PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much of a b**** is Phillip Rivers? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How much of a b**** is Phillip Rivers?

He did not average 7 wins a season in the first 6 years. It was less than 7 wins. But hey, I understand you were in special ed so it's to be expected.

6-10
7-9
7-9
11-5
5-11
5-11

Yup, BB knows all about leading his team to mediocrity, he's done it many years. He even took an 11-5 team to 5-11. What a genius!

Two words.....

Norv Turner :rocker:

Last edited:
Re: How much of a b**** is Phillip Rivers?

Your quarterback was drafted in the 6th round and he was a backup at Michigan. Rivers is better than Brady, as evidence by his stats last season and the fact that he was the first quarterback to win 14 games in his first year as a starter. In a few years people will forget all about your cheating quarterback and everyone will be praising Rivers and the Chargers dynasty.

Yawn. Did you say something?

I can't understand why so many Pats fans continue to waste space on your own message board talking about Rivers?? He's young, immature, and is obviously stinking it up this year. Very few on the Chargers forums would disagree with you.

The Pats gave us a good old fashioned arse kicking 9 weeks ago. You are arguably the best team in the NFL. So what gives? Why are you still stuck on bashing Rivers? Waste of time, IMO.

Last edited:
I can't understand why so many Pats fans continue to waste space on your own message board talking about Rivers?? He's young, immature, and is obviously stinking it up this year. Very few on the Chargers forums would disagree with you.

The Pats gave us a good old fashioned arse kicking 9 weeks ago. You are arguably the best team in the NFL. So what gives? Why are you still stuck on bashing Rivers? Waste of time, IMO.

Because of his comments and attitude. I'm sure there's no love for Colvin or Hobbs or any of the other Patriots at the Charger boards. LT, Merriman, Florance, Rivers and other will be hated here forever.

Because of his comments and attitude. I'm sure there's no love for Colvin or Hobbs or any of the other Patriots at the Charger boards. LT, Merriman, Florance, Rivers and other will be hated here forever.

Actually, I think you would be hard pressed to find any threads on the Chargers forums discussing the Patriots or their individual players as of late. Unfortunately, we're too busy bashing our own players and coaches at the present time.

Because you guys talked a helluva lot of trash last year and this year. Just giving back the medicine.

not to mention the wierd way he throws the ball which imo seems be a reason for his questionable arm strength.

Last edited:

You're talking about a message board that has a 9-0 team and is still bashing its starting running back, questioning the offseason's #1 free agent signing, and already finding 'fans' to declare that the first round pick is a bust. With no game last week to talk about, and given the history of this year and last, is it really a surprise that the board would center around Colts/Chargers/Steelers/Jets during the 2 weeks of the bye?

You're talking about a message board that has a 9-0 team and is still bashing its starting running back, questioning the offseason's #1 free agent signing, and already finding 'fans' to declare that the first round pick is a bust. With no game last week to talk about, and given the history of this year and last, is it really a surprise that the board would center around Colts/Chargers/Steelers/Jets during the 2 weeks of the bye?

Point taken. I just thought it was kind of funny, because it's not like anyone, including myself, sees the Chargers as any kind of threat this year with the way they've been playing, the coaching debacle, and on, and on and on.

Good luck against the Bills.

I can't understand why so many Pats fans continue to waste space on your own message board talking about Rivers?? He's young, immature, and is obviously stinking it up this year.

The irony.
May I ask why CHARGERS fans are over here posting on a Patriots board???

As to Rivers, we are wicked pissed that idiot fans and mediots sent Rivers to the Pro Bowl while slighting Tom Brady who had street FA wideouts last season and was one play away from the SB.

not to mention the wierd way he throws the ball which imo seems be a reason for his questionable arm strength.

Agreed. His mechanics are unusual. Sometimes he is laser accurate and put's some zing on the ball, other times it looks like he's throwing a can of corn. Not sure if this is something that can be corrected or not.

Agreed. His mechanics are unusual. Sometimes he is laser accurate and put's some zing on the ball, other times it looks like he's throwing a can of corn. Not sure if this is something that can be corrected or not.

Here's a valuable tip.
Don't have him study film of Big Ben to correct his flaws.

The irony.
May I ask why CHARGERS fans are over here posting on a Patriots board???

As to Rivers, we are wicked pissed that idiot fans and mediots sent Rivers to the Pro Bowl while slighting Tom Brady who had street FA wideouts last season and was one play away from the SB.

Well, to be fair, I was responding to a Chargers/Rivers related thread. I have made some posts in other threads, however, I always try to remain respectful and don't consider myself a troll, only a football fan - unlike many of the smack talking idiot trolls that come to your boards and ours. And, I'm a huge fan of Seau and Harrison (ex-Bolts) and they are still two of my favorite players of all time.

With regards to the Rivers Pro-Bowl selection last year, I can certainly see where you're coming from. He rode the coat tail of LT last year, no question.

Here's a valuable tip.
Don't have him study film of Big Ben to correct his flaws.
Actually, Ben has a pretty prototypical throwing motion. Back to the rivers thing though, I think he is physically a good prospect, it seems though that he is a bit streaky, and I am not sure if it is his throwing motion, or foot work but he seems to lack a consistent arm.

Actually, Ben has a pretty prototypical throwing motion. Back to the rivers thing though, I think he is physically a good prospect, it seems though that he is a bit streaky, and I am not sure if it is his throwing motion, or foot work but he seems to lack a consistent arm.

I'm not a quarterbacks coach, I have no idea, that is the big question these days. Why the inconsistency?

I've been calling him a whiney [FEMALE DOG] for a long time. What a [FEMALE CAT].

I'm not a quarterbacks coach, I have no idea, that is the big question these days. Why the inconsistency?
I'm no QB coach either, but it seems pretty apparent that he has trouble on the run, which can be said for alot of qb's and that funky motion of his just doesn't seem to allow him to consistently make throws. I have seen him make some really beautiful throws to though and squeeze it in to tight coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots