PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hurricane Matthew threatens the East Coast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Hurricane Matthew is threatening the East Coast including CT, RI, and MA. The Patriots should leave for Cleveland a little earlier.

213032W5_NL_sm.gif

I'm worried about losing power while the Patriots play. I live in CT and it will be a category 1 when it hits my area.

On channels 4&7 at 5:00 today the meteorologists said they think there is a decent chance it will be pushed out to sea well south and east of NE. We'll see.

I hope none of the wind, but all of the rain falls on us here in NS. We have had a historic drought that has dried up our wells...

We need the rain badly here in Maine, but the European model shows it being pushed out to sea south of here due to high pressure building. It looks bad for SC, GA, etc.

It's always something with this team....

Down in Tampa, FL and it's supposed to hit here Thursday/Friday. Really hoping it's not that bad so I can get back and head to Cleveland to welcome back the GOAT!

I'm staying in constant contact with family in south Florida. I'm in Jacksonville Beach and we may get evacuated. They're expecting 7' storm surges. The news here is saying that they're not confident in their predictions and any deviation could lead to a catastrophe. It could either be a tropical storm or Andrew all over again.

I'm staying in constant contact with family in south Florida. I'm in Jacksonville Beach and we may get evacuated. They're expecting 7' storm surges. The news here is saying that they're not confident in their predictions and any deviation could lead to a catastrophe. It could either be a tropical storm or Andrew all over again.
Best of luck to you, your family and everybody else in its path. Didn't mean to make light of the situation in my post above but definitely puts things in perspective.

stay safe. get out of town while the getting is good.

Good luck my man.

Good luck to you and yours, man. If you need anything, holler. It's quite an extended family here, you know.

Check in when you can.

Wow, hope it fizzles out for you guys. Best wishes to you and your own.

As long as the power does not go out idc

hurricane party at kontras?

If that track continues, the Wash @ Balt 1 PM Sunday should be a very wet and sloppy game....................

Balt should be worry, any fumbles will result in Wash' ball. Oh wait it's Balt, screw them.

This storm could ride the coastline for hundreds of miles with 125 MPH winds. The storm surge will be a huge problem given its right side position to the coast. A million plus have been instructed to evacuate South Carolina's coast. Gas has run out already at many stations in S. Florida. Store shelves empty.

A 110 MPH eye went over my house 10 years ago and it was spectacular and frightening. Thirty minutes of hurricane force wind from the south, 45 minutes of eerie stillness, 30 minutes of hurricane force winds from the north.

This storm is far worse.

Best of luck to you, your family and everybody else in its path. Didn't mean to make light of the situation in my post above but definitely puts things in perspective.
I agree. I was speculating this afternoon about possibly missing the game Sunday due to a power outage. Then the news came on an showed film of those poor people in Haiti. I was more than a little ashamed of myself and deservedly so.

I'm 8 miles from the ocean, almost due East of Lake Okeechobee, the big dot you see on every FL map.

It's getting serious, as the possibility of tropical storm force winds has gone from 20% a few days ago to about 90% now. The possibility of hurricane force winds has gone from 0% a few days ago to about 30% now.

So I have gas for the generator, propane for the grill, gas in the car, food & water in abundance, have stowed away all patio furniture and anything else that could blow around. 70% of the house has high impact windows that don't need shutters. Tomorrow morning the rest (sliders facing the pool) will get their shutters.

Not fun, but it's been 10 years since we've done this drill and it's not like we haven't seen it coming.

I hope for minimal power outages. But if there's no power on Sunday, I'll find a sports bar with power!

We'll be safe. I'm on (relatively speaking) high ground, so even 10 inches of rain isn't a problem, as long as the roof stays on!

Hard to think about the inconvenience of trying to watch a football game when I imagine what is going on in Haiti and what is likely to happen in the Bahamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes