PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think Joe Burrow and the Bengals are winning it all

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ive seen comparisons that the 2021 Bengals are similar to the 2001 Patriots. Underdogs that go unnoticed by the league until its too late.

I think they are going to win it all. However, this thread has a second point. Do you see this Bengals team any similar to the 01 Pats?

2001 Pats Offensive Line was better, I'd say.

Similarities would be:

QB in his second season
a great kicker
a D that produces turnovers
solid run game
Won the AFCCG on the road as an underdog
Facing the Rams in the SB

Aaron Donald and Von Miller I don't know Cinci better hope they can gas either. Going be tough sledding trying to Block both. That said I really like that Burrow kid and his weapons.

They have been relatively mistake free and don’t “beat themselves “ so in that sense they are somewhat like the 01 pats. They do give up alot of sacks but thats better than turnovers. We needed alot more out of our st and defense though.

I'm looking forward to the Bengals coming to Foxboro later this year.

I would have laughed at even thinking that a few years ago.

Cincy can run the ball and they can also play the short/intermediate game. Contrary to the Bucs, they won't try to push it down the field all the time. Their OL suck, but they can alleviate the pressure by running the ball, having designs runs for Burrow and playing the short passing game.

Their D is pretty good and can slow down the Rams.

There is a recipe for them to win.

Are they the favorites? Guess not, but I sure think they can win.

I think the Rams win a blow out. I hope to be wrong but the only match up in the Bengals favor is their kicker.

I've been thinking the Rams for about a month. I'll be wrong.

im skeptical of CIN offensive line's ability to hold up against the Rams defensive front

I guess I put a $1 future's bet on both teams a year or so ago, so I get $14 or $15 no matter who wins lol

Reactions: Ian
Given the way the playoffs unfolded with both conferences slugging it out I find it unlikely that both conferences are of the same caliber unless that NFL parity thing finally worked. I find it much more likely that one of these teams is significantly better than the other. My gut tells me the Rams are that team but I wouldn't be shocked if it was Cincy.

im skeptical of CIN offensive line's ability to hold up against the Rams defensive front

I guess I put a $1 future's bet on both teams a year or so ago, so I get $14 or $15 no matter who wins lol

You can say the same thing about the Rams offensive line vs the Bengals defensive front...

I'm rooting for the Bengals, but I think the Rams are going to start pulling away as the game goes on and win a landslide victory.

I despise all things associated with Crip/Blood commie land....I hope Burrow plows a furrow six feet deep in the SoFi stadium with the entire Lambs team ground into fresh taco meat...as we all know, Fauria got SICK AS A DOG after eating a Cali-licious fish taco yesterday, so yeah they could use some FRESH food, instead of repugnant Malibu "Mahi Mahi"...jeezus krist what an abominable detestable tragically flawed venue for our Super Bowl

The Bengals busting the Rams in the mouth ...

daring their receivers to enter the dangerous areas.

Would make the game so fun and the ultimate 2001 deja vu ...

Where's Kurt Warner??? Heard he bought Hy-Vee ... :evil:

I despise all things associated with Crip/Blood commie land....I hope Burrow plows a furrow six feet deep in the SoFi stadium with the entire Lambs team ground into fresh taco meat...as we all know, Fauria got SICK AS A DOG after eating a Cali-licious fish taco yesterday, so yeah they could use some FRESH food, instead of repugnant Malibu "Mahi Mahi"...jeezus krist what an abominable detestable tragically flawed venue for our Super Bowl

Another absolutely astounding post by our expert resident free-associator, Joe Kerr. Once again, folks, never before in the history of mankind have the above words been brought together in the form of (at least semi-coherent) written thought. Bravo, Joe. Incredibly unique prose tailor made for ... Internet perusal.

giphy-3.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I do.

Burrow acts like Brady. Cool as the bottom side of the pillow. You saw it in his eyes vs KC a week or so ago.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back