PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Points A Game Under Stidham In 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is 14 per game plus an average of 3 from the defense reasonable? Folks can look up where that puts us.

I don't really have a guess but my initial thought is if Stid the Kid is only mustering up 14 points per game we're probably drafting a QB in the early rounds. Anyway I don't think that will happen. They seem to like him so I'm expecting a fun "rookie" season.

Stids will earn 1st downs with his wheels unlike the Tompa statue
Stids will prolong plays with his wheels creating deeper pass completions than Two Yard Tompa
Stids will look at all receiver options forcing D’s to defend all the field vs just concentrating on Tompa’s little pale buddy.
Stids will start season with a NFL FB and athletic TE options

In other words I expect the Pats offense to be better than Tompa’s last go. The bar was set so low it can only be better in 2020
To that let me add, Stids will have an offensive line centered by an actual starting centerman. I don't think any of us realy appreciated what David Andrews brings to the table until he wasn't there.

Losing Isaiah Wynn for the entire season also hurt us but I'm way less confident that Wynn will ever see the field consistently after 2 straight years of not even being close to reliable to take the field and what the loss of those 2 years will mean for his eroding OL skills.

I don't really have a guess but my initial thought is if Stid the Kid is only mustering up 14 points per game we're probably drafting a QB in the early rounds. Anyway I don't think that will happen. They seem to like him so I'm expecting a fun "rookie" season.
Maybe 29 Tds and 13 Ints

30 points a game!!!!!!

43rlz4.gif

...brought to you by my inner Pats cheerleader. :)

I almost think it's more important to ask how many points we'll give up. We need our defense to take control of the game so the rookie has a margin of error.

P 20.00 oo
O
I almost think it's more important to ask how many points we'll give up. We need our defense to take control of the game so the rookie has a margin of error.
I think what is being left out the convo is how important it is to get AsiAsi and Keene rolling.
Tight ends are a young Qbs best friend.

On defense aside from little to no injuries is getting Josh and Anfernee rolling at linebacker to keep the defense stout.
Let's not forget our Kicker Justin to not miss kicks and actually hit the Xps.
Those are the most important Rookies who need to hit the ground running if we have any shot at sniffing a playoff or wild card birth.

Is 14 per game plus an average of 3 from the defense reasonable? Folks can look up where that puts us.
That would be horrible.

The jets scored 276 points last year, so anything less than 18 ppg seems silly.
The cards and colts were 16th with 361 points or 22.6 ppg.
I will say 23-24 ppg as of now.

I will project the O to avg 25 ppg and the d to give up 19 ppg.

Personally, I don't think that our offense is as good as the 2019 cards and 2019 colts, as of now.

The Steelers also averaged 18 a game last season with some really terrible QB play from wire to wire. 14 points a game would be one of the worst offenses the league has had this century. I wouldn’t count on it.

For the last 9 games including the playoffs the Patriots averaged 18.1 ppg. What makes people think they'll average a touchdown a game more?

20 ppg is good and 23 would be if everything goes right and perfect and Harry shows he doesn't actually suck worse than Donald Hayes

The patriots averaged 26.25 points a game in the 2019-2020 season.

With a QB that posted an 88 passer rating. Imagine if he had a good season.

The 2001 Patriots with a green Tom Brady averaged 23 points a game and that was in a different era. Don't see why the 2020 Patriots can't at least match that. None of the defenses we play this year other than SF's scare me that much.

This is a fair expectation. If Edelman is healthy the weapons on offense are at the least comparable to 01, will be superior if Harry and / or the rookie te’s pan out. While it’s not very realistic to expect Stidham to match the goat it’s not at all unreasonable to think he could match the 2001 Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft