PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How has nobody signed Dez Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't the Pats bring him in for a workout? What do they have to lose at this point

I mean the same logic would apply to them giving me a looksee.

Dez is toast and wasn't a good fit for here anyways.

The only people calling for us to look at him are people who are still holding out vain hopes of being able to drop the ever-so-precious I TOLD YOU SO about their posts in 2012-2014 convinced we made a mistake picking McCourty instead of Dez.

He couldn't pick up this offense if you have him a year never mind a week.

Now that the AB thread has disappeared, its twin brother, the Dez thread, rears its very ugly head.
AB is a good option, but what about the annual "Trade for Larry Fitzgerald" thread?

Maybe Goodell will announce a special deal where Kaepernick and Dez can be packaged together and only count as 1 roster spot?

Dez was done before the Achilles injury.

Pretty sure one of the 32 teams would of kicked the tires if he could still play. It’s so bad noone even brings him in for workouts probably because word of mouth got out that he just doesn’t have it anymore

Are there any wide receivers available who go out of their way to respect women? If so, that’s who we should be targeting.
I'd settle for receivers who don't rape, beat, or threaten women and children. That is a low bar; but, here we are.

I'd settle for receivers who don't rape, beat, or threaten women and children. That is a low bar; but, here we are.
Well, do I have an offense for you!

He's 31, clearly not as explosive as he was earlier in his career, coming off a terrible injury for a WR, needed his college offense simplified for him, hasn't played since 2017, had catch percentages of 43, 52 and 52 in his last three seasons played and doesn't play special teams. Do you honestly think he could do something better than the guys we already have?

Maybe?

I mean Sanu currently has a 54% catch percentage with the Patriots. And is averaging an astonishingly low 7.4 yards/rec and 4.0 y/tgt. Those are quite possibly the lowest averages ever for a WR with 20+ catches.

Okay a quick search identifies Josh Cribbs(2009) and Early Doucet(2012) as the only WR to have a lower yards/tgt, minimum 20 catches.

Maybe?

I mean Sanu currently has a 54% catch percentage with the Patriots. And is averaging an astonishingly low 7.4 yards/rec and 4.0 y/tgt. Those are quite possibly the lowest averages ever for a WR with 20+ catches.

Okay a quick search identifies Josh Cribbs(2009) and Early Doucet(2012) as the only WR to have a lower yards/tgt, minimum 20 catches.

Gotta point me to the resource where you can see stats and filter for WR with a high ankle sprain.

Maybe?

We need him to get healthy and get going. He is going to be the X factor going forward.

Gotta point me to the resource where you can see stats and filter for WR with a high ankle sprain.

To be fair, he’s catching the ball with his hands not his ankles. He’s supposed to have great hands too.

To be fair, he’s catching the ball with his hands not his ankles. He’s supposed to have great hands too.

Someone obviously hasn't been watching Brady throw the ball this year :D

In order to get into position to make said catches, he has to be in the spot Brady expects him to be in when Brady expects him to be there. We saw some misses with Edelman this past week that are good examples of what happens if the receiver is just a split second too late to get to that spot.

Gotta make due with what we got I think

Crap I was hoping Michael Thomas!

Harry is almost same height, 16 pounds heavier, much smaller hands, faster 40 time and much stronger than Michael Thomas.
Thomas' hands are huge for his height

Harry is more like Anquin Boldin tham Michael Thomas

Michael Thomas NFL Combine Scores

Wide Receiver [] Ohio State [] Big Ten Conference [] Division I-FBS

Player Info
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Thomas
Nickname:
Position: Wide Receiver
College: Ohio State
Draft Class: 2016
Draft Age: 23.1