PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much of a b**** is Phillip Rivers? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How much of a b**** is Phillip Rivers?

Oh that's right... if you have a bad start to your career you can only improve it by cheating.

Bill Walsh
'79- 2-14
'80- 6-10
'81- 13-3

Chuck Noll
'69- 1-13
'70- 5-9
'71- 6-8
'72- 11-3

Jimmy Johnson
'89- 1-15
'90- 7-9
'91- 11-5

Tom Landry
'60- 0-11-1
'61- 4-9-1
'62- 5-8-1
'63- 4-10
'64- 5-8-1
'65- 7-7
'66- 10-3-1

Wait, I think I finally understand the San Diego outlook:

"Act like you've been there before" =

"Act like you've been drafted in the first round."

That's how you know how classy you are -- how you acted on draft day.

Hey Chargers trolls, it's been fun, but you guys have just gone so many miles past clueless it's insane. Begging an asterisk in the world's most heavily monitored football game -- a game in which you didn't even print up your scripted pages, just to make more of a media circus? Please.

Here's a thought: don't go shlumping into our stadium with a coach that's something like 50-80 lifetime, just because your GM is such a b*** he can't play well with others.

Or better yet, get a team that can cope with the facts on the ground, rather than shooting for the woulda shoulda coulda bowl every year.

The Pats upgraded. CrymeaRivers couldn't keep up. You ever see the Pats that overmatched by the presence of new talent?

Watch and learn, beyotches. Watch and learn.

PFnV

He just seems really immature. Another poster said that the fans were getting on him last night, and he started talking trash, pretended to count his money, and talked about how rich he was. His team is getting pounded in their big revenge game, and he acts like that? He's a boy.

It seems you can easlily get into his head. He's a young, immature, athlete, who shoots his mouth off, and then doesn't back it up.

By contrast, I would say Rosie Colvin BACKED IT UP last night.

Who knows that you played fair this time either? They are still looking into BB's possible use of radio frequencies to cheat.

Ahem...

#83 09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
jman924
Practice Squad Join Date: Oct 2006
My Zoints Profile

Re: Jeff Fisher co-chair of the competition committee says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm calling it right now. When you twits lose on Sunday, you'll be back here going on how that Pats found some "new" way to "cheat" with the entire league watching.
See you then.

Who knows that you played fair this time either? They are still looking into BB's possible use of radio frequencies to cheat.

Haahaaahaaa.... keep looking.

Meanwhile, we'll be back at work getting ready to smoke you guys AGAIN the next time we meet.

//

He reminds me so much of Ryan Leaf, and it's not just the San Diego uniform.

It's the whining, it's the draft day hype followed by the unfulfilled potential, it's the post game comments never giving credit to his opponent, but making as if his team gave the game away.

The Chargers were pinned to the mat form the opening drive by the Patriots yesterday. The Pats were on a mission which I hope lasts all season.

Re: How much of a B!TCH is Phillip Rivers?

Agreed. Rivers has always been this way, he's constantly flapping his arms and complaining. He gets that dumbfounded look on his face after he throws a terrible pass and gets it picked off. I honestly say that he is much more unbearable than Manning. At least Manning doesn't complain after every play.

iam a pats fan but lets not insult manning by even comparing him with rivers....

Check out the SD soundoff board to see all the comments about how their team needs to talk less and play better.

Does anyone else think that if SD was down 31-0 in the fourth Q, Merriman still does a high-stepping celebration with a sack?

Worth bumping after this week's performance by this overrated bum.

The "official" Philip Rivers sucks thread.

I know they are the "classiest" team this side of Indy, but I have to say, Every time I see Rivers this year, the more I am convinced that he isn't only an AVERAGE NFL QB, but an BELOW-AVERAGE QB one at best.

His team needed him to step up after playing a mostley crappy game, and he responds by throwing a terrible INT. to kill the game.

I gotta say it: RIVER'S SUCKS

Your quarterback was drafted in the 6th round and he was a backup at Michigan. Rivers is better than Brady, as evidence by his stats last season and the fact that he was the first quarterback to win 14 games in his first year as a starter. In a few years people will forget all about your cheating quarterback and everyone will be praising Rivers and the Chargers dynasty.

You know what? he's right. Every day I wake up and say "**** Brady, WHY can't we have Phillip Rivers?"

Re: The "official" Philip Rivers sucks thread.

It's almost as if they're... not classy. Eventually, both the Chargers and the Colts will get exposed as a bunch of whiny *****es.

Yeah, but don't we want him to be an average QB? I'm glad Jags win, they have a chance to beat Colts.

Yes, but he sucks in a classy way.
And at least when Rivers sucks, he "acts like he's been there before"

Rivers will never be drew brees. he knows it and all his teammates know it.

:D

At least Rivers never has to hear for eternity about all the games his team won being tainted...

Forever there will be an asterisk in people's minds about those super bowl wins, just like Barry Bond's home run record.

Just remember that's never going to go away. Now THAT must really be a b****.

No. What's worse is never winning at all. And you know how that hurts, don't you, prick?

You know what? he's right. Every day I wake up and say "**** Brady, WHY can't we have Phillip Rivers?"

:rofl:

The Chargers fans truly amaze me. Can you be so blind that you don't see your QB is a joke this year? That the Chargers lose games because he's so bad? Comparing him to Brady is about as idiotic as it gets.

Didn't Rivers make the Pro Bowl over Brady? What a joke that was!

Your quarterback was drafted in the 6th round and he was a backup at Michigan. Rivers is better than Brady, as evidence by his stats last season and the fact that he was the first quarterback to win 14 games in his first year as a starter. In a few years people will forget all about your cheating quarterback and everyone will be praising Rivers and the Chargers dynasty.

Wow way to prove you know absolutely nothing about football. May I suggest a site like herfootball.com?

Hey, SD guys? We disposed of you 8 weeks ago. I mean, thanks for the laugh, but it's really getting to be a little like a kid brother tagging along everywhere we go.

My poor, poor, deluded Rivers backers... You're clear that the entire NFL is now watching Belichick, Brady, Moss, Welker, and all the rest with a jaded eye all this season, right?

You're clear that we beat you into the dust earlier this year despite constant and vigilant league surveillance, right?

You're clear that we beat the Colts after that, despite the best efforts of an officiating crew to flag every pass the Pats threw, and to award receptions and "interference" to a clearly inferior Colts team, right?

You're aware that all this has transpired since "spygate," and you're hanging around here because the closest thing you can do to rooting for an actual football team, is to hate ours, right?

Go get yourself a latte and wait for the Spurs to be important. The Chargers aren't. Last year was your big chance, and the window has slammed shut.

Martyball doesn't look so bad after Norvball, does it :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You live in a sad, sad world, my friend. Think early 90s Buffalo Bills, but without the AFC championships. With luck you can claw your way to perenniel irrelevant Western division force.

Enjoy,

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes