Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How Much Has Our Receiving Corp Improved?

• There is no comparison; we a top 5 set of receivers.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • There is no comparison; we a top 10 set of receivers; enough to compete for SB

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without a top 10 QB

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • We are better, but it doesn't matter without ABC at quarterback.

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Anyone who thinks that Edelman is a better 2021 downfield threat than Agholor doesn't watch football.

Who said anything about “ downfield?” Edelman is a better receiver than Agholor, period. Feel free to try and prove otherwise, you can’t.

They are receiving options you can't discount them. Did we say the pats had no receivers when it was just Welker and Lloyd in 2012. Just discount hernandez and Gronk
That’s moving the goalposts, what I said that was quoted was “ WR,” it didn’t include backs and TE’s.

OP posted the query asking about receiving corp, yes?

i'd look at receiving corp as including WRs, TEs & backs

Who said anything about “ downfield?” Edelman is a better receiver than Agholor, period. Feel free to try and prove otherwise, you can’t.

realistically, in today's NFL, they play two different positions, although there may be some overlap

With the addition of two reputable TE's our WR and RB's will be that much better... if Cam (insert draft pick) can get on the same page.

Not sure Edelman will be back, only so many knee injuries can he sustain...

Anyone who thinks that Edelman is a better 2021 downfield threat than Agholor doesn't watch football.
Feel free to show where anyone said that Edelman is a better deep threat than Agholor? You can’t, because no one said that. I said Edelman is the better receiver and I stand by that. I’ll be waiting for you to back your statement up.

Agholor is good, however he is nowhere near a number 1 and unfortunately I think BB has plans to make him the number 1 and pay him like 1.

edelman is at an age where WRs retire

(Writing this here since I couldn't find a better thread to add my comment to)

If the Pats try their hand again at drafting a wide receiver, I hope they'll consider Ihmir Smith-Marsette out of Iowa late in the draft. He's someone I haven't heard much about but he's intrigued me as I'm digging in and learning more about who will be available. Projected as a possible 2021 second rounder heading into the 2020 season but his production dipped. Had his best game of his career in his final game (he might want to not show off like he did that game when he flipped into the end zone and tweaked his leg). Can also kick return. Coached by Bill Belichick disciple Kirk Ferentz. Might be someone to keep an eye on in the 4th or 5th round.

Last edited:
We have one of the best receiving RB's; perhaps Michell and Harris are improving as receivers.
We have added Agholor and Bourne
We have added two top TE's

IMO, this set of receivers is much, much better than in 2020. PLUS we could get some contribution from one of Edelman, Meyers, Gunner, Asiasi, and Harry.

We have one of the best receiving RB's; perhaps Michell and Harris are improving as receivers.

IMO, this set of receivers is much, much better than in 2020. PLUS we could get some contribution from one of Edelman, Meyers, Gunner, Asiasi, and Harry.
IMO, including but not limited to receivers, it's a better roster overall - with COVID returnees, etc. IF we don't improve at QB, we can at LEAST say that our possible long-hauler QB is 1 more year removed from the COVID blahs. And you are right regarding the receiver room (YAY, I used it in a sentence! Am I cool yet? b/c I'm pushing 60 and would like to be cool for 5 minutes before well, you know.)

I think that if we believe that 7-9 was a normal expectation with last year's crew (i.e., we don't think that represents an outlier on the high side,) we're in playoffs territory right now, from a talent standpoint.

Now that said, who gets injured by day 1? And who else is on board by day 1? And of course, especially for guys in their second year in the system...

"the question is, is our children learning?"

IMO, this set of receivers is much, much better than in 2020...
I should certainly hope so...The question is: is it as good as it could've been?

This must be fake news. They couldn't have these games with the worst QB in football.
And he was done after that game. In fact, he was exhausted by the 4th quarter which caused him to drop the game winner. His pitch count needs to go way down this year.

A lot

from worst in the league, a literal laughingstock that you can’t believe someone got paid to assemble on an nfl roster to potentially ok

The receiving corp (WR/TE/RB) are much improved IMO but how much?
Great question.....I think Henry will be huge here.....the rest will either be very good or the next Izzo, Mohammed Sanu and Philip Dorsett ...time will tell....

Agular and Bourne are not much of any better then what we had last year. Bb proves he can not evaluate receivers yet again.

smith and Henry, if they are walking upright and breathing, are better than stumble and fumble that we drafted last year.

we need to draft two wide receivers. To be a future number 1 and number 2.
Not sure why you had anyone disagreeing here....good post

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back