PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey you, Chicken Littles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I maintain than Mankins was supremely overrated. Trading him away was a good move. Now let's find a couple of studs next year and we will have a nice rotation that can form the next band of brothers.

I maintain than Mankins was supremely overrated. Trading him away was a good move. Now let's find a couple of studs next year and we will have a nice rotation that can form the next band of brothers.

Belichick has a pattern of dumping players before they fall off a cliff and are not worth their deals (fans tend to hate that, but he has been right more often than not in those calls). Mankins was great with the Pats, but he may not be worth his deal now or in the immediate future. I don't buy that he would not be better than much of the offensive line this year, but I do believe he may not be worth the price due on his contract.

I didn't love the trade, but felt it may be the right move. I liked the addition of Wright, who has potential and will likely see a larger role. To some degree, I believe his role was reduced as LaFell became more of a part of the offense.

Is Tim Wright a project or....why was he a non factor the whole playoffs? Fans boys think it was an amazing trade and littles think it was awful. I think it was an ok trade. Very risky IMO. Tim Wright might be ok in the future but this year he didn't show a whole lot

Are you under the impression that that was the ONLY component of that trade?

You actually believe that that trade was simply Mankins for Wright?

If you do, then you have done no more homework on this than most of the media has done on Deflategate before rendering their judgements.

If you do, then you have done no more homework on this than most of the media has done on Deflategate before rendering their judgements.

You are asking someone who is paying tribute to a serial killer in his screen name if he knows the components of this trade. My gut tells me someone like this does not.

Hey! Don't diss the trade. It was very good for Tampa Bay to get the highest paid guard in the NFL.

It helped turn around a 4-12 team last year into a 2-14 team this year.

It's called "Going All-In".

The one thing I won't miss from the anti-Belichick the GM crowd always use is the stupid argument that the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since the 2004 season as a reason why Belichick is a failure as a GM. It is a stupid argument when the haters use it for the Pats not winning a Super Bowl since Spygate and it is even more stupid argument when a "fan" uses it to blast Belichick. Belichick's drafting and free agent moves didn't make David Tyree catch an impossible catch.

Any word from iapatsfan?

RYzxeCL.png

You are asking someone who is paying tribute to a serial killer in his screen name if he knows the components of this trade. My gut tells me someone like this does not.

Most people are just happy about the big win but some are just programmed to pissy and sarcastic

Most people are just happy about the big win but some are just programmed to pissy and sarcastic

Who here isnt happy about the big win other than the imbeciles who have conveniently not shown their cowardly selves since the big win.

Still not sure what any of that has to do with you paying tribute to a murdering scumbag.

I just want to say that I believe that I was the most confident one over the course of the entire game thread......I had them pegged for the win the entire time.......I never bought into the garbage throw offense of the seahawks and the pats moved the ball pretty much at will from the 2nd drive of the game

the only flaw in the game plan if you want to call it one was the height mismatch with matthews.......you have to admit though, if throwing it up to chris matthews was what their game plan was, they knew they were in trouble from the outset

Last edited:
A deep threat is no longer a desire as it seems Brady just cant zing it like he used to neither does he have to. Dink and Dunk till you get enough.
#4 feels good

I'd love to see a second "Gronk" to pair with the original. Make them all HURT! Mwuahahaha! :D

you are out of your mind if you think trading mankins was a mistake.

I was just upset to see him go. I should have put a smiley next to that last sentence.

The 4th and 2 play at Indy doesn't get a smiley though.

Is Tim Wright a project or....why was he a non factor the whole playoffs? Fans boys think it was an amazing trade and littles think it was awful. I think it was an ok trade. Very risky IMO. Tim Wright might be ok in the future but this year he didn't show a whole lot

Evidently Amendola was better than Wright, which is not much of a knock on Wright.

Who here isnt happy about the big win other than the imbeciles who have conveniently not shown their cowardly selves since the big win.

Still not sure what any of that has to do with you paying tribute to a murdering scumbag.

Relax guy. I had the name well before I knew of the murders and just havenchanged it. Sorry you are butt hurt about it.

Relax guy. I had the name well before I knew of the murders and just havenchanged it. Sorry you are butt hurt about it.

Not butt hurt at all. Little weird you would bring up butt and hurt referencing your buddy who is in prison right now. Yeah, I see what this is all about. Birds of a feather I guess.

You could have changed this any time from a year and a half ago until now. You have not. Considering you cant piece together the benefits of the Mankins trade nor can see that we had a better O line without him anyway and won the faking superbowl, its not shocking you cant figure out how to change your screen name.

Game thread was brutal as always

Oh God, yes.

I entered the thread by posting that I never go to the Game Day thread and that I was going to leave if things got negative.

Sometime late in the first half or early in the second, I his "Reply" to a really pathetic, "The sky is falling" post in which I simply stated: "I'm outa here," and then logged off. I got a few likes for that one.

Belichick has a pattern of dumping players before they fall off a cliff and are not worth their deals (fans tend to hate that, but he has been right more often than not in those calls). Mankins was great with the Pats, but he may not be worth his deal now or in the immediate future. I don't buy that he would not be better than much of the offensive line this year, but I do believe he may not be worth the price due on his contract.

I didn't love the trade, but felt it may be the right move. I liked the addition of Wright, who has potential and will likely see a larger role. To some degree, I believe his role was reduced as LaFell became more of a part of the offense.

I don't know if we can say if those moves are right or not. It's impossible to judge. Even in the case of Mankins it could have just been about money and the OL might have been worse, the same or better with him. We also don't know if we would have won if we kept Seymour or Samuel or any of the others.

I just really liked Mankins and would have enjoyed seeing him get a ring.

"Butt hurt" is a pretty good sounding expression even though I don't really understand it. Does it mean, "I'm so upset that my butt actually hurts?"

I don't know if we can say if those moves are right or not. It's impossible to judge. Even in the case of Mankins it could have just been about money and the OL might have been worse, the same or better with him.

The OL might have been worse.
A meteor might have hit the stadium

They won the SB. And, it was not despite TB running for his life. The protection was solid and if anything our O line was the problem in the last few years. And Mankins was only getting older and probably worse.

The line with better without Mankins and they won.

Not butt hurt at all. Little weird you would bring up butt and hurt referencing your buddy who is in prison right now. Yeah, I see what this is all about. Birds of a feather I guess.

You could have changed this any time from a year and a half ago until now. You have not. Considering you cant piece together the benefits of the Mankins trade nor can see that we had a better O line without him anyway and won the faking superbowl, its not shocking you cant figure out how to change your screen name.

OK keyboard warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick