PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to be competitive in the AFC again

Speaking for myself… I totally expected them to go 3-3 in the division and be second place..

i think if the goal is to win the division like you brought up… we’re 1-2 years behind no matter what happens. Unless Allen tears his acl but actually even then I doubt it.

We need to get the right personnel picking players, our draft process is obviously bad because that's how we got here.
Bargain basement shopping for FA talent worked when we had the GOAT at QB, but now we don't. We need star power at key positions on Offense, and things won't get over the hump until the front office goes out and gets that. We need a true star WR1, a stud LT, and a slot that is not coverable.
On defense I think we're a lot closer, but need that Seymour type up front and that McGinest or Chandler Jones type on the edge, with a young Hightower type backing them up.

Sign Davonte Adams and another weapon. Get rid of Aghalor and Harry. Totally revamps the WR spot.

Draft wandale Robinson and two other studs and sign a few quality UDFA’s get rid of the dead weight!

Tom I just… ijustcantgetemtaplay like I want em to
Agree. The dynasty is dead. The few remaining veteran players left were kept to help all the young ones learn the old ways. It didn't and won't work.

I found it interesting that JE11, who is fairly young, recently implied young players were just different, as in hard to reach.

Once the last of the dynasty veterans step away or get cut, who's going to translate Bill's ways to these new guys? Where's the buy-in going to come from? Who's going to motivate these guys into an old way of doing things from a dead dynasty?

Unfortunately, Bill won't change his ways, and he shouldn't have to. He's too old. Is Little Steven making a connection with these guys? Inspiring them to buy into the system he learned from his dad? Doubt it.

Is Mac going to inspire and lead these young guys into buying into Bill's draconian ways? Doubt it.

Until the team gets new young leadership, from the top down, this isn't going to get better. It's not like Bill is 60 or 65. He's only got maybe 3 years left, and every year that goes by there's a bigger generational gap and further removed from the glory days. It is what it is.

It's my belief, after watching this season from beginning to end, that the Pats should draft a QB somewhere in the mid rounds..an RPO QB with quicks and a strong arm...to push Mac next season in camp. Hoyer should be a foregone conclusion and given his outright release. Spencer Rattler is the kid I'd pick. He's only 6'1" but he's adept in the pocket and on the run.If he declares for the draft he could be had in the later rounds. Perfect project behind Mac IMO.

To win Super Bowls again its going to take a special QB.

Winning regular season games to advance to the post season and lose, is not the watermark for this franchise anymore. The Patriots had the Mahomes of the previous 2 decades. The way it looks right now, KC is going to win another Lombardi. Who is going to stop Mahomes? Its like watching Michael Jordan.

In baseball great pitching nullifies great hitting. In football great QBs cannot be stopped by great defenses. The Bills # 1 defense was just cross cut shredded by the Chiefs offense led by a HOF QB. The KC defense that was supposed to be so improved was torched by Josh Allen.

Mac is not the answer. He could never make some of those throws that Mahomes and Allen made last Sunday night.

Winning regular season games to advance to the post season and lose, is not the watermark for this franchise anymore. The Patriots had the Mahomes of the previous 2 decades. The way it looks right now, KC is going to win another Lombardi. Who is going to stop Mahomes? Its like watching Michael Jordan.

In baseball great pitching nullifies great hitting. In football great QBs cannot be stopped by great defenses. The Bills # 1 defense was just cross cut shredded by the Chiefs offense led by a HOF QB. The KC defense that was supposed to be so improved was torched by Josh Allen.

Mac is not the answer. He could never make some of those throws that Mahomes and Allen made last Sunday night.
We know it Donald, Mac is not the answer, gotta draft the new Mahomes every year, go all-in in the Draft until Trump gives his GO on Patsfans

We know it Donald, Mac is not the answer, gotta draft the new Mahomes every year, go all-in in the Draft until Trump gives his GO on Patsfans
Brandon, you cannot coach arm strength.

Stair climbing without falling down 3 times, yes.

nancy kerrigan GIF

Whack Josh Allen with a pipe. Mahomes too.

If BB suddenly agrees with some of us that Mac is not the answer then he made a huge blunder in the draft and there's an excellent chance the team probably won't be sniffing a deep playoff run for at least the rest of the decade.

So let's hope he is. :)

And by answer I don't mean Brady. Mac will never be Brady. Nobody will. No point using that benchmark because we aren't finding another Brady and the original isn't walking through that door either. That's just not going to happen. And the Patriots don't need another Brady to win a championship.

Last edited:
Just put 10 360 pounders and run the damn ball.if we cannot tackle the DT, fall on them that will create a line.

I don't know. Mahomes was a coin flip away from being beaten last week.

I don't know. Mahomes was a coin flip away from being beaten last week.
How do you know that Allen would have scored a TD?

Mahomess did.

The Buffalo playcalling was erratic.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes