PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did you become a PATS fan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice thread

i became a Patriot fan beginning '80; when i saw the helmets, uniforms and the name...the passion started...

at that times pratically i never saw a game playied either on tv

the 1985 Super Bowl run was amazing (i bought at that times the newspapers...) and i enjoied it

the coverage started to become good here approx middle '90 and the games were showed here too (not of course all games)

then two years ago finally i went to Foxboro and saw the Pats play at Gillette Stadium two games...happy like a kid...

and i hope to return back soon...

Go Pats !

As a native of Western Massachusetts, I'm always amazed how many Bostonians think anyplace outside of Rt. 128 isn't actually part of the Commonwealth.
I'm from Maine(formerly part of Mass. back in time:p ) and I want to know where all the Mass Holes come from. An old girlfriend from Chicopee tells that they only reside in Boston and on the Cape.:D

I've been a Pats fan since the late 70s as a kid, but it become a problem since the '85 season and I've been hooked ever since.

My family had a birthday party / superbowl party for me the eve of the superbowl against the bears.. That day I cried like a lil ***** because they lost.. :singing: .. That's as far as my memory goes for being a Pats fan..

I'm from Halifax ,NS.Back in the dark ages,either pre-cable or just after,we would get broadcasts of NFL games in late November and December.(prior to that they wouldnt show NFL games,because the CFL was playing until their season would end,around mid-November).My dad would watch them,we usually got the Boston area feed,which showed the Pats.My dad liked them,Mack Herron was playing and he used to say to me "watch this little guy,he's good!".I started watching,got hooked,then that stupid broadcast rule was waived or we finally had cable(it was early seventies,I believe) and we started to get the NFL on a regular basis.Was a big fan of Grogan,Tatupu,Morgan and tht group,have been a staunch Pats fan since the.

I'm from Maine(formerly part of Mass. back in time:p ) and I want to know where all the Mass Holes come from.

Don't believe your girl friend. The state is overrun with them (how do you think
think Spend-It-All (aka Cadillac) Deval got voted in for Governor?). :eek:

Coming from a country where football actually means soccer, I didn't have a clue about the rules.

Been in the US since 1999. I had watched superbowl (Rams Vs Titans). That was the first game that I ever watched. Thanks to Madden and his explanation of the rules during the broadcast, I started to understand the game a little bit. I was rooting for the Titans in that game.

Although I was following football, I wasn't really into it. I still had a lot of questions about the rules and tactics. For a person who did not go to school in the US or grow up watching or playing football. The game might look boring (too many stoppages). But once you get a hand of it, it becomes a lot more fun.

The next complete game that I watched was the superbowl 2001. That game made me a Tom Brady fan. Although I had no clue of what 3-4 or 4-3 defense meant or what nickel & dime meant, I could follow the game. When something happened that didn't make any sense to me, Madden was there to explain it. It was great. That final drive was something. I was sold on that final drive and I've been a Tom Brady since.

In a way, I'm a bandwagon fan (7 years and counting :)). Luckily for me, I could choose which team to follow.

These days, football season is killing me (or rather killing my boss). It wrecking havoc on my productivity. I couldn't care less.

Go Pats..

It was back in the 1984/85 season when the NFL was new to british TV. I had been watching the game for a few weeks with no particular team grabbing my attention, that is until Seattle played at New England. The Seahawks took a 23-0 lead in the 2nd quarter, but the Patriots then reeled off 38 unanswered points to win 38-23, which I believe could be the biggest comeback in team history.

Does anybody here remember that game?

It was that gutsy performance that got me hooked. so imagine my joy when they reached the superbowl the following season. Been with them through the ups and down ever since.

during the phyiscal act of making love, its also how I discovered the evil and subversive communist plot to floridate our bodily fluids. I do lots of my thinking while making love.

Never had a choice. Born and raised in Foxboro about 3 miles from the Stadium. Can remember late 70's early 80's when my brother and I used to get tickets given to us. They were usually in the 300's, and by 1/2 way through the 1st quarter we would be sitting 10 rows behind the Pats Bench because there was no one there.

But you weren't born in Boston. Who cares that you lived next to the stadium where the Patriots play.

As one Boston native recently put it to me, "well there's Worcester, then it's just some kind of green blur until you hit Lenox, right?"

(By the way, if anybody wonders whatever happened to the Cambridge that used to be filled with used book stores, little ethnic restaurants and cafes instead of Abercrombie & Fitch, it's still around...it just moved to Northampton.)

I still like Central Square.

I grew up in Acton. Went to Acton Boxboro in the 70's.

Rooted for Grogan, cause he was kinda nerdy, but he was ours. He was one of the toughest dudes ever to play in my opinion. He was hit the hardest I have ever seen a qb get hit.

Loved Mackherrin (sp) cause he was so short and electric.

I got this big Red Sears Plastic Poncho that had a big Patriots logo on it when I was like 9. (now things are all blue, but back then, everything was red.) I have red hair so when I would wear pats stuff, I looked like frick'n rudolf. The pats were not that great. I went to see them once when I was little and it was just the best thing in the world.

In 1960 the AFL was formed and Boston got a team. I started following it since I despised the NY Giants which were over-hyped.

As a native of Western Massachusetts, I'm always amazed how many Bostonians think anyplace outside of Rt. 128 isn't actually part of the Commonwealth.

You think you have it bad- I'm from Maine. Half the people in Boston don't even realize that, as New Englanders, we like the same pro teams...

In 1960 the AFL was formed and Boston got a team. I started following it since I despised the NY Giants which were over-hyped.
I was also there waiting for the Patriots to get hatched, and I hated the Giants too. I liked the Cleveland Browns who were the first team to be televised into New England as perennial NFL champs in the 40s and 50s. I quickly switched over to the Patriots (no front runner here. :) ).

I was born in 1982, so was first really completely learning and understanding the game of football about the time Bledsoe was drafted. I'm from WA state, a Cougar now, and lived about 45 min from his hometown of Walla Walla. So, of course, Drew was a hot topic. I started following him a bit and then just fell in love with the Pats. Bill Parcells also played a huge part. Also, I always liked (and still do to this day) Lawyer Milloy, even though he was a Husky (rival). Still remember my greatest football moment when the Pats beat the Rams in SB36, as ALL of my friends and pretty much everyone around me and the nation as well, was 100% confident that the "Greatest Show on Turf" was gonna win easily (14 favorites in that game). Boy, did it feel AMAZING afterwards.

How did I become a Pats fan?

Birth! :D

My dad would take my whole family to see games.

He'd also take me to Bryant College (see avatar).

We always would stop at that Bickfords for a late breakfast on gameday.

Oh, and he worked at that little N. Attleboro Stop & Shop, near Rico's Subs. So, he used to get to meet players and family members who would come in. Got a nice autographed 8X10 of Sam Bam Cunningham that way.

I grew up in Jersey as a Giants fan and then moved to CT in high school. I was more interested in girls than football at that time (I'm married now so I've got my priorities straight now) and caught Giants games when I could as my Dad was a fan and it was cool to watch the games with him.

Then I went to college in New Hampshire when the whole Pats vs. Ditka/Fridge and Co. thing was in full swing. Everyone and their mothers were picking da Bears. My roommate, a huge Pats fan needed someone to have his back so that's when it started. We all knew how that one ended but I decided to stick with them and here we are, 22 years later.

My son is being raised as a Pats fan. Eight years old and he was letting the "dang it's" fly at the refs last Sunday. That's my boy!

You think you have it bad- I'm from Maine. Half the people in Boston don't even realize that, as New Englanders, we like the same pro teams...

You're lucky, Brady. It could be worse and you could be stuck in CT. We're right on the front lines of enemy territory and most New Englanders write us off as an extension of NY. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST