drew Bedsoles. I remember once when the Patriots didnt even make the playups. So all of you people who are less than 6 years old can kiss my a**, cuz I am seven, and I got a new bike for Chritsmas.

Snow in northern England!! Snow in England?!! The only snow in England is the dandruff that falls out of Scotland's hair. Come to northern New Hampshire in February. When there ain't any of these fancy new "global warming heat spells" we get now-adays. I'll show you some snow!

This initial post reminds me of the grumpy old man skit.

In my day, we walked 50 miles barefoot to the stadium to sit on cold metal benches to watch a 2-14 team.......and we liked it!

Monty Python? Monty Python! We didn't 'ave no Monty Python when I were growin' oop! All we 'ad to watch were a tankful of goldfish -- aye! and the goldfish were dead!

"was" dead. "WAS" dead!! The goldfish *WAS* dead. Can't you Brits even spell, anymore??!!
Dude, the word "goldfish" is both plural and singular. If plural, "the goldfish were dead" is correct. If singular, "was" would be correct. So you're both right.

Just to pour some more "gasoline" on to a nicely burning fire:

I've been a Pats fan since 1491, before Columbus even set sail for the Americas. I supported them before he invented loud tourists standing on the wrong side of escalators, concealed weapons, country music, hip hop, crystal meth, crack, the Internet, Windows XP, smug liberals, rednecks, the KKK, apple pie, Football, Bill Belichick, Turkey, Metallica, Starbucks and Bacon and Egg Mc Muffins.
Yeah, so stick that up your ******-******' A**, you ******-******.

(Disclaimer for people with no sense of satire: this post contains humour. The poster knows that some of the above items were discovered rather than invented. He also knows that Christopher Columbus died before the United States of America came into existence).

No way, take that back! Everyone knows that Columbus settled in Ohio and was the first HC of the OSU Buckeyes.

Why would they name their city after a total stranger? If Columbus hadn't have been ther first they would have named the city Woody, Ohio.

Dude, the word "goldfish" is both plural and singular. If plural, "the goldfish were dead" is correct. If singular, "was" would be correct. So you're both right.

You mean some people actually have more than _one_ goldfish?? Aren't you posh, then.

//

You mean some people actually have more than _one_ goldfish?? Aren't you posh, then.

//

Lunch and dinner. And I want my dead parrot back.

Lunch and dinner. And I want my dead parrot back.

Ha!! No way!! The flies haven't finished laying their eggs yet.

What!?? How do you think the next Russell Crowe Roman Legionnaire is going to clean out his dirty-sword-infected wound?!

i love the dead parrot skit. i've got just one word to say. jim "earthquake" hunt.

Well, seeing as you brought it up, I was in Jim Nance's apartment in Mattapan in the late 60's. He and his wife (a blonde) had two full size white French poodles. Beautiful dogs..

Drove Don Trull from the airport to the Pats facility when he was traded to the Pats from, I believe it was Houston, at the time.

Sat at the end of the Pats bench at BC Alumni Field as helper to the ambulance driver, who was a friend of mine.

Worked in the press box, as the spotter for PA Announcer Vin Maloney at Fenway Park.

Jumped onto the field at BU Nickerson Field (Braves Field) and almost had my hands on referree Walter FitzGerald before Boston's Finest put a choke hold on me from behind. ( I was only 22 or 23 years old then)

Worked with Pats former QB Butch Songin, and former linebacker Rommie Loudd when they were coaching in the Atlantic Coast Football League....

Lots more, but it isnt important.

So your the guy they based the movie "Radio" on. Were you flattered by the choice of Cuba Gooding Jr to play your character? And I didn't know "Radio" drove a cab like you use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes