PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How is Buffalo 9-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Buffalo is overrated, but none of that matters. The fact remains that they are 9-3, and we’ve seen this movie play out before where a divisional opponent pulls off the upset. Whether that’s on Dec.21 or in the postseason, they’re going to come here and give NE a fight.

Hopefully, NE wins on Sunday and remains 2 games up with 4 to go (two of which will be Cincy and Miami).

The Ravens game will be really interesting because they have the extra rest and prep time like the Ravens had against the Pats. The SF game will be really physical so I think the Bills have a decent shot at knocking them off.

With the offensive woes and flu, the Pats could end up at 13-3. The Bills game will be important, and they seem to be improving every week.

So, want Bills to beat the Ravens, lose to 49ers.

The bills also play the patriots and the patriots play the bills twice so they affect sos too.
The bills got to 9-3 against a weak schedule. That dies t mean they arent good it means they aren’t tested. Win against a bad team isn’t a bad thing.
We will see, today was a big plus in evaluating them.

In other words the Pats schedule is easier because they play the Bills who are benefactors of a weak schedule. Your words.

Actually youre admitting that the Bills schedule is more difficult by pointing out that they must play the best team in Conference twice. The Bills lost to NE, Cleveland and Philadelphia. Cleveland and Philadelphia both gave the Patriots a game and werent cupcakes.

The Bills are very real.

Good defense and Josh Allen will be a star in the NFL for a long time if he keeps this up. Allen was the leading rusher at Wyoming so its not foreign to him ti take off and leave the pocket. But, Allen does not make a living off running like your Jacksons and Murrays because he has the best arm in his draft. Allen is starting to hone in his passing accuracy and pick his spots.

Triumph said that Allen would be a good QB if developed correctly. Yeah, its way early but it appears that Buffalo is bringing Allen along slowly and not hanging him out to dry like Rex Ryan did to Sanchez.

The Bills vs Pats game is going to be a battle.

Last edited:
The last 5 games include winless Cincinnati and the LOLphins. New England doesn’t play two 8-3 teams. Maybe I misunderstood what these records represent.

I see what the poster is intending. He’s not breaking down the the records of the remaining games but instead pointing out the records of the teams that represent differences in the schedule.

so the two games of 8-3 represented our two games against Buffalo (since buffalo doesn’t play themselves)

Should end the talk about the AFCE being such a weak division. Division leading Cowboys go 1-3 against the AFCE.

They’re a decent squad and they’re really well coached. Much better run team than the Jest and Goofins. Still don’t trust Allen, and he’s going to get hurt playing that way.

Baltimore can’t win out realistically can they? Because I don’t see us finishing 15-1 and no one wants to have to potentially go to Baltimore in January. This is where Buffalo and San Fran come in. If the Niners win Sunday I think that knocks the Ravens back down to earth and makes them vulnerable to Buffalo the week after.

Don’t really care what their strength of schedule is. They beat the teams they had to beat. Very hypocritical to point out their schedule and not look at the Pats. Had a lot of pundits not giving New England defense props because of the schedule and some didn’t like that.

Glad this game is a prove it on the field instead of a who played who. Buffalo is trending in the right direction, hungry and definitely a worthy opponent. Special teams came through the last time they played and the offense needs to perform much better the next time. I think they will, also think the Pats defense will hold them under 10 points.

Don’t really care what their strength of schedule is. They beat the teams they had to beat. Very hypocritical to point out their schedule and not look at the Pats. Had a lot of pundits not giving New England defense props because of the schedule and some didn’t like that.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Buffalo's success puts a new perspective on the game earlier in the season as well. Even though ti was a game of two undefeated teams at the time, the expectation is that we should have stomped them because they were just a imposters. Months later they are still among the top of the league and actually would have the three seed if they were in a different division.

Should end the talk about the AFCE being such a weak division. Division leading Cowboys go 1-3 against the AFCE.

After last night's loss, the NFCE overall record is 15-30. Easily the worst in the NYFL. The AFCE is at 25-20, thanks mostly to the NFCE 4-10 record against them. It was a good year to have them on our schedule.

Bills were the only AFC team yesterday. Lmao at how biased they are on turkey day games

It’s about time the Pats have a team in their rearview mirror.

Bills were the only AFC team yesterday. Lmao at how biased they are on turkey day games

Well given that there are the same two NFC teams that play every thanksgiving this isn’t very surprising, also conferences don’t mean too much so I don’t see where the bias comes in...

The last 5 games include winless Cincinnati and the LOLphins. New England doesn’t play two 8-3 teams. Maybe I misunderstood what these records represent.

12 opponents are the same
4 are different
these are the 4

So, the AFC East isn't a weak division because the NFCE is worse? The AFCE East has been a week division for decades, often with one strong team and two really weak ones.

There is no question regarding the NFCE. One team will be forced to win the division. While I expect the winners to be 9-7, the winner easily could easily be 8-8.

Baltimore can’t win out realistically can they? Because I don’t see us finishing 15-1 and no one wants to have to potentially go to Baltimore in January. This is where Buffalo and San Fran come in. If the Niners win Sunday I think that knocks the Ravens back down to earth and makes them vulnerable to Buffalo the week after.

I give the Bills as good or better chance than the Niners of knocking off the Ravens.

Going west coast to east coast and playing a 1pm (10am) game is a huge disadvantage for the Niners.

Bills get 3 extra days to get ready. Home game, in Buffalo, in December - and who knows what the weather will be like? That's a tough place to win.

Baltimore has been winning by bullying teams. They're about to play two bullies. These should be a couple of hard-nosed games.

A power running game is their enemy. One of their dt’s is tiny and easily blown off the ball in running plays.

I'm not convinced after the way they handled a good running Dallas team yesterday that they're terrible against the run.

I agree that they didn't stop the run game, but they did limit the run (especially on first down) which once you get a lead has the same effect in making the other team much more one dimensional. I didn't pay attention to personnel packages at all, but would be curious as to their run package if it gives up the same yard per attempt average as other downs and distance. It may be skewed stats (such as getting long runs after being up more than two scores) as well.

Very interested to see the BAL/BUFF matchup as the Ravens scheme to win first down on offense as much as the Bill scheme to win it on defense.

I was very young the last time the Bills were 9-3.

This is now pretty uncharted territory for them in this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News