PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

High and Branch start TC on PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the depth this team has at most of the positions, I don't even think it would be that big of a deal if either player missed the first 6 games of the year on real PUP, let alone during the end of July.

Branch just doesn't get enough credit.
Bill gives it to him - freakin loves the guy.

When asked about Malcolm Brown in a press conference (early-mid last season?), Bill said something to the effect that "...we are looking for him to be more like Branch." He then proceeded to speak glowingly about Branch for the next 5 minutes.

The Pats know Hightower and his knees and other issues better than any other team in the league and were happy giving him a reasonably big contract. I am not worried at all.

Similarly, correct me if I am wrong but for Branch starting on PUP until he passes the conditioning test has been the modus operandi in the past 2 years.

Similarly, correct me if I am wrong but for Branch starting on PUP until he passes the conditioning test has been the modus operandi in the past 2 years.
You are correct, sir.

Bill gives it to him - freakin loves the guy.

When asked about Malcolm Brown in a press conference (early-mid last season?), Bill said something to the effect that "...we are looking for him to be more like Branch." He then proceeded to speak glowingly about Branch for the next 5 minutes.

Patriots DT Branch suspended

:rolleyes:

just a reminder of all minicamp practice absentees from Reiss

good to see Ealy and Guy ready to go

Players who didn’t fully participate included linebacker Hightower, receiver Malcolm Mitchell and safety Duron Harmon, which makes them possible candidates for the physically-unable-to-perform list at the start of training camp if their status doesn’t change. Also, defensive end Kony Ealy, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, defensive tackle Lawrence Guy and offensive tackle Andrew Jelks missed practice time, so their situations bear monitoring as camp approaches.

BB the GM blew it. Training camp championship lost on guys who can't get on the field.

This is a much better thread than: "Who was the 4th rated MVP on this team in the second half of the 2016 season??":):)

Would prefer a fully recovered Branch and Hightower in September than in the end of July..

It's a total fascination to me, who can and can't accommodate themselves to BB -- and whom BB can and can't accommodate himself to. Branch came across in interviews as a really sympathetic guy, but, clearly, he's not a goody-goody. Still, he (like LGB) has been a great player for the team.

One of the great things about BB, though, is that, whatever the issue, he doesn't deal with it in public. I bet it's only a few fans (and Branch himself and his team-mates) who remember the suspension. But we all remember BB's public praise.

Which is the way it should be.

If the goofiness of the Luck to PUP thread is any indication, this means both players are massive disappointments and neither will play Week 1, maybe even not play this season, perhaps not ever again.

I need to know what K. Dog thinks of this? Could Blount and Long resigning stopped this??? :D
I can't necessarily speak for him, but I'm thinking he's concerned.:D

I can't see the tweets and haven't gone through the whole thread. Does anyone know what High's medical issue is?

I can't see the tweets and haven't gone through the whole thread. Does anyone know what High's medical issue is?

Shoulder and/or knee.

Since both High and Branch are players that the Pats extended this offseason and didn't have any injury/surgery as far as we know I wouldn't be too worried. Give them a veteran break into camp which minimizes the toll on their bodies and gives other players more snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes