PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Much Would Odell Beckham Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that he has a 4 year contract, which would give Brady a top target for the rest of his career.
=========
I would think that a 1st and another 2nd or 3rd would be about right, but I am just guessing.

This has already been answered on another thread. My bad.

The thought was a 1st. Since our first is #32, I would think that we would need to give a second pick.

In any case, this potential trade may be worth a separate thread.

I would imagine a 1st and a 3rd from us at least

Odell Beckham’s per game stats (yards, receptions & TDs) rival the best WRs to ever play. His only comparisons in today’s game production wise the last five years is Antonio Brown & Deandre Hopkins.

He’s arguably a top 5 non-QB asset in the entire league. I’d guess a 1st & then some.

Trading Odell is a big sunken cost to the Giants, I don’t see ownership signing off for on that. Why did they pay him all this money to just trade him?

The cost is pretty irrelevant. BB could sell him for at least as much in a year or two..

Pats have a solid core roster and plenty of picks over next 2 years. The only thing they dont have is top outside WR. For 3 years now it is clear BB wants to get that fixed so even a high compensation wouldn't be a surprise.. If Cooks was not good enough (and they loved his character) there are not many significantly better options left..

Dont like Beckham but would like the deal.

Trading Odell is a big sunken cost to the Giants, I don’t see ownership signing off for on that. Why did they pay him all this money to just trade him?

i dont really agree. thats not really what a sunk cost is. i mean, maybe the signing bonus(es) they gave him to a certain degree, but he did play and earn on some of it... they would be receiving compensation for him commensurate of his value, some additional compensation could potentially go to giants for money already spent (the signing bonus).

if it is sunk cost, it should not effect your decision. The cost is gone. The Giants will not be competitive so the dead spcace should not.effect them neither.

35 million dead money hit

if it is sunk cost, it should not effect your decision. The cost is gone. The Giants will not be competitive so the dead spcace should not.effect them neither.
Of course it does. They gave him guaranteed money for 5 years and would get 1 year out of him at a cost of 40 mill. If you have to charge the money any way you might as well get play for it.

Of course it does. They gave him guaranteed money for 5 years and would get 1 year out of him at a cost of 40 mill. If you have to charge the money any way you might as well get play for it.
literally the definition of a sunk cost is a cost that you cannot recoupe. The contract was signed. they should trade him before that. but if they want to move on. The contract is irrevalent. These are rational decision making. not saying they have to be rational.

Have you ever seen a player who gets talked about being traded this much and ends up staying with his team? I'm sure it's happened but it feels like when there's this much trade chatter the player almost always gets traded.

I have no idea as to the why. Contract regret?

The cost is pretty irrelevant. BB could sell him for at least as much in a year or two..

Pats have a solid core roster and plenty of picks over next 2 years. The only thing they dont have is top outside WR. For 3 years now it is clear BB wants to get that fixed so even a high compensation wouldn't be a surprise.. If Cooks was not good enough (and they loved his character) there are not many significantly better options left..

Dont like Beckham but would like the deal.

Good point about BB trying to fix the WR1 position. But, he’s clearly not been prepared to do it at any cost as shown by his readiness to let Cooks leave.

I agree, but it’s a lot easier to say if you aren’t signing the checks.

Have you ever seen a player who gets talked about being traded this much and ends up staying with his team? I'm sure it's happened but it feels like when there's this much trade chatter the player almost always gets traded.

I have no idea as to the why. Contract regret?
Well we still don’t have Larry Fitzgerald hah.

Good point about BB trying to fix the WR1 position. But, he’s clearly not been prepared to do it at any cost as shown by his readiness to let Cooks leave.

Well, my point is Cooks was not good enough to pay him top WR money (and that contract as we saw was coming) and not good enough to fix the position in the way BB sees it. Cooks was quite a liability in contested catches and YAC and that proved costly on the other side in SB as well..

He wants a clear outside winner imo and if he can get his hands on one he'll pay. Of course its not easy in a bidding war with perennial losers with top 10 draft picks yearly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back