PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Feel Good About This Draft

Surprises of the draft Patriots trade up from 23 next surprise Patriots draft only a total of 7 players have 4th rounders and undrafted free agents rates very close.
Sign 19 undrafted free agents.

Patriots trade up and draft Josh QB
Patriots trade up and take the risk on Rashawn Evans
Patriots draft Josh Sweat
Patriots draft Jessie Bates
Patriots draft Holton Hill
Patriots draft Akrum Wadley
Patriots trade pick for Micheal Kendricks.
A 7th this year and a pick that can become high as a 5th next year conditional.

Ummmm ..... ?

The Pats have 73 players under contract and 90 total roster spots. That means they only have 17 openings for new guys.

I'm dreading this draft, because the Pats actually have the picks to help the team, which means almost assuredly that BB will waste those picks, just to infuriate me...

Things that will make FTW's head explode.....

Drafting any QB before the third round. If Brady is your QB for the next few years, and you already have Hoyer (who stinks, I know, but he is already on the team and for a decent salary), why waste more high round picks on someone who will not play, and can not help you win right away!

Draft any defensive backs before the third round. BB track record on drafting DBs is atrocious. If Rowe was good enough to play over Butler in the SB, then there is nobody in the draft worth taking that will supplant him. The Pats are already horribly overpaying for the atrocious Rutgers secondary, don't add to it, with more Jordan Richards, Ras IR, etc.etc.etc.

Trading out of the first round to garner more 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks, that will not make the team, and will be scooped up by another team after final cut downs.

Draft a WR in the first round

Things that will make FTW happy......

Draft a LB and edge rusher with the first two picks

Davenport, Evans, Carter, Vander Esch, Hubbard, any combination or even a double up would be great. Basically a Jones/Hightower first round (minus the trading away Jones for a bag of magic beans).

Trade a first round pick for a second/third rounder this year and that team's first rounder next year, provided that their is a decent chance that the team in question could really suck and provide a top ten pick next year.

Drafting Sony Michel

Drafting anyone whose first name starts with Equanim......

Package later round picks to move up in the draft.
Sony Michel is my favorite player in the draft. I think he’s a perfect replacement for Lewis. He’s actually a bigger, faster and stronger version.

Sony Michel is my favorite player in the draft. I think he’s a perfect replacement for Lewis. He’s actually a bigger, faster and stronger version.
Why in the name of Ganja would we want to waste a high-round pick on a...RB?!?

Why in the name of Ganja would we want to waste a high-round pick on a...RB?!?
Why indeed?

Oh yes, how silly of me to forget:

Billy Belichoke is a criminally incompetent, TB12-gravy-train-riding pile of rancid garbage.

Why indeed?

Oh yes, how silly of me to forget:

Billy Belichoke is a criminally incompetent, TB12-gravy-train-riding pile of rancid garbage.

Imagine the last 18 years if we had a good Coach!!
jester.gif

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back