Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Much Has Our Receiving Corp Improved?

• There is no comparison; we a top 5 set of receivers.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • There is no comparison; we a top 10 set of receivers; enough to compete for SB

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without a top 10 QB

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without ABC at quarterback.

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Is it hindsight to already declare that Bourne & especially Agholor are, like, Really over-paid?
no, you consistently trash Bill's actions, no matter the result. And yes, you do so before and after the decisions.

Well, the conventional wisdom seems to be set that Agholor was one of the worst free agent signings this year.

So based on that I have to assume he'll end up being the best signing the Pats made.

Has Harriet been traded yet?
Good nickname for him. Fits his personality. He's lucky Parcells isn't the Coach who would steal his soul.

He's almost in the same league as AJ Jenkins as being the least motivated WR I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I believe if we draft waddle, the threat of his speed will loosen coverage on Harry’s side and he may become more productive.

harry's side is the bench

ouch! Sucks being Harry with this crowd,

Surely we can see that Harry has at least a chance (However slim) to become a legit receiver.

no, you consistently trash Bill's actions, no matter the result. And yes, you do so before and after the decisions.

Why would I trash actions with favorable results?

Why would I trash actions with favorable results?
Look into the mirror each morning and ask yourself that question.

The patriots have had favorable results for 19 years. They are rated as being among the very best at drafting and securing talent, and ESPECIALLY securing talent in the early free agency by not overpaying.

We went from the worst WR core to a bottom 10 WR core. Unless Edelman finds thefountain of youth.

People comparing Edelman and Agholor must certainly realize that they are not playing the same position right ?

It is like saying White is the best RB the Pats have and compare him to Michel/Harris even though he does all his damage as a flexback and not so much "running".

Agholor is much better at what he does well than Edelman and conversely a healthy Edelman is a lot better in his specific niche. There is no controversy in this, it is just a fact.

It is kinda ironic that we keep having those dumb comparisons by a fanbase that has watched BB talk about situational football and make average players look good-to-great by identifying good roles for them for two decades.

People comparing Edelman and Agholor must certainly realize that they are not playing the same position right ?

It is like saying White is the best RB the Pats have and compare him to Michel/Harris even though he does all his damage as a flexback and not so much "running".

Agholor is much better at what he does well than Edelman and conversely a healthy Edelman is a lot better in his specific niche. There is no controversy in this, it is just a fact.

It is kinda ironic that we keep having those dumb comparisons by a fanbase that has watched BB talk about situational football and make average players look good-to-great by identifying good roles for them for two decades.
Situational football? Pshaw. Don't you know if you don't have four #1 receivers at short and low money you both overpaid free agents and drafted like crap?

The Patriots have never thrown up a lot of deep third balls as their offensive staple. They use an occasional long throw (up the sidelines mostly) usually to free up the middle third for the TEs and slot receiver. They also move the ball through all three tiers and through multiple roles pretty consistently so that the defense cant do to them what they do to other offenses (the "one guy" offense which stalls when he's game planned out - see Hopkins, Houston Texans among other examples).

This offense, assuming the two TEs "get it", will be running and TE focused with the WRs purely complimentary taking advantage of wherever the mismatch is assuming the QB is capable of identifying said mismatch. Granted they didn't even have that last year - it was run, run, and run again but even then there were contests where match ups favored the Pats (Myers and Edelman both had career games in those cases). However because the rest of the offensive players were so raw/single role once defenses saw those one time mismatches they adjusted and there was nowhere else to go except back to the run.

Collective talent. Do you have a deep guy? A middle third guy (route runner)? And then at least two facets that are usually a mismatch by themselves (i.e Henry and the running game)? If yes, the likelihood, if all of them grasp the playbook and the OL and QB function effectively, is a pretty good offense.

Last edited:
Look into the mirror each morning and ask yourself that question.

The patriots have had favorable results for 19 years. They are rated as being among the very best at drafting and securing talent, and ESPECIALLY securing talent in the early free agency by not overpaying.

If you don't think that Agholor, Godsmack & Jalen Mills were Not overpaid, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't think that Agholor, Godsmack & Jalen Mills were Not overpaid, then I don't know what to tell you.
Overpaid? Sure. Cap killer overpaid? No. This isn't Alex Rodriguez "we're stuck with this guy for ten years???" if some don't pan out.

Good nickname for him. Fits his personality. He's lucky Parcells isn't the Coach who would steal his soul.

He's almost in the same league as AJ Jenkins as being the least motivated WR I've ever seen.
who is AJ Jenkins ? sounds familiar but can't picture him

who is AJ Jenkins ? sounds familiar but can't picture him
He’s one of the worst 1st round WR’s to be drafted in the last 20 years. He was a late 1st round pick by the 49ers. He was offered to train and be mentored by Jerry Rice. Jenkins was all talk acting like he was initially excited about it, but then declined the invitation to train with him. He showed up to camp out of shape and soon flamed out of the NFL.

49ers 2004 1st round pick Rahsaun Woods was worse.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back