PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Suspect The Offense Would NOT be Better With A Better Passing QB

There will be some musical chairs with QBs this off season, so buy some popcorn.

I know it is not particularly popular but I remain intrigued to see what McDaniels could with Mariota. He would also fit nicely into what we have been doing with Newton this year.

That being said I doubt we will see Stidham this year unless Cam regresses back to Broncos/49ers level or gets injured. I think that ship has sailed.

I am intrigued by Winston. Do you think Bill and Josh could do something about his interception in a more conservative offense like with Cam?

he has talent and can move also, he is young. His only problem is his turnovers.

I am intrigued by Winston. Do you think Bill and Josh could do something about his interception in a more conservative offense like with Cam?

he has talent and can move also, he is young. His only problem is his turnovers.

I think Winston still has immaturity issues. I saw a report last week that he got into a fight with Sean Payton. Being a QB takes more than talent.

I’m wondering what people think of Trubisky. He has a good win/loss record and Foles hasn’t done well in Chicago either.

I’m wondering what people think of Trubisky. He has a good win/loss record and Foles hasn’t done well in Chicago either.
I would take a shot at Winston before trubisky just because I think Winston has better talent. And honestly, if I could get him, I would take a shot at Darnold. I think he is a good QB. He just has been jeted.

I would take a shot at Winston before trubisky just because I think Winston has better talent. And honestly, if I could get him, I would take a shot at Darnold. I think he is a good QB. He just has been jeted.

It is being reported that the 49ers prefer Darnold and Ryan over JimmyG. Could get interesting this offseason - $18M more just opened up in cap space with Hightower and Cannon retiring. :)

Yeah I would also take a chance on Sham Darnit ahead of both Fameis (for turnovers) Jamies and FalseBiscuit.

It is being reported that the 49ers prefer Darnold and Ryan over JimmyG. Could get interesting this offseason - $18M more just opened up in cap space with Hightower and Cannon retiring. :)
Hopefully the Jimmy the egg shell QB is not coming back to Foxborough.

Cam is still having to think A LOT when he's out on the field, which is why you see him react slowly to some things. Hes not going out there and just "playing ball" like tom did for 20 years. So you will see mistakes, missed reads, and missed adjustments. Hes been learning on the fly for 11 weeks and honestly it could be a lot worse. I dont expect you people to have patience with Cam but I can almost guarantee you Belicheck is 100% thinking about bringing him back next year. He in all honesty will give the Pat's the best chance to be a better team in 2021 with an actual offseason in the Pat's system. Combine that with Bill/McD actually like coaching him and the locker room loves him, why wouldn't they

The premise in your thread title is ridiculous. Of course a team is a better passing teaqm with a better passer. Cam blows: deal with it.

Cam isn't the answer at QB but my god, if we swap him for any of Winston/Darnold/Trubisky this offseason then we haven't improved at all.

I'd also add Jimmy G to that list of no improvement. Yes "he knows the system", but has a favourable system in SF already and has still been average and injury prone.

I'd be comfortable with another year of Cam and a QB in the draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back