PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hit Piece

They were infuriated that he kept making fools out of them. Especially Borges. I mean, his commentary on the 2001 draft will follow him to his grave:

View attachment 34983

And then he followed up by predicting the Rams would beat the Pats 72-0 in the SB.
LOL.

IIRC there was one presser, Forgeus was getting really hostile and BB said (paraphrasing), "Look, if you want to be belligerent about it that's your issue".

I was floored.

They were infuriated that he kept making fools out of them. Especially Borges. I mean, his commentary on the 2001 draft will follow him to his grave:

View attachment 34983

And then he followed up by predicting the Rams would beat the Pats 72-0 in the SB.
I feel it's well established what a dope Borges is. They only drag him out to hate on Belichick.

View attachment 34983

The thing that irks me the most about the media is that a completely moronic comment, like the above, has no consequences for the moron.

To the OP, why do you care what Felger has to say? Why does anyone at this point? We all know he trolls for ratings (and he gets them, so good for him, I guess). He's easy enough to ignore so just ignore him. Listen to music or podcasts during your workday or commute. Your mental health will thank you.

To the OP, why do you care what Felger has to say? Why does anyone at this point? We all know he trolls for ratings (and he gets them, so good for him, I guess). He's easy enough to ignore so just ignore him. Listen to music or podcasts during your workday or commute. Your mental health will thank you.
Now only that but threads like these reward - and thus, encourage - more of the same behavior.

In this industry, it is far, far better to have people talking about what a moron/***hole/troll/idiot you are than not talk about you at all. Hence the abundance of moronic/assholeish/trollish/idiotic commentary.

The thing that irks me the most about the media is that a completely moronic comment, like the above, has no consequences for the moron.
Like the consequences that everyone thinks he's a douche bag?

I agree in that journalists often have no consequences about reporting something too quickly that turns out to be false (and sometimes damaging to the person being reported on). But in the case of these quotes, it wasn't irresponsible reporting worthy of discipline. It was an opinion. A hilariously wrong one in hindsight, but if we're going to start banishing everyone who gets draft picks and Super Bowl predictions wrong, none of us should be posting here either.

That said, in general, Borges is a grade A dink.

Yeah there's no reason to be mad about something a guy who doesn't even believe what he's saying is spewing. There's zero reason to listen to sports talk radio in the age of podcast.

Felger is very bright, knows sports and has some good takes. But he is, first and foremost, a pot-stirrer. It's a matter of tuning out the B.S., which he's pretty adept at weaving into substantive into to get a rise out of people.
It's easier to be a hot take guy than host an intelligent show. No doubt Felger isn't dumb, Mazz on the other hand...I'm not so sure.

View attachment 34983

And Borges tried to make the case for Seymour to the HOF a few years back.... some credit to that guy for doing that though.....

I agree in that journalists often have no consequences about reporting something too quickly that turns out to be false (and sometimes damaging to the person being reported on). But in the case of these quotes, it wasn't irresponsible reporting worthy of discipline. It was an opinion. A hilariously wrong one in hindsight, but if we're going to start banishing everyone who gets draft picks and Super Bowl predictions wrong, none of us should be posting here either.

That said, in general, Borges is a grade A dink.
That's perfectly correct. The wonderful thing about the first Borges quote though is that he got every single element totally 100 percent wrong and then, by the end of the year he was so incredibly butt hurt by the whole thing that he made the 72-0 prediction.

The story of Borges clownery in two parts

Before the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas
Borges: Free agents to avoid, and focus on - NFL - MSNBC.com (archive.org)
Best values
1. Adalius Thomas, LB: He wants a $18 million signing bonus and will probably get it, likely from the 49ers. Wherever he goes, the 270-pound Thomas appears headed toward making an impact.

After the Patriots signed him
More of the same? - The Boston Globe

Now it is (Adalius) Thomas whom the Ravens allowed to leave without a fight. That was not the case with Lewis or Reed, whom they paid handsomely to stay. General manager Ozzie Newsome has yet to make a mistake in that regard, and last week he made it clear he didn't believe he was making one with Thomas, either.
Past history does not guarantee future success or failure, but the question that suitors of this year's Raven in flight had to consider was whether Thomas would prove to be the exception to the rule or just another former Raven about whom his new employer ends up saying a year or two later, "Nevermore"?

LOL.

I have a friend who's pretty far up the sports media ladder, and many years ago he complained to me about BB. He said that whenever Bill refers to the media he just points to the media room and says, "those a**holes."

He's despised the media before he ever arrived in Foxborough... During the "Cleveland '95" special, he was shown during a staff meeting, early in his tenure there, referring to them as "the ****ing press"...

Bill might not be duplicitous pond scum, but he is an azzhole... A successful (with Brady) azzhole, but an azzhole nonetheless... Just look at his circle of friends & his ass-istants who became/are becoming failures as head coaches...

BB made Brady.....if it weren't for BB, Brady would be even less memorable than Giovanni Carmazzi

On the 10 PM sports show, Felger
That was the mistake, right there. Sorry I'm compounding it by responding to this thread but you sucked me in...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back