PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I knew they were hated, but not this much (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will never be a more jump-out-of-my-seat-yelling, 100% probability swing, long-term-legacy-impact than the Butler interception. For a single play, nothing compares, and I can't imagine anything will ever compare to it. The legacy of the team, the coach, and the QB are inextricably tied to that one play.

The Immaculate Reception is the only thing close in terms of the emotional swing and how it shaped the legacy of the team. And that play was a fluke, which only got the Steelers to the next round of the playoffs.

The fact that Butler's play is not the clear #1 in NFL history is largely tied to the fact that the Patriots were the beneficiaries. IMHO, of course :)

Agree on all points!

This is the link to the NFL's greatest moments vote over the first 100 years: NFL 100

A couple things I find stunning. One, somehow, Indy Colt DB Jackson's interception of Brady late in the 2006 AFCCG (when the entire game was already over, 20 seconds and no TOs), somehow made it onto the list. Malcolm Butler's INT in the Super Bowl did NOT make it onto the list. Really? Jackson? Not Butler?

Also, the Patriots 28-3 comback is not in the top 10 of greatest moments, when a bunch of moments I don't even remember (Marhsawn Lynch's run?) are.

I knew they were hated, but for the two most memorable moments in Patriots history to not make the top 10? One of them not even a candidate for top 10? It's hard to fathom.

They are hated with more heat than a million suns.

actually the pats still had a chance if Brady didn’t throw that pick. I don’t mind that play on the list as it helped enable the colts to beat the pats and eventually win the super bowl. If Brady completes that pass and calls timeout (they had 1) and pulls off the comeback nfl history changes quite a bit. Manning never wins a SB in Indy and the Brady and BB are likely 4-0 in the Super Bowl at the time

however, it if it’s between malcoms pick and that pick, Obviously malcoms is better. But of course there going to go with the one that helped Peyton get his first

What about the Butt Fumble?

The fact that Butler's play is not the clear #1 in NFL history is largely tied to the fact that the Patriots were the beneficiaries. IMHO, of course
I'm surprised Roughing The Passer in '76 wasn't #1

And Villapiano holding Francis before that #2

And calling Unsportsmanlike Conduct on McCray #3

And Tatum's cheap shot two years later #4

Bill's number one play of all time is likely a block Mark Bravado made back in the day.
Hey, don't mess with Bavaro.
2nd best te ive ever seen after Gronk.
He was like the Bo Jackson of tes - if both played longer both would be #2 alltime.
Better than Tony G,Ditka,Gates, Newsome.

What number is the Colts' dumbest play ever?

Hey, don't mess with Bavaro.
2nd best te ive ever seen after Gronk.
He was like the Bo Jackson of tes - if both played longer both would be #2 alltime.
Better than Tony G,Ditka,Gates, Newsome.
Bavaro was a BEAST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back