PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Home field is a must to have any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet despite all the drama and overreaction here we will end up 14-2 or 13-3 and have HFA.

And yet despite all the drama and overreaction here we will end up 14-2 or 13-3 and have HFA.

I think that there's a decent chance of losing another 1-2 games, but yes--I certainly agree with you that they'll be in a good situation to lock down HFA.

I feel like maybe immediately after a loss is not a great time for "any chance" threads.

They lost at home today!!!!!!

I think they're actually 6-5 in their past 11 at home vs. NFC opponents, while they are like 40-2 vs. the AFC.

And then run into someone in the playoffs who can shut down the passing attack, forcing the Patriots to win the game in a different fashion, in which they've failed to more often than not since 2007.

I really don't want to be the Manning Colts.

I think they're actually 6-5 in their past 11 at home vs. NFC opponents, while they are like 40-2 vs. the AFC.

They always play like crap vs NFC teams at home..not sure why

And then run into someone in the playoffs who can shut down the passing attack, forcing the Patriots to win the game in a different fashion, in which they've failed to more often than not since 2007.

Let's see if the offense changes at all with a healthy Lewis. I also believe that Hogan's downfield capability will help open things up a bit, as it had been prior to tonight.

I still think there are obvious flaws, but I don't think they're anywhere near as bad as they looked tonight.

I feel like maybe immediately after a loss is not a great time for "any chance" threads.
It's almost as if many supporters here have never supported a team below .500. It sucks but to watch the team build something and become a juggernaut is the pleasure of it all.

Last edited:

Health is the biggest obstacle not a specific opponent.

No way is this defense winning a potential AFCCG on the road in a Denver, Oakland or Kansas City.

Better put this game behind them quickly and finish strong to get home field advantage if the Pats plan on having a deep playoff run.

@Denver, @NYJ, @Miami and vs Baltimore are all potentially tricky games now if the defense keeps playing like this.

You can just see us making Tannehill, Siemian and Petty look like pro bowlers and good old Fluke-o tossing up prayers for PI and 40 yard plays.
Playoff success this season is moot on ANY field home or away unless this defense improves significantly.

Playoff success this season is moot on ANY field home or away unless this defense improves significantly.

You are aware that this team was 1 yard away from going into overtime with the seahawks right?

Some of the tone here feels like after a 8-45 loss.

Last edited:
You are aware that this team was 1 yard away from going into overtime with the seahawks right?

Some of the tone hear feels like after a 8-45 loss.
What does any of this have to do with the point of my post? The defense was abysmal and must improve if this team hopes to go far in the playoffs. That was a mediocre Seahawks offense our Patriots made look like world beaters.

Not ready to see them play Dallas or Seattle again in February. It is what it is, every super bowl we won we had a top unit on defense, not gonna happen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes