PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan to get the LaFell treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s time to move on from Hogan, but I hope Patterson sticks around. Their run game is all set but their receiving corps needs serious work, and they will need to draft a star high in this draft if Gronk hangs them up.

He had a mediocre year and in the playoffs he has been meh, I don’t see him returning this upcoming season.
Patterson has integrated really well this season but I don’t think he will be a full time receiver for the deep ball.
We could use size and quickness on the outside.
My guess is a one year prove it deal for very little money.
I dont see a team paying him well.

Yes but the call was still totally unnecessary when you’re gashing the other team other ways. Like the INT on the goal line in KC. Bad throw, the completely wrong call. Imo

I don't understand what makes you say that. We will go through it all on X/O Twitter and in the rewatch thread I assume but it is entirely possible that Brady and McDaniels saw the Rams player inching closer to the box and changing it up and throwing was an attempt to keep the balance and them more honest.

I think that you gotta take a more big picture look on playcalling where sometimes the calls are not so much about the current snap but about what you plan to do in the next few snaps.

I also don't think the playaction pass against KC was a particularly bad playcall at all. We had been running the ball, they brought their big guys in at the goal line and Brady just didn't sell the handoff good enough for the LB to fully bite on it and got burned. Otherwise it is at worst an incompletion and at best a TD.

Brady deserves way more blame on that INT than hogan

horrible throw, horrible placement, weak velocity, wobbly

The ball was tipped at the line.

Loved Hogan. Sadly he's past his shelf live. Inconsistent to no separation.
Give him sincere thanks for the performance vs KC and move on.
If I have a big body WR who can't get separation I'd rather it be someone who can jump/fight for the ball and is a danger after the catch.

Dolphin in 19
Considering the Dolphins are looking to tank, picking up guys like Hogan who are done makes sense. Here's hoping they can trade us Amendola for a 5th or 6th rounder after a contract restructure. I'd like to have him back here.

OK Andy........are you his brother? :D

Chris Hogan: 803 snaps, 35 catches on 55 targets
Phillip Dorsett: 399 snaps, 32 catches on 42 targets

I know I'm beating the tar out of this dead horse, but I'd really love an explanation of why Hogan got more than twice the snaps of Dorsett.

In a normal year, I wouldn't be expecting Hogan back. In a year where Gronk may retire, and the team needs to go find another OWR to be the OWR1 or OWR2, and where the player who was more productive on a per play basis was clearly being kept out of things, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hogan return and Dorsett end up as the only WR let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes