PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did you become a PATS fan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that they won three Superbowls and climbed up on to the bandwagon! :rofl:

Seriously though, If you're looking for the "reason" I became a Pats fan the best one I can give you is because I live in Nova Scotia and we get the Boston network channels here so I just saw them on all the time. I had only gotten in to football a year before when Joe Montana went to the Chiefs so I watched them for a bit of 93 then I watched the dolphins for a few games and then became a Pats fan in 94 and never looked back.

Same here in New Brunswick, Canada. But Boston is only a 8 hour drive and the closest for us here on the East coast.

For the longest time I thought I was the victim of a curse, but being a Patriots fan has been more like a right of passage. In the late 70s, early 80s when all the kids I went to school with were wearing Steelers, Cowboys and Raider jackets, I was one of the only ones that actually wore the hometown colors. I was born in Brockton MA, and I grew-up in the surrounding towns. Although I was constantly teased for being a Pats fan, I lived by the motto "This is the year!" and "Maybe next year". Well, those years came in 85 and 96...but the Pats fell just short of rewarding me for standing by them all those years. Well eventually the Pats became what they are today and I have to deal with all those "Born again Pats fans" that are cashing in on the decade's success. I see a hell of a lot more Pats fans now than back then, but I guess that happens everywhere.

Last edited:
I have lived in New Mexico my entire life. My dad died when i was 9 months old and his mom felt the need to keep contact with me. She lived in Methewen (sp?) Mass. and every bithday and christmas since I was one I got a box in the mail. Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots. Shirts\hats\pennants\clocks etc.....

I was the only kid in New Mexico who had that stuff. My love and pride of being a Boston sports fan has grown and grown now for over three decades.

A couple of reasons why I love the pats:

- I'm born in and live near Montreal so it's the closest NFL team to me.

- I love the New England area (Hampton Beach!!, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Mass) and it's inhabitants, very nice and cool people.

- My best years and best memories are between 2001-2005, I just cant forget a lot of stuff that happened.......

- I'll never forget watching that Oakland Raiders vs New Englnad Patriots playoff game in the snow in January 2001, I had bets on the pats on every playoff game agianst friends.

- Foxboro stadium is the only stadium I've been to.

- I'll never forget how New England dominated the Steelers in a playoff game in 2004, I think it was a snowy game again.

- I love Bellichick and his style and how the team reflects it, that no show off, stay humble, no emotions, no smacktalk crap, dominating, hard hitting mentality rules, all done with class on top of it. Love the fact that we keep getting players with no egos.

- Rodney Harrison, Ty Law and Corey Dillon are my all time favorite players.

Last edited:
Don't believe your girl friend. The state is overrun with them (how do you think
think Spend-It-All (aka Cadillac) Deval got voted in for Governor?). :eek:

The refugees all moved to New Hampshire to get away. But they brought their voting proclivities with them and New Hampshire is becoming anothter Taxachsuetts... The New Yorkers escaped to Vermont but they are doingthe same thing.

I think I have already gave my story once, but I will again for the sake of the thread :singing:

It was 1993, Bledsoe's rookie year. I never really watched NFL football or rooted for any team at all. I watched a lil' college ball, enough to know some players.

My Ex-Stepfather took our family to our first ever NFL game, in Cleveland. He was/is a HUGE Browns fan. I could not stand the guy, I loathed him. So there we are in freezing-ass Cleveland watching this game, to piss him off I went and bought a New England hat and wore it all game long.

To make a long story short the 3-11 Pats beat the Browns 20-17 at thier house. I laughed all the way home and have been a HUGE fan ever-since.

Hell, I still remember how MAD I was when some kid named Brady took over for Drew....hindsight is 20/20....:cool:

** Hah, I still have a Bledsoe Alt (red) Jersey in my closet, this post made me look for it.

GO PATS!

Born in '72 in Mass, I was a huge football fan and Pop Warner baller in the early 80's. I jumped on many mini NFL bandwagons during those times, (Raiders, Chargers, and Cowboys were some of them I hate to admit) but always rooted for the Pats whenever they played. I was more of a die-hard Sox and Celtics fan than anything else due to their more legendary histories, but I loved the sport of football most of all. The turning point for me was when the Pats squished the fish in the '85 AFC Championship game. While I played football throughout high school, I became the ravenous Pats fan that I am today when I was in college, Parcels started coaching, and they drafted Bledsoe. I don't think I've missed a game in 15 years.

i was 11 when they drafted bledsoe back in 1993 i been a die hard fan ever since

I became a Patriots Fan when I was very Young and Babe Parilli's Dad was my barber.He gave Me a full set of Team photos when I was 7-8 years old and I was hooked. I still have an "Action Shot" of Tommy Addison. I'll scan the photo and We can add it to the archives !

Last edited:
YEAR 1971
Im 12 years old living in sf bay area .Not much into niners but sick of raiders
and im looking for a favorite team to follow.The biggest thing in sports this year in the bay area is STANFORD football !(JIM PLUNKETT)going to rose bowl
game.I guess you figured the rest out.Ive been a huge fan ever since!
my first game I ever went to was the daryl stingley game in oakland,boy what a first game to go to.I never saw the hit because grogan over threw him and I was watching the ball.I had hated the raiders alot but now it reached new levels.I wish the pats and raiders played every year I think
this is the best rivalry in football !!! they just dont see each other enough.
Ive been to around a dozen pats game in my life
in oak,sf,la.phx,den,sd.Im hoping to add new orleans this year.I have never been to a home game in foxboro but might try to make the bengals aug 20th
game this year.well it has been a strange ride the last 38 years all the highs and I cant forget the lows and they have been very low !!
Its a sweet ride right now and I hope it keeps going and going for a long time
GO PATS !!!

Through birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST