PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Much Would Odell Beckham Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to agree to disagree.
not if you take sometime to wikipidia sunk cost. anyway, we might as well do that since OBJ is not coming here. His contract might be a bargain by now

This team has proven for years it doesn't need flashy expensive premadonas like OBJ to win. Use the picks and money elswhere.

not if you take sometime to wikipidia sunk cost. anyway, we might as well do that since OBJ is not coming here. His contract might be a bargain by now
I don’t need to Wikipedia sunk cost, I understand it very well.

Just imagine if Gordon got his life together and we had him and Beckam and Edelman on the field at the same time...TB12 could break the TD record again

Imo Beckham would cost their 1st this year, and a 2nd next year. I just don’t see the Giants eating the dead money.

Forgot about Gordon. Lol can he play next season???

Any discussion of a possible deal for Beckham would need to begin with the assumption that the Giants were idiots. This would make no sense for them.

Even two #1's and I think they lose, and maybe the other team doesn't win either.

Any discussion of a possible deal for Beckham would need to begin with the assumption that the Giants were idiots. This would make no sense for them.

Even two #1's and I think they lose, and maybe the other team doesn't win either.

They've been shopping this guy for two seasons now in order to keep their terrible QB happy, rather than shipping their terrible QB to the Jaguars or whoever. The Giants are idiots.

This guy doesn't know ****. He's a loser.
I don’t know him but would have to agree with you based on that tweet...a dramatic “they’re not done yet” before free agency has even started is pretty silly.

Give 2 1sts for OBJ. Don't even think about signing WRs in this market. OBJ will be making $2 mill more than Devin Funchess..

Too much for Krafty Bob

Too much for Krafty Bob

OK, I have to ask. You have posted insults about Bob Kraft being cheap literally HUNDREDS of times on this forum. What's the deal?

Heaven knows there are plenty of reasons to insult Kraft, and I'd be first in line for most of them. But cheap? The guy who built a brand-new stadium complex without public funding or PSLs? With first-class facilities, food, training complexes, etc. for the team, when plenty of competitors still run camp at random colleges and hotels? Who even bought private jets for his team to fly in? When has he ever shortchanged the Patriots financially?

Obviously, the team opting for a larger group of mid-priced players rather than a handful of top-dollar guys doesn't actually save Bob Kraft money. You surely know that. So the Kraft-is-cheap mantra must come from something else. I really hope it's something other than it sounds like.

Anyway...I doubt that the Patriots will be willing to do what it takes to pry Beckham away from the Giants. But I feel 100% confident that Bob Kraft's "stinginess" will have nothing to do with it.

I will lay out this.
If the Giants trade OBJ for X picks,
Get:
X picks
Getting out OBJ's contract, saving 21 M cap space

Lose:
16M dead space this year
OBJ

Net = X picks-OBJ+5M cap saving.

If a player is traded, the pro-rated signing bonus left is 16M and the guaranteed money is offloaded to the next team.

The 35.5M dead space is for a straight release.
The Giants are not going to be competitive so the dead space ramification is really none.
The Giants just signed OBJ but it is a sunk cost or spilled milk which has no effect on the decision at all IF you are trying to make a RATIONAL decision.

We will see. My guess is that there is a good chance OBJ is dealt.

Last edited:
Give 2 1sts for OBJ. Don't even think about signing WRs in this market. OBJ will be making $2 mill more than Devin Funchess..
Assuming that OBJ won't want a new deal when dealt like AB.

Whatever the cost of OBJ it will not fit the Pats economic system.. His ego is more important than his common sense..

OK, I have to ask. You have posted insults about Bob Kraft being cheap literally HUNDREDS of times on this forum. What's the deal?

Heaven knows there are plenty of reasons to insult Kraft, and I'd be first in line for most of them. But cheap? The guy who built a brand-new stadium complex without public funding or PSLs? With first-class facilities, food, training complexes, etc. for the team, when plenty of competitors still run camp at random colleges and hotels? Who even bought private jets for his team to fly in? When has he ever shortchanged the Patriots financially?

Obviously, the team opting for a larger group of mid-priced players rather than a handful of top-dollar guys doesn't actually save Bob Kraft money. You surely know that. So the Kraft-is-cheap mantra must come from something else. I really hope it's something other than it sounds like.

Anyway...I doubt that the Patriots will be willing to do what it takes to pry Beckham away from the Giants. But I feel 100% confident that Bob Kraft's "stinginess" will have nothing to do with it.

I agree completely with your post, but some fans out there listen to the NFL Gospel according to Michael Felger et al, who really believe that the "Cap is Crap" and something they can manipulate to sign every one of these marquis free agents, and believe for some reason that Mr. Kraft is cheap.. not sure in actuality that it is much different than the way it "sounds like".

I have no idea how we’d make the money work, but got to think we’d be on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back