PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a bad feeling about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just look here, it is going to be very very difficult for the Pats to come out of Miami with a W...i just cant see it happening they way they have been playing on the road the past what...almost 2 years? In Miami? Its sad but its just true.

Until they prove otherwise its going to be hard for me to say they are winning this one..now i wont overreact if they do lose because i somewhat expect it. I mean this is a semi big game for them..if they dont win this road game in the division, they are in deep kakaa

God i hope they prove me wrong but i am just not confident :(

Not feeling confident is one thing, and totally justified. We've had historically tough games in Miami over Brady's career. But for anyone to say they "just can't see it happening" for a Tom Brady led team to win a game against the Dolphins to me is just so silly. It'll be a tough game, but there's NO game this team simply CAN'T win with this offense.

What are people seeing from the first three games defensively that gives them confidence that this team will win on the road.
???????

OK, here's something to feel a little bit positive.....

The Patriots are stronger against the run in their base defense than they are against the run in sub packages, and than they are against the pass in any real way.

Since the Dolphins are largely a running team and don't really have multiple receivers that can really threaten a defense, and don't really have a great tight end, the Patriots will be able to run more base.

OK, here's something to feel a little bit positive.....

The Patriots are stronger against the run in their base defense than they are against the run in sub packages, and than they are against the pass in any real way.

Since the Dolphins are largely a running team and don't really have multiple receivers that can really threaten a defense, and don't really have a great tight end, the Patriots will be able to run more base.
This is true but if anyone thinks this game is going to be easy watch out!

This is true but if anyone thinks this game is going to be easy watch out!

I don't expect this Patriot team will have many easy games. The offense should be consistent, but they haven't made adjustment in the second half and until they do they will struggle some.

The defense largely comprised of 1st and 2nd year players, part of that due to unfortunate injuries. Hopefully the panicky Petes will realize that and just enjoy the games. some of these players will become stars, some will be replaced, but the defense as a whole will get much better as a core of players who know the system develops.

I think we could have a very exciting defense with big play potential and i'm looking forward to it. If you can't stand to see a few mistakes, you better take some valiums game time, because they is what they is and that's learning.

Lets just look here, it is going to be very very difficult for the Pats to come out of Miami with a W...i just cant see it happening they way they have been playing on the road the past what...almost 2 years? In Miami? Its sad but its just true.

Until they prove otherwise its going to be hard for me to say they are winning this one..now i wont overreact if they do lose because i somewhat expect it. I mean this is a semi big game for them..if they dont win this road game in the division, they are in deep kakaa

God i hope they prove me wrong but i am just not confident :(

with the way the defense has been playing i cant see how anybody can be confident of a pats win on the road in miami.

I know he's been better in Miami recently but I still cringe at the idea of Tom going down to Miami. Over the years, it's been like his own personal house of horrors. Interceptions, sacks, fumbles....oof.

It's something I've noticed with rookie QBs... the first team which really gives them a butt whoopin' is generally the team that QB will struggle against even after they've become established. Like Peyton vs. the Pats. Back in 98, the Pats made him dazed and confused. It's taken him a long time to break that psychological wall.

The defense largely comprised of 1st and 2nd year players, part of that due to unfortunate injuries. Hopefully the panicky Petes will realize that and just enjoy the games. some of these players will become stars, some will be replaced, but the defense as a whole will get much better as a core of players who know the system develops.

I think we could have a very exciting defense with big play potential and i'm looking forward to it. If you can't stand to see a few mistakes, you better take some valiums game time, because they is what they is and that's learning.

BRAVO!! Perfect!! :rocker:

I am sure I see this thread title every week ;)

I don't expect this Patriot team will have many easy games. The offense should be consistent, but they haven't made adjustment in the second half and until they do they will struggle some.

Yep.

10 char

I had a bad feeling when Drew went down and look how that turned out.

and we were 5-5 well into that season, and it turned out pretty good. it's going to take some games for this D to gel......

The odds makers have this one essentially as a pick'em.

The spread ranges from 0 to Pats +1.5.

Calm down. Below is a quote from www.thephins.com messageboard. They're obsessing about Welker down there (as they should) and wondering how they lost to the Jets.

"The Patriots are going to kill us, frankly. Their offense is going to score on our D at will. We will score some points against them---hell, we might score in the 30s against them---but if our D can't stop the Jets' offense, it sure as shootin' can't stop the Pats'."

Last edited:
I'd like to see alot of the Law firm and play action passes.

Alot of time of possesion, get a lead and put Miami in the "playing from behind mode".

Last edited:
If Brady and the O were to get a solid lead early, the Phins could be forced to abandon their running game and go to the air, losing one dimension of their offense. A more predictable opposing offense is good for the D.

Definitely a good way the offense can help the defense.

Last edited:
If Brady and the O were to get a solid lead early, the Phins could be forced to abandon their running game and go to the air, losing one dimension of their offense. A more predictable opposing offense is good for the D.

Definitely a good way the offense can help the defense.

And you think the Dolphins going to the air is a good thing? Hahahahaah. Newsflash: no pass rush and a poor secondary. I bet the Phins come out throwing. I know I would.

This should be a shoot out. Team that blinks first, wins.

Brandon Marshall will prove to be the difference IMO. He's probably the best receiver the Patriots will see all year. They've already gotten beat by Ocho and Edwards, but Marshall is a whole 'nother animal. I expect him to put up similar numbers to what he did in the Jets game. Something like 12 catches for 170 yards and 2 touchdowns.

That said, I'm expecting the game to be a wild shootout with the score to head into the upper 30's, low 40's. The Dolphins are at home, and Miami has always been a tough place for NE to play. I'll give the Dolphins the edge in my honest, unbiased analysis.

I just want to see the Pats O chewing up the clock like my dogs on expensive leather shoes.

Well put.
I decided BEFORE the Bengals game that I was not going to sweat when the D gave up 1st down after 1st down...as long as the opposition scored 3 instead of 6. I figured TB could handle things on the offensive end.
Then I got suckered into believing in this Defense vs. NYJ and found myself upset throughout the game.
I reverted back to "who cares" form for Buffalo and relaxed to an 8 point win.
That's where I stand with this team: relax while watching the Defense struggle and enjoy the offense light up the score board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents