PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I had a dream....

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In my dream, all the big names on Patsfans are gathered in front of Belichick’s house—Manxman, Patchick, MgTech, Midwestpatsfan, Patsnutme, Patfranken, someone named Ian something and a bunch of much lesser lights, including me.

One of us summons the courage to knock at the front door. Several times. There’s no answer, but after awhile, an upstairs window opens and someone wearing a disreputable blue hoodie sticks his head out. He is frowning. It is none other than the Draft Nazi himself.

One of us calls up to him. “Hey, Bill. How about drafting Tyler Lockett? He could stretch…”

“No!” says the Draft Nazi. “No binkie for you.”

Someone else says, “Well, we do need an offensive lineman. What about T. J. Clemmings or Tre Jackson? …”

The Draft Nazi interrupts, annoyed “No binkie for you either,”

The group is silent for a few moments. But before the Draft Nazi can close the window, someone else calls up to him. “Jesus, Bill, we’ve got five picks left. Couldn’t we get at least one cornerback, maybe Nelson or even McCain.”

The Draft Nazi glowers down at the group. “No. No binkie for you. Move on.”

Finally, I get my courage up—fools rush in—and I shout up to the Draft Nazi. “Couldn’t we just take a chance on Zack Zenner?”

The Draft Nazi smiled grimly. “Zenner? Not a chance. Now go away and stop guessing You’re making fools of yourselves.”

“Come on guys,” Ian says, leading the group away from the house. “Maybe we’ll do better next year.”

“I doubt it,” says someone in the crowd. “God and Bill Belichick work in mysterious ways.”

Last edited:
Outstanding. And all too true. I have resolved that the only way to survive the draft is to be as dispassionate as BB. No more binkies for me!

TJ and Tre are still out there so there's hope yet. Unfortunately we missed out on a viable option at CB it would seem.

As one who is, I can assure you that it is Very Well to be Immersed In One's Own Vision.

I have Vast Regard for Mad Bill...but I prefer My Own Vision.

So his Choices, for me, are For Entertainment Purposes Only.

But he has My Full Attention...On The BattleField.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back