PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to lose to the Jets in week 17

6-10 or 7-9 with these circumstances will get a mulligan. Next year too probably.

2-14 would be different. That gets coaches fired - as they should be.

Again, the GOAT coach who brought you 6 titles, 9 SB appearances, gets a massive pass in a season like this. Most especially in a year like this.

Again, the GOAT coach who brought you 6 titles, 9 SB appearances, gets a massive pass in a season like this. Most especially in a year like this.

If belichick had gone 4-12 nobody would be killing him. We knew what type of season this would be. We have no chance at a franchise QB unless you think trask and jones are those type of guys. Considering what type of year it is i was hoping to rolled with stidham right from the start but he picked up cam.

How to lose to the Jets in week 17​

Errr...show up?

I really think the thought has crossed Bill’s mind and unless by some miracle we’re in playoff contention after next Sunday I think it’s more and more probable he’s going to pull the trigger on doing whatever it takes to keep Lawrence out of the AFCE. Normally I’d say no way Bill does this but it’s the Jets and we know how he feels about them.

Start by resting players who would help us win. Preseason offense all the way. I’m also thinking experimenting with a no punt offense could be fun to watch. Go for every single 4th down! What are your creative ideas? Lol

The Jest lovers at 345 Park Ave would be livid but I think there will be enough plausible deniability to pull it off.
I don't think the Patriots have to scheme to lose to the Jets. They are lousy enough to lose on
their own.

I seem to recall they threw a game once to get a better playoff matchup. I might be wrong but was it the Flutie dropkick game?
Nope they did not. They rested players in week 17 because they were either going to be a 3 or 4 seed. Which makes pretty much no difference. They didn’t lose on purpose because they were afraid of the 3 seed, as the urban legend suggests.

Sadly we have a worse pick this year than the Jets AND Dolphins who have a 1st from Houston. I know one draft pick doesn’t necessarily change the direction of a franchise (need to pick the right guy!) but they will both be picking in Top 10....

So theoretically we aren’t going to improve significantly more through the draft than most our division...

Nope they did not. They rested players in week 17 because they were either going to be a 3 or 4 seed. Which makes pretty much no difference. They didn’t lose on purpose because they were afraid of the 3 seed, as the urban legend suggests.
Perhaps it was more a case of Bill not wanting to play an OT period than it was of Bill purposely trying to lose...But that pass by Cassell on the 2-point conversion was ugly...I mean real ugly...

Perhaps it was more a case of Bill not wanting to play an OT period than it was of Bill purposely trying to lose...But that pass by Cassell on the 2-point conversion was ugly...I mean real ugly...
You can’t call a guy playing for pretty much the first time since high school throwing a bad pass a cheating conspiracy.

Lawrence to Jax is a better fit for him because he stays in the South.

Jax has the Bears and Colts left. 2 more losses easy. The Bears are playing good ball right now. The Jets are getting Fields who will be a bust.

There is 0.0000% chance bill belichick throws a game.
Honestly, they could lose against the Jets without throwing the game

I really think the thought has crossed Bill’s mind and unless by some miracle we’re in playoff contention after next Sunday I think it’s more and more probable he’s going to pull the trigger on doing whatever it takes to keep Lawrence out of the AFCE. Normally I’d say no way Bill does this but it’s the Jets and we know how he feels about them.

Start by resting players who would help us win. Preseason offense all the way. I’m also thinking experimenting with a no punt offense could be fun to watch. Go for every single 4th down! What are your creative ideas? Lol

The Jest lovers at 345 Park Ave would be livid but I think there will be enough plausible deniability to pull it off.
A more accurate question would be, "is there any way we can beat the jets". They are looking much better than the Pats.

I think he pulls a Manning and says I won’t go to the Jets; please trade the pick to New England. I would do that or stay at Clemson. Oh, no. No way do I elect to go to a team owned by the Johnsons. No, no, no, no, NO!
It doesn't say much about his competitiveness if he would rather be successful in Jacksonville and be King of the South when he could be King of the World if he was successful in NY.

Lawrence to Jax is a better fit for him because he stays in the South.

Jax has the Bears and Colts left. 2 more losses easy. The Bears are playing good ball right now. The Jets are getting Fields who will be a bust.
Or the jets move that pick for the right offer if another team falls in love with fields.

It doesn't say much about his competitiveness if he would rather be successful in Jacksonville and be King of the South when he could be King of the World if he was successful in NY.
It says a lot about the Jets organization and ownership. TL is playing football in the NFL and he wants to win; that's pretty competitive. That's not happening in WoodyWorld.

I have faith in McDaniels.

Dolphins who have a 1st from Houston
if Texans win out and Pats lose out, Pats would have the higher pick based on head to head tiebreaker

If Lawrence is the real deal we don't want to play against him 2 times every year. So I say lets not take any chances and F the Jets out of getting Lawrence. It's a win/win. We F the Jets and we don't have to play against Trevor 2 times a year for the next 15 years. Let's tank that game.

If we lose, how high of a pick could we get? Is there a simulation for this?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back