PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Do We Plan for Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#OnToDallas !.... On to Dallas...?...

giphy.gif

The Cowboys are led by two rookies and a coach with one playoff victory. In seven seasons, Jason Garrett is all of 1-1 in the playoffs. Whoop-de-friggin'-do.

Let's see how they handle the pressure and attention that comes with their remaining schedule (three of five on the road) and the playoffs. Frankly, I'm good with the Cowboys being the flavor of the month while the Pats move through the rest of their schedule.

Obviously Dallas has been the center of football this year as they are comprised of the two most exciting rookies of the league, Dak Prescott and Zeke. What helps is how well they're performing. Zeke is... Well, he's Zeke. Teams seem to have a harder time stopping him in the pros than when he was at OSU. Prescott is playing very unlike a rookie - very calm, relatively mistake free and rolls out of the pocket quite well.

Dallas's receiving core isn't anything to scoff at either, though an aging and injured Bryant certainly makes it less threatening. Beasley is picking up whatever slack there was from Bryant's slight decline (He can still play tho!)

But none if that compares to how ridiculous their OLine is. Their pass protection is as good as anyone else's, but they really dominate it terms of creating lanes for an already ridiculous RB.

So I'm posing the question - if we make it to the SB and face Dallas, how do we win? Bill would plan to take away Zeke, but how does he do it? Also, how do we prevent Dak from having too much time in the pocket so by the time he rolls out, he finds an open receiver?

Zeke is by far the best rookie and Dak is a good QB hyped because of Elliott ( Cousins is Way BETTER )

If we contain the running game ( big if because they have the best OL in the NFL) i like our chances...

Dak avg 29 att/ per game :

Only two times he surpassed 39 att - one loss ( 45 att agains the Giants) and one win (40 att against the Eagles) - both times he had his worst % of completitions - 55% and 48%.. He needs the running game so if we stop that I don't think he can't beat us with his arm and lack of pass rush..

Seattle should plan for them, not us.... at least not yet.

Dallas will not be in the SB. They've played below average and subpar teams thus far and got lucky against Pitt and Philly who both had them beat. They don't make it out the NFC imo. If somehow they do and we both make it I see this offense putting up 35+ on that leaky defense. Two tight end set will make there heads spin.

Dallas will not be in the SB. They've played below average and subpar teams thus far and got lucky against Pitt and Philly who both had them beat. They don't make it out the NFC imo. If somehow they do and we both make it I see this offense putting up 35+ on that leaky defense. Two tight end set will make there heads spin.

Seatle win there IMO

I prefaced the question simply because it's Thanksgiving, I'm trapped inside and I was interested in some conversation. The echo in here is ridiculous though haha. I understand it's far out, blah blah blah, we're week to week. Just wondering

I certainly will not be throwing any tomatoes your way............

In fact, I was about to pose a similar thread but phrased as "if we played Dallas 10 times, what would the win/loss record be".

I'd still be interested to know people's thoughts because the Cowboys do look like a formidable opponent right now.

Zeke is by far the best rookie and Dak is a good QB hyped because of Elliott ( Cousins is Way BETTER )
I think Romo is way better. People seem to think the Cowboys sucked when Romo played, but they were very good on the (rare) occasions he has been healthy over the past few years.

I think their o-line is stellar and Elliott is unreal, but all we keep hearing about is how wonderful Prescott is. I think he is a talented game manager, but getting a bit too much credit for the winning streak.

Patriots 'Cause and Effect' game plan vs. Dallas

1) Robert Kraft meets up with Jerry Jones before the game and mentions how he plans to be on the field for the entire game to offer his team moral support.
Jerry, not wanting to be out done, immediately heads to his team's sidelines as well.

2) Kraft puts on a head set and begins talking through the microphone during the game.
Jerry, eager to display his own football acumen, grabs himself a headset and starts barking orders.

3) Robert Kraft sidles up to BB during an early 4th and inches play and words are spoken.
Jerry steps in front of Jason Garrett and starts barking instructions to the Cowboys defense.

4) Patriots score and BB, Brady, and the entire team high five Robert Kraft.
Jerry dismisses Garrett and takes over game management and play calling.

5) Robert Kraft puts headset back on and finishes his drink order.
Cowboys implode. Dez takes a swing at Jerry.

BB renames boat "VII Rings"

I didn't know the fans had to plan for the Jets and stay focused to keep the team winning...

Now you know why we didn't win the Superbowl on the years we didn't. We were looking ahead.:(

Patriots 'Cause and Effect' game plan vs. Dallas

1) Robert Kraft meets up with Jerry Jones before the game and mentions how he plans to be on the field for the entire game to offer his team moral support.
Jerry, not wanting to be out done, immediately heads to his team's sidelines as well.

2) Kraft puts on a head set and begins talking through the microphone during the game.
Jerry, eager to display his own football acumen, grabs himself a headset and starts barking orders.

3) Robert Kraft sidles up to BB during an early 4th and inches play and words are spoken.
Jerry steps in front of Jason Garrett and starts barking instructions to the Cowboys defense.

4) Patriots score and BB, Brady, and the entire team high five Robert Kraft.
Jerry dismisses Garrett and takes over game management and play calling.

5) Robert Kraft puts headset back on and finishes his drink order.
Cowboys implode. Dez takes a swing at Jerry.

BB renames boat "VII Rings"

Lol, the funny thing is, this would actually happen knowing "Jerrah":D

I think Romo is way better. People seem to think the Cowboys sucked when Romo played, but they were very good on the (rare) occasions he has been healthy over the past few years.

I think their o-line is stellar and Elliott is unreal, but all we keep hearing about is how wonderful Prescott is. I think he is a talented game manager, but getting a bit too much credit for the winning streak.

100% agree ... If they trade Romo i will be very happy.

Seattle will wipe the smirk off of Jerruhs face
You might want to recall that Seattle lost to the Rams, 9-3, tied St Louis 6-6 and lost to the Saints 25-20.

Force dak to beat you, hands down. Its a tough matchup imo because grind it out teams that can hold onto the ball for long amounts of time usually hurts keeping the GOAT on the sideline.

All i really know is im glad sea and dallas are both in the nfc because IF we make it that far wed only have to go through, and theyre the two biggest threats imo.

You might want to recall that Seattle lost to the Rams, 9-3, tied St Louis 6-6 and lost to the Saints 25-20.
In Seattle's defense the Rams are a divisional opponent that's always played them tough over the years so I wouldn't hold too much stock on that one! The Saints @ the Superdome is always a tough place to play and they aren't as bad as their record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe