PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's Why Indy's Loss was HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigEZPatsFan76 said:
Brady does not need or want the "popularity". He has the HARDWARE to back up his TEAM achievements. I can't say the same for a certain other nameless QB who can put up impressive stats, but who throughout his collegiate and pro career has NO tangibles to show for it. You see, the Pats don't care for the "popularity contests". They pursue and win the things that matter (ie Lombardi Trophies). Do you think Brady cares that he does not have 50 TD's in a season? I doubt that he does.

EZ76

Than why do you obsess about a certain quarterback with no hardware?

Tony Collins said:
Than why do you obsess about a certain quarterback with no hardware?

I don't obsess over him. Considering that the media continuously keeps him in the forefront (like a broken record), you can't help but know his stats. Especially here in New Orleans, where they keep on yapping and gawking over him. I thought there would be a suicide watch here when he did not win the Heisman back in 1997. Peyton Manning and the Manning family is constantly crammed down our throats out here. Never have I seen a player achieve so little get so much press. Does that answer your question?

EZ76

Tony Collins said:
1. Wrong. Don't live in Indy
2. Wrong. Colts signed a 30 year lease.
3. Wrong. Wrong. I love rooting for the Colts.

Hold on a second...... This is a cool board? Let me clean my monitor. Almost tossed lunch on it.

I'm not really interested in what kind of guy Peyton is. He is a class act , the Colts are better with him thn without him, and Patriot fans are just plissed that Brady is not as popular. Oh, I know he's the man.

1. He lives in his mommy's basement at her crack house.

2. After the 30 lease is up the Colts still won't have won a SB.

3. He loves rooting for the Colts with his left hand.

Last edited:
BigEZPatsFan76 said:
I don't obsess over him. Considering that the media continuously keeps him in the forefront (like a broken record), you can't help but know his stats. Especially here in New Orleans, where they keep on yapping and gawking over him. I thought there would be a suicide watch here when he did not win the Heisman back in 1997. Peyton Manning and the Manning family is constantly crammed down our throats out here. Never have I seen a player achieve so little get so much press. Does that answer your question?

EZ76

Manning has achieved more than every QB in the league, save for Brady and Favre. Look at his win/loss record, and his consistent performance year after year. You guys would have creamed in your pants to get him before you got Brady. Look at who the Saints QB has been the last five years, and compare him to Manning.

coltsfan said:
Manning has achieved more than every QB in the league, save for Brady and Favre. Look at his win/loss record, and his consistent performance year after year. You guys would have creamed in your pants to get him before you got Brady. Look at who the Saints QB has been the last five years, and compare him to Manning.

I would take Brady before any QB in the NFL. That's a given. Manning would be in my top 5 for sure, but not come playoff time. He'd drop into 6 through 10 somewhere. If I did draft Manning I'd get the QB coach to get him to quit whining, quit making excuses, and quit flapping his freakin' arms like he's trying not to drown in the ocean.

DaBruinz said:
2) Yes, the Colts signed a 30 year lease. But, its pretty sad that they haven't sold out every game this year.

They sold them all out as soon as they went on sale.

coltsfan said:

I am not a Saints' fan, so why bring that "dis-organization" in the mix? I could not care less about them. Any pee wee league QB is better than Aaron Brooks. And, they have an old nut case for an owner to boot. Sorry, I would NOT want Manning for many reasons. First off, since his college days, he has NEVER proven he win a "big one". The FACTS back that up. Yes, he puts up hellacious statistics, but what does he really have to show for all of that? Dan Marino had awesome "stats" from his career, but only ONE AFC title (1984) to show for it. I guarantee you, he would gladly trade a dozen or more of his stats for one SB ring. Any player worth his weight would.

EZ76

Last edited:
I really don't think that loss is going to rattle them and be a disadvantage in teh playoffs... if anything, it may serve to motivate them.... they know they are human... they bleed... they can lose.... must step it up if they want to go far in the playoffs.

I think they will be a tough team to beat for anyone in the playoffs, including the Pats.

That said, it will be nice to hear a little less Indy ball washing now that there perfect season is busted.

workhorse said:
They sold them all out as soon as they went on sale.
They sold them out but they are not filling every seat. There are a lot of no shows. Ranked 23rd in attendance percentage in the NFL. The official capacity is 57,890 and that makes it one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. Probably the smallest. What's up with that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?sort=home_perc&year=2005

Last edited:
becuse they didnt go 16-0 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

trench said:
A technical sellout maybe, but they are not filling every seat. Ranked 23rd in attendance percentage in the NFL. The official capacity is 57,890 and that makes it one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. Probably the smallest. What's up with that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?sort=home_perc&year=2005

Some of that may be visiting teams returning tickets just prior to the games. With everyone know they are sold out, they may not check on these late tickets. If there are empty seats, you really can't tell. When I have been at the games, I've never noticed empty seats. The dome "shrunk" a few years back due to adding more luxury seats. They took all the seats out between the 40s and replaced them with larger padded seats that they sell for a much higher price. The capacity used to be just over 60,000.

It will still be a lot of fun

to attempt to knock off a 15 and 1 team on their own field in the middle of January to prove those media pundits wrong again.

If Indy is any kind of team, they will fix what is wrong and give it their best shot against any foe, big or small.

we did it to Pittsburgh last year

workhorse said:
Some of that may be visiting teams returning tickets just prior to the games.
All NFL teams have that same situation, so that is a wash. The official capacity as listed on the RCA Dome's website is 57,890. Last sunday's attendance as listed on NFL.COM was 57,389. Pretty big game, too. 501 empty seats.

trench said:
All NFL teams have that same situation, so that is a wash. The official capacity as listed on the RCA Dome's website is 57,890. Last sunday's attendance as listed on NFL.COM was 57,389. Pretty big game, too. 501 empty seats.

That total would lend itself to what I was saying. I would think that San Diego would return more tickets than closer teams. I was at the game and didn't notice lots of empties.

workhorse said:
That total would lend itself to what I was saying. I would think that San Diego would return more tickets than closer teams.
Yeah, but it's a wash. All teams have the same scenario. The Bolts played at Foxboro too and that is the furthest they can possibly travel in the NFL. Gillette Stadium official capacity is 68,000; attendance for the San Diego game was 68,756.

Murphys95 said:
Deirdorf calling the Colts receivers the "toughest" in the league, always fighting for the extra yard, never taking a dive. That was just flat out absurd.

That is the most patently ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I have tremendous respect for the Indy receiving corps - how could you not, they're awesome - but GOOD LORD. They are ANYTHING but "tough," let alone "toughest." Holy God.

Murphys95 said:
The two comments which stand out in my mind are,

1. Deirdorf calling the Colts receivers the "toughest" in the league, always fighting for the extra yard, never taking a dive. That was just flat out absurd.

I was absolutly astounded when I heard that comment. The Colt WR are widely known to dive and step out of bounds before taking a hit! (probably why they've stayed so healthy so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes