PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Deals From Today and Yesterday Would You Have Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Flowers but I understand why they didn’t.

Only thing that bothers me is he was huge in College when it came to pressuring the qb and he sustained the success for his first contract with the Pats. Would of been nice to have him for another 4. Good luck to him.

“Solid guy, solid player. He will be missed.” In my best David Spade Coneheads voice.

I would have paid Dwayne Allen the $3.5m/year he got from the Lolphins

He couldn't catch a cold, but he was an integral part of our running game

He was an unheralded key cog in this offense imo. Definitely worth the 3.5.

The first day of free agent signings is always marked big contracts and a lot of wishful thinking. I suppose that in most years, the answer to your question would be "None."

Day 1 - I would have signed up Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.

Then broke for lunch.

I have never understood the value proposition from TEs that “can’t catch a cold”. Why not use a 6th OL as TE? Makes more sense.

I have never understood the value proposition from TEs that “can’t catch a cold”. Why not use a 6th OL as TE? Makes more sense.
There is much more threat from a faster TE releasing off the line than a Tackle who cant run fast. It will always keep the other team guessing, which is half the game.

How many deals from today and yesterday would you have made. I understand that we might have had to pay a bit more to get the player, but presume that we could sign the same contract as was signed.

Knowing the free agents we still have out there, and other constraints,

WHICH DEALS WOULD YOU HAVE MADE?

My answer is none. What say you?

Some time has elapsed but as far as the big deals I wouldn’t have made any of them. Now they are going into the more real phase of the market and deals will make more sense.

Very good thread.

Maybe Patterson.
I think BB and Pats undervalued and had condescending view on what Patterson brought to table last year!!! Patterson did everything and anything to help this team....great stint as our running game....made a ton of tough catches and yes was incredible on jet sweep (also KR of course)....would have loved them to try little harder to keep Patterson here!

Edelman will probably look back with some regret years from now....guys like him and TFB don’t exist anymore in any sport...

Going rate can't get something for nothing anymore. Edelman's contract in Today's NFL is a sin.

Good run blocker but that is a pretty easy fill....I think obviously ideally you want a TE that can make some catches in addition to being good part of running game production. Allen totally one dimensional...like you say couldn’t catch a cold....some of the worst hands I have ever seen on WR or TE....just horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back