PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Do We Plan for Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vindicate

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Obviously Dallas has been the center of football this year as they are comprised of the two most exciting rookies of the league, Dak Prescott and Zeke. What helps is how well they're performing. Zeke is... Well, he's Zeke. Teams seem to have a harder time stopping him in the pros than when he was at OSU. Prescott is playing very unlike a rookie - very calm, relatively mistake free and rolls out of the pocket quite well.

Dallas's receiving core isn't anything to scoff at either, though an aging and injured Bryant certainly makes it less threatening. Beasley is picking up whatever slack there was from Bryant's slight decline (He can still play tho!)

But none if that compares to how ridiculous their OLine is. Their pass protection is as good as anyone else's, but they really dominate it terms of creating lanes for an already ridiculous RB.

So I'm posing the question - if we make it to the SB and face Dallas, how do we win? Bill would plan to take away Zeke, but how does he do it? Also, how do we prevent Dak from having too much time in the pocket so by the time he rolls out, he finds an open receiver?

Obviously Dallas has been the center of football this year as they are comprised of the two most exciting rookies of the league, Dak Prescott and Zeke. What helps is how well they're performing. Zeke is... Well, he's Zeke. Teams seem to have a harder time stopping him in the pros than when he was at OSU. Prescott is playing very unlike a rookie - very calm, relatively mistake free and rolls out of the pocket quite well.

Dallas's receiving core isn't anything to scoff at either, though an aging and injured Bryant certainly makes it less threatening. Beasley is picking up whatever slack there was from Bryant's slight decline (He can still play tho!)

But none if that compares to how ridiculous their OLine is. Their pass protection is as good as anyone else's, but they really dominate it terms of creating lanes for an already ridiculous RB.

So I'm posing the question - if we make it to the SB and face Dallas, how do we win? Bill would plan to take away Zeke, but how does he do it? Also, how do we prevent Dak from having too much time in the pocket so by the time he rolls out, he finds an open receiver?
yeah, we plan for them if we make it to SB. lot of football left.

****!!!! The pats and cowgirls have made the Superbowl?!?!?!?!? Where has the time gone...o_O

Dallas is beatable the redskins could very easily have the lead in this game. They have shut down the running game for the most part. But Dak is good give the guy 3 or more seconds he will find an open receiver. I don't think Dallas will beat Seattle. Lotta football left.

I prefaced the question simply because it's Thanksgiving, I'm trapped inside and I was interested in some conversation. The echo in here is ridiculous though haha. I understand it's far out, blah blah blah, we're week to week. Just wondering

Well if we do play Dallas we just need to play contain and make sure the DEs stay home and respect the run. They pretty much run a modified option offense with a QB who likes to roll out that can pass or run. The key is to have your DEs keep their head up and follow the QB. Also we need Branch and Brown to really clog it up and Hightower to say home in the middle as he can't catch Dak anyway. Leave that to other people. They will be hard to beat if we play them. Luckily though I think we have the big bodied DTs to hold up vs their OL.

On offense just score points. We need 30 or more and their D isn't great.

Last edited:
I don't think Dallas makes it out of the NFC! They can but I just don't see them doing it

Still see Seattle getting by them.

Stop Elliot, keep Prescott in the pocket AND do not let him use his legs, and exploit their overachieving defense. Straightforward but in reality, it's never that simple.

Dallas's defense is worse than ours. More worried about Seattle, even giants

Give Brady as many drives possible can't see Dallas stopping TB12 and company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing