PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Mac Jones Looked in His First Start Compared With Tom Brady

One thing's for damn sure, the forum's Mac10 (formerly TommyBrady12 - LMAO) is an embarrassment to the real Mac Jones, #10 of the NE Patriots. His trolling is so pathetic it rivals those of Jete fans. LMAO

And let's not forget that the Patriots have continuity now on offense, a long history of running their offense in this league. The 2001 Patriots were coming off an offense designed for big armed Drew Bledsoe, and it was still a Ron Erhardt offense. Weis is the guy who designed what we have now, but he was not yet who he was to become.

That being said, Mac Jones's throwing style and his pocket presence reminds me a lot of.... Peyton Manning. Not Brady.

What continuity of offense ??
Last year the TEs were LaCosse and Izzo, NKeal was starting and Michel is gone.

New guys this year include Hunter Henry, Agholor, Bourne, Jonnu, Bolden never really played besides special teams, Stevenson is new. And Popovich left leaving a moron D3 OLine coach who was clearly not Scar's protege.

Get outta here with claiming this current offense had continuity.

One thing's for damn sure, the forum's Mac10 (formerly TommyBrady12 - LMAO) is an embarrassment to the real Mac Jones, #10 of the NE Patriots. His trolling is so pathetic it rivals those of Jete fans. LMAO

The fact that you got the worst (and most complained about) poster on the board to agree with you is telling about the quality of your post...

Also, where's that poll? And are you going to change your avatar back to the Bucs?

Last edited:
What continuity of offense ??
Last year the TEs were LaCosse and Izzo, NKeal was starting and Michel is gone.

New guys this year include Hunter Henry, Agholor, Bourne, Jonnu, Bolden never really played besides special teams, Stevenson is new. And Popovich left leaving a moron D3 OLine coach who was clearly not Scar's protege.

Get outta here with claiming this current offense had continuity.
Same offensive philosophy, depends on who they have that depends on what they run.

And like I said he's entitled to his opinion even if I disagree with it.
I won't bother contradicting MAC10 because he's not listening
Brady was not carried to the Super Bowl in 2001. At all. Not even briefly.
Thank you. Brady made plays to win games[December 2nd at the Jets comes to mind], just as Flutie did in '88.
And the 2001 Pats miss the playoffs if Brady wasn't starter.
Just as they did in '88 when Flutie was benched

View attachment 37724

All the caveats about different era, yada yada. Still, eerily similar.
Numbers do not tell the story. Just look at the Plunkett-dismissers who apparently think Marc Wilson would have led the Raiders to those two Super Bowls (LOL).

Mac is progressing very well, but he has for example done nothing like the Brady comeback vs. the Chargers (& Doug who I believe lost his first game ever in Foxborough) on October 14th.
The progression of Tom Brady from '01 to '03 was incredible.
Not really. Sure, stats improved a bit, but fundamentals like attitude, awareness, NOT making fatal mistakes, not pressing when it isn't there, constantly learning and doing what it takes to win the game were there throughout. As with Grogan and Flutie.
From there, he nearly carried a team to the SB in '06
2005 was frustrating and disappointing. Not paying & keeping Deion even after deservedly winning the Super Bowl MVP as any other team would have, and more importantly because the Patriots needed him, made winning almost impossible but Brady almost took us there anyway.
and changed the football world in '07 - Brady was arguably the GOAT then!
Belichick got him some receivers. But he hurt his ankle and we had a bad day in Arizona.
Brady had IT from the beginning of his career as a starter. The team bought in to him.
Ditto for Flutie in '88. Some players were still expressing support for Bledsoe, as some did for Eason in '88. Bledsoe and Eason could throw a football but didn't do anything else. Flutie did not do worse (or even as badly) as Kelly, Elway, Montana, Aikman or Young did as starters at first statistically - and more important, like Brady, he won. As Jones is doing now. The potential is clearly there. I was not surprised at all by Brady's later success, or by Flutie's domination of the CFL.

The stats are not comparable. Different eras of the game.

Warner didn't really offer any evidence to back up his opinion but he's entitled to have one. I totally disagree with the idea that Brady was "a placeholder" in 2001 and apparently so did BB or Drew would have been back in the game as soon as he was healthy. Brady had IT from the beginning of his career as a starter. The team bought in to him. Dunno if Mac does or if he's just a guy who can execute a system really well when he plays within it. We also don't know if Mac will put in the work needed this offseason to build his arm strength and work on other areas of his game. Brady did that and it paid off immediately when he was named backup out of camp and then named starter.

Also Warner didn't play Brady, the Rams defense did.
I haven't seen anything that would say Mac won't put in the effort. Quite the opposite, the guy looks like he is passionate about football and winning. Looks to have a very competitive nature. Something tells me he'll always do whatever he can to improve.

Nope.

It's just you with your crappy posts. You and LFG. Such transparent organizational stooges.

And I'll go toe to toe with any of crybaby construction guy's lackeys. A 2-4 team, 0-4 at home, only the worst homers would be decrying criticism of the team then.

Nope.

It's just you with your crappy posts. You and LFG. Such transparent organizational stooges.

And I'll go toe to toe with any of crybaby construction guy's lackeys. A 2-4 team, 0-4 at home, only the worst homers would be decrying criticism of the team then.

You mean @BaconGrundleCandy ?

After 20 years of success, you were louder than anyone on this board about the poor start to the season. And now you are backtracking giving all the credit to Eliot Wolf and Groh, where there is scant evidence that they had anything to do with the turnaround.

You mean @BaconGrundleCandy ?

After 20 years of success, you were louder than anyone on this board about the poor start to the season. And now you are backtracking giving all the credit to Eliot Wolf and Groh, where there is scant evidence that they had anything to do with the turnaround.

HILARIOUS. April'21 is the best draft class since the 2009-2012 years.

I'm not even going to waste time thinking about replying more to you.

I'm just SO GLAD that this past draft fixed so many crappy drafts in the past, in huge part to Eliot Wolf and Groh being part of the process.

HILARIOUS. April'21 is the best draft class since the 2009-2012 years.

I'm not even going to waste time thinking about replying more to you.

I'm just SO GLAD that this past draft fixed so many crappy drafts in the past, in huge part to Eliot Wolf and Groh being part of the process.

Just a reminder of who it was that picked Mac Jones...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back