PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How is Buffalo 9-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have the easiest SOS (.353) by a decent margin. Vikings are 2nd easiest at .415

They have the 5th worst SOV (.270) behind
Cowboys .246
Redskins .239
Cardinals .152
Bengals .000

The bills are looking impressive today. I think the national media might start to take notice.
Of course I want the Patriots to keep them 2nd best ...
However it's tough to hate on that long suffering franchise.

There was a play where Allen stood in the pocket like a statue, kind of like Brady back in the day, and delivered a strike. if the Bills keep winning they could be another threat.

Allen has been really good this year in terms of not taking the bait that leads to TO's. Really limited the dumb plays but the staff there are killing it as well. Making everything a lot more easy on him, esp hot routes, anything underneath. And to Allen's credit he looks very natural delivering some passes he really never attempted in college. Again big time credit to him.

I wasn't the biggest Allen fan in college or coming out even though the grading scale I use gave him a 2nd Rd grade. He had a lot working against him but has really taken a leap this year.
Jackson & Allen both made the key 2 year jump which is huge for QBs. Not a deal breaker but again year 2-3 are make or break in a lot of cases.

I wasn't a believer in Buffalo but this was a huge win. Short week on the road when everyone is just waiting for you to fall on your face.

I can't wait for 49ers/Buffalo vs Balty. 3 of the 5-10 best teams in the league. All very physical w versatile QBs. All 3 have coaching staffs that are at the top of their game rn.

Next 3 weeks are huge & could be very telling.

NEP trying to get whole. Looking to get the offense on the same page. Trying to get/stay healthy all around.

Meanwhile Balty, 49ers & Buffalo all play each other. Making it must watch TV for any fan or coach.

They have the easiest SOS (.353) by a decent margin. Vikings are 2nd easiest at .415

Cowboys .246
Redskins .239
Cardinals .152
Bengals .000

The Pats and Bills schedules differ by only 2 games.

The Bills play the 6 - 5 Titans and 3 - 8 Broncos

The Pats play the 7 - 4 Texans and 7 - 4 Chiefs.

Bills are legit maybe just give them a tip of the hat.

The records of the opponents are indeed close.

Bills: 6-5, 3-8, 9-1, 9-1
Pats: 7-4, 7-4, 8-3, 8-3

Buffalo’s defensive scheme is to win big on first down and force opponents to throw against that tight secondary on second and third down. A power running game is their enemy. One of their dt’s is tiny and easily blown off the ball in running plays.

Should be interesting to see how they handle Baltimore.

Would love to see Baltimore lose to both the niners and Bills, if that's not possible at least lose to one of them.

Would love to see Baltimore lose to both the niners and Bills, if that's not possible at least lose to one of them.

If BALT lose to BUF, then BUF is a lot stronger team than we suspect that they are.

Cowboys .246
Redskins .239
Cardinals .152
Bengals .000

This

If BALT lose to BUF, then BUF is a lot stronger team than we suspect that they are.
Let's worry about winning the division before wishing our division rival to win games in pursuit of HFA. The Bills don't seem like a threat for the division yet they keep winning. I'd hate to end up with the #5 seed just because we slept on Buffalo and a couple other teams.

The good news (at least according to the Playoff Machine) is that Buffalo, even at 13-3 and tying head to head games, would need us to be 12-4 for them to win the division.

While it'd be great to see Baltimore lose to the Bills to humble the former, I'd rather have the Ravens continue their slaughters and grow overconfident. I don't picture any single team winning out from now until the Super Bowl. So get it out of the way now and learn from it.

The bills also play the patriots and the patriots play the bills twice so they affect sos too.
The bills got to 9-3 against a weak schedule. That dies t mean they arent good it means they aren’t tested. Win against a bad team isn’t a bad thing.
We will see, today was a big plus in evaluating them.

Bills are trending up for sure. They aren't winning the Division but I'm looking forward to seeing them in December. They are a team on the move. Last time Josh Allen had a terrible game but they otherwise played us pretty even. He's a much better QB now. Not the same guy at all. He has taken a big step forward. Moving ahead this year and next I expect the Bills to be legit competition. I'm sure Bill has taken note.

One is enough.

The records of the opponents are indeed close.

Bills: 6-5, 3-8, 9-1, 9-1
Pats: 7-4, 7-4, 8-3, 8-3
The last 5 games include winless Cincinnati and the LOLphins. New England doesn’t play two 8-3 teams. Maybe I misunderstood what these records represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back