PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez, Hernandez, Hernandez.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think it's no coincidence, the last 2 games we lost, (Jets Playoffs and to the Bills), Hernandez didn't play. He opens up so much more room for Gronkowski, Welker and Branch.

He caught the game winning TD pass and has made numerous big plays for us so far in his career. That's what I think off when you say Hernandez.

Part of the problem is that he doesn't always know when to turtle up and go down. He keeps fighting for every inch and when you've got a guy hanging on you and another hitting you, that's when fumbles happen.

Yea he seems a little loose-goosey with the ball ...

Are you serious!

Yes 81 fumbled in a crucial part of the game, but in case you didn't notice he he scored the game winning touchdown. 81 has been a huge asset to this team since his first career reception against the Bengals. Those of you who are getting down on hims for a fumble need to slow your role!!!

Glass half full says as annoying as the two red zone turnovers were, Hernandez was critical in match winning moments two weeks in a row.

True, but I can see both sides. Had he not screwed up earlier in the game, they may not have been in such a crucial stressful situation at the end of the game...

He made up for it yesterday by catching the game winning TD, but had he not fumbled earlier in the game and the Pats scored on that drive, the circumstances would have obviously been different and they might have the game already wrapped up...

All this being said, Hernandez is a monster and is only going to get better.

Last edited:
I think it's mental.
He protected the ball during the 2 minute drill.
He put both hands around it and protected it properly and was fine.

Hernandez has become my favorite Patriot. Too think that the guy is only 21 is amazing. He has several areas of his game where he can improve but so far the good outweighs the bad.

I don't get people sometimes.

Some are complaining about a super young TE with a knee brace on who maybe has a few drops after getting open, but its O.K. for a veteran prima donna like Chad who can barely get open to get the ball to TOUCH his fingertips??

We have without a doubt the best TE tandem in the league. Belichick has been drafting TE's as long as he has been head coach and some of the TE draft picks were definitely head scratchers. But maybe this has been his plan all along and he finally has the players to execute.

BB definitely hit the tight end JACKPOT in 2010.
I mean Gronkowski is just as good or better of a blocker than Dan Graham and has the catching ability of Ben Coates.
Hernandez is the ultimate receiving tight end, super versatile, and presents matchup nightmares for defenses that even Watson with his freakish athleticism didn't present.

Both of those previous TEs were 1st round picks. Gronk and Ahern are better than both of those guys and they cost us only a 2nd and a 4th. Plus they are both young and still on their 1st contracts. Really hard to get any better value than that out of draft picks.

Hernandez certainly needs to work on ball security, but everything else he has done shows that he has stepped up his game to the next level. Now he just needs some fine tuning.

Off topic based on our signature. I want to see a trick two point conversion when it looks like we are going to kick the PAT just to hear Gostkowski to Gronkowski.

On topic, I, for one, am happy that Gronkowski does not fumble as much.

jugs, jugs, jugs......

could be...
Brady throws a faster ball than some receivers are used to.

Honestly, I don't approve of your method of getting him to improve. In fact, by having him focus on breasts, breasts, breasts, I think he may actually LOSE focus, and fumble even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes