PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Deals From Today and Yesterday Would You Have Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How many deals from today and yesterday would you have made. I understand that we might have had to pay a bit more to get the player, but presume that we could sign the same contract as was signed.

Knowing the free agents we still have out there, and other constraints,

WHICH DEALS WOULD YOU HAVE MADE?

My answer is none. What say you?

Last edited:
Humphries and John brown are the closest.. but 8 and 9 mil respectively is a little too steep

John Brown or Cole Beasley would have been a Patriot.

Humphries and John brown are the closest.. but 8 and 9 mil respectively is a little too steep

Going rate can't get something for nothing anymore. Edelman's contract in Today's NFL is a sin.

Would've signed Flowers. He actually got a bit less than people anticipated. Pass rushers of his mold don't come around often.

Patterson will be a big loss. Would've signed him to a deal he got from Chicago.

I would have turned down the jets like Barr did.

Going rate can't get something for nothing anymore. Edelman's contract in Today's NFL is a sin.
The thought of bringing in Humphries, Brown, Tyrell Williams, Inman, or Beasley and them making 20-40% more then Edelman is cringe worthy. Just gotta laugh it off if you're Edelman and dream of the day when you're wearing a gold jacket with a fist full of rings... I think a higher contract for Golden Tate would be closer to justifiable

Given the amounts involved, not a single one of them. Sitting on a ton of cap space would change that answer appreciably.

Would've signed Flowers. He actually got a bit less than people anticipated. Pass rushers of his mold don't come around often.

Patterson will be a big loss. Would've signed him to a deal he got from Chicago.

Flowers got more than what people anticipated or at least from what I saw.

We got Trent Brown with a 3rd round pick
We got Flowers with our 4th round pick
We got Patterson for a 5th round pick

The Patriots know how to use their draft assets. We have plenty of them this year.

It's better than that. They got Patterson by dropping to 210 from 168 and Brown by dropping from 95 to 143.

Patterson is the most popular deal in this thread? Hard pass. Love him but 5 mill is a big overpay.

Maybe Cole Beasley, but that’s it. If we can get Tate cheaper I’ll take it.

I would have paid Dwayne Allen the $3.5m/year he got from the Lolphins

He couldn't catch a cold, but he was an integral part of our running game

With the cap situation as stands? None...or maybe if there had been a greater immediate need: Jordan Hicks at 4/36. That looks like a pretty good deal for the Cardinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back