PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just got back from an alternate universe: Amendola to Brady completion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I absolutely despised that playcall last night and I don't want to see it again. For obvious reasons when you think about it.

Yeah, look, while Brady "dropped" the SB pass, it was clearly at the edge of his range unlike the 2015 pass. Like the 2015 pass, no one was in the area.

Unfortunately, that is the reason QBs throw the ball and not WRs. Can't expect Danny or any wideout who hasn't played QB since high school to make a perfect pass.

I feel like that play set a bad tone, too........like we need trick plays to get something going. Obviously that didn't turn out to be the case, but it felt like we got too cute for our own good.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I absolutely despised that playcall last night and I don't want to see it again. For obvious reasons when you think about it.
Nobody was anywhere near him, and he was near the sidelines. First sign of a defender, step OOB.

It was a great play call and was there for the taking. We just didn't take it. Brady was SO COMPLETELY open, I wish Danny had taken something more off the throw.

Brady has caught that pass numerous times and once even caught one that looked exactly like yesterday's (from Kevin Faulk). But he's older and slower now.

FWIW, I don't love plays where we Target non traditional receivers.

I just don’t want our 40+ year old QB catching passes. Other than the obvious risk it tells me you’re desperate and you’re not good enough to beat the other team straight up.

He’s the freaking GOAT- why do they need the bag of tricks? Let lesser teams try that stuff.

I agree that it was a good call.

The goal was to get a 1st down on 4th and 5 (I believe) and Amendola just had to go center mass, not hit Brady in stride. Perhaps Brady should have "sat" on the route and presented a better target.

Brady would have been out of bounds before anyone could have touched him.

Brady has got to lay out for that ****. WTF.

Edelman catches that. Can’t believe some people prefer Brady to Edelman. Brady can’t make a big catch when it counts.

I agree that it was a good call.

The goal was to get a 1st down on 4th and 5 (I believe) and Amendola just had to go center mass, not hit Brady in stride. Perhaps Brady should have "sat" on the route and presented a better target.

Brady would have been out of bounds before anyone could have touched him.

It was 3rd and 5. The 4th down right after was a long prayer to Gronk.

Amendola was running when he threw it and Brady was running away from him, unlike the later Foles catch where he was squared up and not moving. Tough pass to make for someone who's not a quarterback by trade. Edelman probably would have done so.

In that same alternate universe, Brady catches the Super Bowl pass for a first down at the 20 yard line. He then takes the next snap and hits Grokowski at the six. On first and goal from the six, Brady throws the first pass away after the Eagles easily guess the route from Josh McDaniels three-play red zone book straight from Techmo Bowl. On second down, James White gets stuffed for a one yard loss since any second and goal play is always a run up the middle. On third down, the Patriots try to a quadruple reverse to Develin who then halfback passes it to a streaking Amendola, but it falls incomplete. On fourth down and goal from the nine, they punt it into the endzone for a touchback after a valiant effort from Ryan Allen to punt the ball 100 feet in the air and land it 1 mm from goal line.

Man, if Edelman was playing he makes that throw.
First thing I thought.

The ball was definitely "catch-able" for an RB, Receiver, Corner or Safety, but it was far enough off of his finger tips that one can understand that he didn't instinctively react the way another Skill Position player would react.

I have zero problem with the call. It had him wide open and safe along the sideline. What? People think he was maybe gonna tuck the ball and challenge the middle of the field to pick up another couple of yards?

Nobody was anywhere near him, and he was near the sidelines. First sign of a defender, step OOB.

It was a great play call and was there for the taking. We just didn't take it. Brady was SO COMPLETELY open, I wish Danny had taken something more off the throw.

Jules would have hit him in stride.

First thing I thought.

The ball was definitely "catch-able" for an RB, Receiver, Corner or Safety, but it was far enough off of his finger tips that one can understand that he didn't instinctively react the way another Skill Position player would react.

I have zero problem with the call. It had him wide open and safe along the sideline. What? People think he was maybe gonna tuck the ball and challenge the middle of the field to pick up another couple of yards?

spin around like a crazy person standing still and looking in every direction except the one where hes about to get....

cooks was narrating this post.

The eagles executed it and some are calling it the greatest call in sb history.

It wasnt a bad playcall, it was a slightly bad throw to someone who was WIDE open. The call was a good one.

He jumped when he threw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey