PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I had a laugh after watching this again lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good video from McAfee where he explains what happened.

This video confirms what I thought they were trying to do. Basically, act like you're swapping out the ST unit and trick the Pats into subbing themselves (lol nice try), then if they don't fall for it take the delay of game and punt. But someone snapped the ball when he wasn't supposed to lol

That play must have been thought up by someone on drugs....oh wait, the colts owner is Jim irsay....

Nice analysis. I knew it was set up to simply take a 5 yard penalty if the Patriots didn't fall for it, but didn't know the exact conditions of why the ball was snapped.

For my money, the worst play ever was the NY Giants failed handoff from Joe Pisarcek to Larry Czonka, i.e. "The Miracle at the Meadowlands." Never before, or since, has so certain a victory been lost. It permanently changed end-game strategies for NFL teams with the lead and the ball.

ahem...uh...buttfumble anyone?

Nice analysis. I knew it was set up to simply take a 5 yard penalty if the Patriots didn't fall for it, but didn't know the exact conditions of why the ball was snapped.

For my money, the worst play ever was the NY Giants failed handoff from Joe Pisarcek to Larry Czonka, i.e. "The Miracle at the Meadowlands." Never before, or since, has so certain a victory been lost. It permanently changed end-game strategies for NFL teams with the lead and the ball.

I was just going to reply this same thing before I saw your post! :D
betterthaneveryoneelse just left a sh!tty reply to it. What the eff is wrong with THIS tick brain?

betterthaneveryoneelse just left a sh!tty reply to it. What the eff is wrong with THIS tick brain?

You'd recently been replying to posts with nothing but straight up information, and I was starting to worry about your mental health, but can see things are still in order. :thumbsup:

Yeah but come on.... the Giants simply had to take a knee.... at least in the Cincy game, with 6 seconds left, they had to run an actual play....

You'd recently been replying to posts with nothing but straight up information, and I was starting to worry about your mental health, but can see things are still in order. :thumbsup:
who the **** died and left YOU the arbiter of ANYONE'S goddyamed mental health?

JO looks to be in top form and healthy :)

Prob one of the worst plays ever constructed/executed. Hilarious. And, for all to see, the huge gap in preparedness between NE & Indy. Indy can burn.

I don't know. Listening to Pat, the play was well designed in that it had an easy out that wouldn't hurt the Colts - just don't snap it.

It had clear instructions - hand-on-butt, snap. No hand, no snap.

Everyone was on the same page. Even Griff, who only had a day to prep.

Then a coach stepped in and completely jacked up the plan. No blame on McCoy, no blame on Griff. All the blame goes to that coach.

If that hadn't happened, it would have been a desperate attempt to "steal a possesion", something the Patriots have forced teams into for a long time. But, like Pat said - no snap, take the five yard penalty, and punt it.

This video confirms what I thought they were trying to do. Basically, act like you're swapping out the ST unit and trick the Pats into subbing themselves (lol nice try), then if they don't fall for it take the delay of game and punt. But someone snapped the ball when he wasn't supposed to lol

The snap was in accordance with how the play was drawn up. Griff did what he was supposed to.

The coach who told McCoy, on his way onto the field, to go for the hard count is the one to blame. Maybe a bit on McCoy since he knew under-center meant snap he could have gone shotgun for the hard count.

I'd love to see McAfee as a color guy next to Romo. He's smart, quick & is easy to laugh at. I don't hate any team but dislike the Colts more than any other. McAfee seems like an alright dude that transitioned pretty well.

ahem...uh...buttfumble anyone?

I don't think Big Vince gets enough credit for making that play happen. Sanchez thought he had a place to go after the broken play, but Vince filled the hole with a Jete lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes