PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, NFL: Just cut to the chase and ban the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe flowers will line up offsides and get a warning.
I'm not sure which gripe was more hilariously stupid:
1) OT rules
2) warning a player 18 games into the season who's a 5 year vet that he's lined up offsides with 1 minute to play and the clock running.

I mean, OT rules - what's the alternative? The old rule with just FG was indeed stupid, but stats show the new rule requiring a TD is pretty fair. 53% of OT winners won the coin toss. I don't need to rehash all the other points, but it's just so ironic that the Saints lose in OT after winning the toss yet the focus is on NE who wins the toss and wins the game. Hilarious.

Dee Ford: seriously, was the ref supposed to halt the play, run over to him, and tell him to come onside? I just don't understand.

Patriot derangement syndrome is running even more rampant than our wildest dreams and i for one am so entertained.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which gripe was more hilariously stupid:
1) OT rules
2) warning a player 18 games into the season whose a 5 year vet that he's lined up offsides with 1 minute to play and the clock running.

Biggest gripe is the usage of whose :p

Nothing but envious butthurt from JJ. He plunks down ten trillion for his stupid stadium and his goofy Jumbotron, then watches on impotently as his rotten team lays another post-season egg. Well, boo hoo hoo.
And his ace quarterback is in the booth calling the Pats AFCCG game.

Justin Houstons hand was also on the neutral zone line.

Brady and Pats hater Shannon Sharpe said that Ford was so far forward that he had to look back for the ball over his shoulder. A clear indication that Ford was too far forward because you line up based on looking at ball location.

Andy Reid is a moron who should have called timeout instead of looking at his play sheet.

The loss is on Reid because he will not delegate responsibility and mange the whole game.

Shoulda called time out on the 2 yard line and got it right. Given his D a chance.

And his ace quarterback is in the booth calling the Pats AFCCG game.

And doing a bang up job at it, too.

Jerrah: Looking for his 'Tomorrow' since 1996 (a little blast from the past from 2004).

Stephen-Colbert-Frozen-Jaw-Drop-Gif-On-The-Colbert-Report-Gif.gif

Justin Houstons hand was also on the neutral zone line.

Brady and Pats hater Shannon Sharpe said that Ford was so far forward that he had to look back for the ball over his shoulder. A clear indication that Ford was too far forward because you line up based on looking at ball location.

Andy Reid is a moron who should have called timeout instead of looking at his play sheet.

The loss is on Reid because he will not delegate responsibility and mange the whole game.

I dunno, it's close. Ford, however is clearly lined up past the ball.
Dxj88-oVYAAF9D8.jpg

Look what I found in the NFL operations manual.

Idiots like Bill Polian who worked in the NFL dont even know the rules including Andy Reid. The officials had no choice to call it or not.

Note: During the last two minutes of a half, after the ball has been spotted for the succeeding down at the line of scrimmage and the offense is legally set, if the ball is snapped before all members of the defensive team are on their side of the line of scrimmage, play shall be stopped immediately, and the defensive team penalized five yards for a neutral zone infraction.

Neutral Zone Infraction | NFL Football Operations

I dunno, it's close. Ford, however is clearly lined up past the ball.
Dxj88-oVYAAF9D8.jpg

OK

Houstons head is clearly in the neutral zone. No player but the Center can have any part of their body in the neutral zone. The neutral zone begins at the tip of the ball on the defensive side. Just take a business card and place it parallel with the yard line and at the tip of the ball.

Houstons head is visible.

Curran's article lead me to this video: 'Sound FX': Officials explain why Corey Clement's catch was a touchdown

Watch the whole thing. I knew the NFL was interpreting the rule a different way for the Super Bowl (and of course, if that was a Patriots receiver who bobbled it, they would have ruled it the old way) but I didn't know Steratore's reasoning. "He maintained control. It was in his hand, then it moved, but it stuck to his forearm."

My question, "Stuck how?" Does his forearm have fingers? Did he use stick-em or something? It was clear Steratore had been told something by someone from the NFL, and Troy Vincent admitted it (idiotically) which make Al Riveron's denials damning. Riveron is denying because HE KNOWS it is total cheating.

Steratore's pretzel logic, Riveron's denial, + Vincent's admission = the NFL cheating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes