PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

I don't think I ever supported removing Bill. I was just unhappy with the way he chased away the greatest QB who ever played (among other top players). I was also unhappy with the thought of Bill retiring as a Patriot but not Brady. It also bothered me that someone as insignificant as a coach could make that happen. Shame on Kraft for that.
Dude, get over it. Brady is not upset, why are you? Brady was at Kraft's wedding a few months ago. It is all good. Everyone loves each other except you.

I don't think I ever supported removing Bill. I was just unhappy with the way he chased away the greatest QB who ever played (among other top players). I was also unhappy with the thought of Bill retiring as a Patriot but not Brady. It also bothered me that someone as insignificant as a coach could make that happen. Shame on Kraft for that.
You have been whining about this for 3 years. Shut the **** up already

BB wanted Garoppolo at the wedding but Bob made him invite Brady instead.
JM got JG, outbid BB. And JG got snubbed from the wedding like you note. BB is pissed. Last time BB got pissed, he sent TB12 to Tampa. What is going to happen to Mac? Who will be at Mac's wedding? I hate Kraft for all of this.

If they have an even worse record than last year with no improvement, he probably will seriously consider it - just like he did with Pete Carroll.

There's historical precedent of what it takes for a replacement of the coaching staff at Patriots Place, but many just keep ignoring it.
This time it's different.

Kraft made a choice to let Brady go and stick with BB. Kraft made a mistake.

This time it's different.

Kraft made a choice to let Brady go and stick with BB. Kraft made a mistake.
BB is the GM. He is the one who makes personnel decisions. Kraft has said many times that he's very hands-off with that stuff but people don't believe him.

Wait, didn't all those players suck because of the GM; so who would trade without a mind control device??
Brady still win regardless of the quality of FA or Draft pick.

The statement was that if Brady stayed then the Pats were strung by the cap.

7-9, 10-8, 8-9 = 25-26
Belichicks record post Brady
nuff ced
without Brady to cover up for his dodgy decisions on an off the field, he is the football equivalent of Ralph Houk in the early 80s.... mediocre

Belichick contributed a ton to Brady’s development. Even Brady admitted that.

Brady was the GOAT but only when he had really good players around him and was in a great system.

Last edited:
Or he could’ve chosen to keep Brady and stayed in cap hell with a nonplayoff roster.
"Cap hell" with basically zero dollars allocated to the 2021 cap, lol. You guys buy anything, it's incredible. Not to mention by restructuring Brady they could have significantly lessened his dead money impact in the 2020 cap. A whole lot of avenues to have remained competitive until he retired.

see no other reason for him to be spending so much money on stupid special teams players
The Patriots ST’s have been dreadful the last 2 seasons and counting. I don’t have a problem with BB focusing some attention to that area.

"Cap hell" with basically zero dollars allocated to the 2021 cap, lol. You guys buy anything, it's incredible. Not to mention by restructuring Brady they could have significantly lessened his dead money impact in the 2020 cap. A whole lot of avenues to have remained competitive until he retired.
What does any of this ^ mean... other than you don't know a damn thing about the salary cap?

After 2019, a quarter of the Patriots cap for 2020 was gone, it was used on 70+ player's no longer with the team... dead cap.

They had to replace or re-sign 12 starters or major contributors in 2020, including the entire LB'ing unit and most expensive player on the team... the QB.

Brady's cap debt couldn't be wished away, he also wanted a new contract. So any new deal he signed would have been new money added to his existing 13.5 million dollar dead cap hit. Brady's dead cap, Antonio Brown's dead cap and Michael Bennett's dead cap hit... the three largest dead cap hits on the team combined, didn't equal Stephon Gilmore's cap hit for 2020.

Gilmore's cap hit was one of the largest in the league in 2020 because they used his contract as a slush fund in 2018 and 2019 and kicked cap debt down the road so they could sign players at the trade deadline. In 2021, after signing 250 million dollars in new free agents, guess whose cap hit was the largest on the team... Gilmore's... again.

It wasn't that they could afford to sign Brady, it was they couldn't afford to sign Brady and put a competitive team around him. To attempt this they would have to continue borrowing against future cap, even then the team wouldn't be good enough to win a ring. Tom wanted name brand veteran weapons... those are expensive. There was no path forward that led to more rings.... not unless Tom at 43 years old was willing to waste a year on a bad team while they cleaned up their cap situation. Why should he do that?

Splitting up and going their separate ways was the best thing for both player and team... something I was saying when Tom was still undecided about leaving the Patriots in the offseason before 2020. They Patriots only had a massive amount of money to spend in 2021 because they moved on and started over, because they cleared that dead cap... it wasn't just sitting there unused.

Last edited:
Dude, get over it. Brady is not upset, why are you? Brady was at Kraft's wedding a few months ago. It is all good. Everyone loves each other except you.
Dude, get over what? Watching Bill let top stars walk over money while paying himself top dollar to stand on the sideline with his family and friends?

I'd be willing to bet that Brady wanted to stay here and was indeed unhappy with the way he was treated at the end. Why would attending Kraft's wedding have anything to do with that. It was Bill's decision to dump Brady, not Kraft's.

Dude, get over what? Watching Bill let top stars walk over money while paying himself top dollar to stand on the sideline with his family and friends?

I'd be willing to bet that Brady wanted to stay here and was indeed unhappy with the way he was treated at the end. Why would attending Kraft's wedding have anything to do with that. It was Bill's decision to dump Brady, not Kraft's.
I am sure you would be willing to bet that because it upsets you. But you are the only one upset. Did you hear the Brady and BB podcast interview? They were both genuinely supportive and appreciative of each other. You are the only one upset, and you keep making up fake scenarios you really believe to stay upset. Dude, keep fooling yourself, got to love the persistence in the face of all the evidence to the contrary.

You have been whining about this for 3 years. Shut the **** up already
Use the ignore option tough guy because there's no way that I'm going to kiss Bill's ass for you or anyone else.

Use the ignore option tough guy because there's no way that I'm going to kiss Bill's ass for you or anyone else.
Seek help already. You are embarrassing yourself

I'm going to drink the BB Kool-Aid right to the very end when he decides to leave (after breaking Shula's record).

Brady was demanding $25m per year, there was already money deferred from previous restructures, and he was 42. Eventually that cap bill comes due, and paying him $25m inhibits you from building up the rest of the roster. It was a blessing that Tom chose to leave when he did, allowing BB to blow it up the following season, then draft Mac and have some cap space.

The only way this could have been different is if we had drafted better from 2017-19. We didn't, but we're drafting better recently.

BB was willing to pay 15 million that year, TB wanted more and he should have but the finances were too stretched. BB borrowed from the future for TBs last few years here, the bill was due. Time to reset unless some of you guys agree with Felger that the cap is crap. Even Felger has admitted he was wrong about that.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back