PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's Why Indy's Loss was HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmyjames said:
Enough already Tony Collins. You have overstayed your welcome and it's time for you to go back to your own board.

You are a Hayseed and you are so envious of the Patriots and their fans that is is killing you. That's why you hang around here. But I can't say I blame you, After all, you:

Live in Indiana

Root for a team owned by someone who is going to leave you as soon as he gets a better offer. Anaheim Colts has a nice ring to it huh?

Root for a team composed of players that don't want to be there (Edge) and have no respect for you as fans (Manning). Take a look at Peyton's Mastercard ads. He is openly mocking you pack of hicks. For all of the debate over who is better; Manning or Brady, you never hear one thing about what type of guy Peyton is, only that we prepares real hard. Must be fun to cheer for a robot. C-3P0 the QB.

Rooting for the Colts seems like a joyless enterprise and it's no wonder you and the rest of Mayberry like to hang around this board to see how the cool kids act. It's flattering for sure, but it's become boring. Run along now.
Now now, I'm a hayseed, Tony is just Tom's baby brother - the one who hangs with Shirley Temple.

the reason this loss was huge is becuse it was against a team that the media was calling a decent team so not great but just above bad and they lost to them in there backyard and they stopped one of the most prolific Offenses in the leauge nad handled a very good Defense with the Likes of Freeney and Doss and Sanders who have been big players for the Colts this season and they also came so close to winning but they lost..............and you could just see peyotn having flashbacks of snowfalling and the chargers D suddenly looking like the pats D :D

Brady#12 said:
the reason this loss was huge is becuse it was against a team that the media was calling a decent team so not great but just above bad and they lost to them in there backyard and they stopped one of the most prolific Offenses in the leauge nad handled a very good Defense with the Likes of Freeney and Doss and Sanders who have been big players for the Colts this season and they also came so close to winning but they lost..............and you could just see peyotn having flashbacks of snowfalling and the chargers D suddenly looking like the pats D :D

Are you serious? Most people are saying that San Diego is one of the better teams in the league and it's a shame they probably won't make the playoffs. Be careful about dogging the Chargers, they won in the Pats' backyard too.

I find it completely natural that the Mannings get huge press in New Orleans, considering Archie was the only real athletic star there for many years.

And I fail to understand bashing Peyton as if he is a complete loser... there is no doubt he is one of the best in the league. And I bet that if you put him on the Patriots he would have at least some hardware (though doubtful he'd have three rings). I honestly believe that the Patriots coaching staff could overcome and/or plan around his deficiencies. Don't forget Manning isn't the only one in Indy with a rep for not being able to take the final step, Dungy couldn't do it in Tampa and then Gruden stepped in and won with the same players.

And be careful basing most of your anti-Manning argument on lack of hardware, because there is the best chance yet this year is the year he'll get some.

workhorse said:
Are you serious? Most people are saying that San Diego is one of the better teams in the league and it's a shame they probably won't make the playoffs. Be careful about dogging the Chargers, they won in the Pats' backyard too.

What you say about the Chargers is true. They are also a Jeckyl and Hyde team and with Marty.

However, I saw a look in Peytons eyes that I haven't seen since the playoff game last year. For the first time this year, I saw doubt.

Be honest, didn't you?

coltsfan said:
LOL, that's funny. Once again, it was a BIG GAME only because they lost.

No, it's more than that.

San Diego is a playoff-caliber team. They are in the hunt. They possess a survival instinct so they can keep playing while everyone else goes home.

This late in the season, that is not the kind of team you want to lose to, especially at home.

As the season's crescendo builds, you do not want to be on the short end of a crunch-time effort. You're trying to build momentum for your self and your team, not for the other guy. As the playoffs loom over the horizon, you want to find yourself hitting the ground running, not having the door slammed in your face before you've even started.

Unfortunately, the Colts have a rather long and storied history of coming up with these efforts.

So much of this is mental. If the Colts can successfully build on, and overcome, the rather debilitating effects of this game (akin to having the air sucked out of you involuntarily), then they'll have found themselves capable, at last, of taking things to the next level.

It remains to be seen if this will be the case.

BelichickFan said:
I was joking. I thought that was obvious.

OK. My bad. I apologize.

Perhaps a sarcasm tag at the end might have enlightened me a little bit, but I was still off my game.

Sorry. Won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing