PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoping for 3 things Sunday: a win, no injuries... and some N’Keal Harry action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry spoke. Given this teams usual approach to things, that bodes well for him playing this week.

Now, let's hope that he shocks the world with a level of brilliance never before seen in a Patriots rookie WR.

I remember that back-handed TD catch Aaron Dobson had in college so none of these highlight plays impress me. I just wanna see consistency and Brady not shy away from him the moment he misses a pass to him

Harry spoke. Given this teams usual approach to things, that bodes well for him playing this week.

Now, let's hope that he shocks the world with a level of brilliance never before seen in a Patriots rookie WR.
Wouldn't it be nice if he came out all Randy Moss-ish (he absolutely killed the Jets in his first Pats game after missing almost all of training camp)?! Maybe Brady has been downplaying his ability to contribute so that the Iggles don't game plan for him. We can dream!

Brady has ZERO patience with young WRs.

Really? I'd wager that Edelman and Mitchell would have a different take on that. for that matter, you also seem to have forgotten how patient Brady was with the 2013 rookie duo.

Last edited:
If Harry ends up another Dobson, I’m going to demand our WR scout be fired.

Brady's angry-old-man shtick is starting to grow old on me real quick

Brady's angry-old-man shtick
Is starting to grow old on me real quick
We've got a promising first-round pick
Whose skills should make Philly downright sick

Wouldn't it be nice if he came out all Randy Moss-ish (he absolutely killed the Jets in his first Pats game after missing almost all of training camp)?! Maybe Brady has been downplaying his ability to contribute so that the Iggles don't game plan for him. We can dream!
I think he could back shoulder them to death but he’s not going to run by anybody.

somebody put up the GameDAY thread before my head explodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady's angry-old-man shtick
Is starting to grow old on me real quick
We've got a promising first-round pick
Whose skills should make Philly downright sick
Not half bad for a music lover.

Why? He's been dead on with his comments.
Who cares about whether it's accurate or not. Be a good teammate and lie or just don't say anything, like you have for two decades. He's getting older and blunter and doesn't seem to be as flowery with his talk as he used to be. Which isn't a problem if he had been that way for 20 years but I guess seeing that old man grumpiness taking over first hand is too much too soon!

And btw it goes beyond that post I quoted. Something about him this year has really seem kinda out of character imo. He just...annoys me I guess

IF he doesn't understand the Offense he won't be in any RZ packages you can't have one without the other they both go hand and hand.

I was a little sloppy in my comment. I think there is a difference between a "full" understanding of this offense and an understanding of limited portions thereof. I doubt Sanu had a "full" understanding of the offense in his first Pats game a few weeks ago with only a few days of practice with the team. But, as a vet, he was able to get on the field and positively contribute. I assume McDaniels adjusted Sanu's responsibilities given the limited amount of time in the system, but I could be wrong. I am hopeful that Harry can understand limited portions of the Offense so that they can find effective ways to use him.

I agree if he has Ocho's understanding of the offense (at least how Ocho's undertanding was reported) then there is a big problem. I hope the coaches can help bring Harry's understanding level somewhere between Ocho and Edelman. I don't think Harry can get to and Edelman's understanding level this season, but I hope the team can still find ways to utilize his physical abilities in the red zone where space is tighter. In the past this coaching staff has been able to do that, but obviously the player is a part of that learning.

Who cares about whether it's accurate or not. Be a good teammate and lie or just don't say anything, like you have for two decades. He's getting older and blunter and doesn't seem to be as flowery with his talk as he used to be. Which isn't a problem if he had been that way for 20 years but I guess seeing that old man grumpiness taking over first hand is too much too soon!

And btw it goes beyond that post I quoted. Something about him this year has really seem kinda out of character imo. He just...annoys me I guess

He was being a good teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes