PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Home field is a must to have any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottishPatriots

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No way is this defense winning a potential AFCCG on the road in a Denver, Oakland or Kansas City.

Better put this game behind them quickly and finish strong to get home field advantage if the Pats plan on having a deep playoff run.

@Denver, @NYJ, @Miami and vs Baltimore are all potentially tricky games now if the defense keeps playing like this.

You can just see us making Tannehill, Siemian and Petty look like pro bowlers and good old Fluke-o tossing up prayers for PI and 40 yard plays.

They are 4-0 on the road, 3-2 at home.

only scared of denver, we'd lose like always.

hoping they drop some games before we play them.

They have to beat these physical teams!!! They seemed to struggle against them. Got denver and baltimore on the schedule. Jests always plays us tough.

They are 4-0 on the road, 3-2 at home.

Numbers lie, this team has a much better chance of beating good teams at home, history tells you that.

****ty loss tonight, on the bright side...

1) It was against an NFC team
2) Luckily our 3 competitors for the #1 seed (Denver, Kansas City, Oakland) are all in the same division so technically we still only have one team as competition for the #1 spot. Plus, they still get to beat up on eachother...

Denver/KC play have 2 games against eachother
There's an Oakland @ Denver game to be played
There's a Oakland @ Chiefs game to be played

If we won tonight, I have a feeling we could be set up to be able to drop the Denver game without losing the #1 seed, now that game has a chance to determine things....

we are not playing seahawks every week

I agree that home field is a necessity. If they have to go to Denver for a playoff game...god help us...

No, I was told that Denver is overrated and flukey and the only reason the Pats have lost the last THREE times was because our injury prone players were injured.

15-3 home playoff record
3-4 road playoff record

The Pats are an average road team.

We've basically locked up a bye.

Denver isn't even leading their division.

Only one of the Chiefs, Broncos or Raiders can get a bye.

And even if one of those three teams get the #1 seed, who's to say they can even win their Divisional Round game?

I'm not worried.....yet.

This team need's to beat these physical teams. Winning in denver will go a long way.

Bump this thread in January

Baltimore comes in to Foxboro and ends the Brady era with a W on the road

Need to see this team take care of business the next few weeks against weak teams.

We haven't even locked up the division although obviously our equity is pretty high. Miami is playing well and has a favorable schedule.

Bump this thread in January

Baltimore comes in to Foxboro and ends the Brady era with a W on the road

I think it's more likely that this is the worst post in the Brady era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back