PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can the Falcons suck this bad?

I see a lot of flaws in their team in terms of coaching/personnel. So them struggling is no surprise.

But I agree that there’s no excuse for them to be THIS bad with the amount of talent they have.

Vic Beasley hasn't performed like he did his rookie year. Alford had the postseason of his life after the '16 season, but settled into just "very good" thereafter before going to Arizona. Neal is a big loss. Not sure Jones is 100% recovered from last year.

Basically a step down all around on D, plus the obvious loss of Shanahan's brilliance on O.

Regards,
Chris

"They have so much talent" = "They have three guys on my Fantasy Team but everyone else sucks"

Yea I think they caught lightning in a bottle that year. Shanahan was able to hide Ryan’s flaws and accentuate the pieces they had on offense. On top of Julio and Ryan they had a great supporting cast with Sanu, speedy Tyler Gabriel, a stud RB in Freeman, and a great third down back in Coleman. A few years later Sanu and Freeman are getting up there, Gabriel and Coleman are gone, and Ryan is back to being pre-Shanahan Ryan.
That's not really true.

Matt Ryan MVP winning season:

4,944 yards
38 TD/7 Int
Completion 69.9%
Rating 117

Matt Ryan last year:

4,924 yards
35 TD/7 Int
Completion 69.4%
Rating 108

The problem with the Falcons is that they have a terrible coach, terrible coordinators, and awful defense.

Yesterday the Falcons scored 32 points, Ryan had 330 yards with 3 TD/1 Int

The Pats scored 33 points, TB12 had 345 yards with 3 TD/1 Int

We won 33-7, the Falcons lost 53-32

Problems include paying 1 QB and 1 WR a combined $52 mill per year

18-19 since SB 51....

Quinn calling the defensive plays allowed almost 600 yards of total offense at a 8 yard per play clip yesterday.....

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back