PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help From Bostonians - First Trip for MNF

Does your hotel have a concierge? They're on sale now btw. I would guess the odds of them being sold out on the 29th, when you could get over there and buy them yourself, are pretty safe. Keep in mind that South Station and the South End Station on the Orange line are two completely separate things.

Does your hotel have a concierge? They're on sale now btw. I would guess the odds of them being sold out on the 29th, when you could get over there and buy them yourself, are pretty safe. Keep in mind that South Station and the South End Station on the Orange line are two completely separate things.

Thanks! So you're saying you think it is likely the train will be sold out by the 29th? The whole tailgating experience would be awesome but it's just me traveling to Boston and I do not know anyone there.

Anyway if anyone is traveling from anywhere in or near the city it would be cool to get a ride and get out there early. Like i said I'm happy to pay for more than my share of fuel and food and drinks etc!

I'll wait a few days and see what people say, otherwise the hotel concierge idea to collect train tickets is a good one!

Thanks! So you're saying you think it is likely the train will be sold out by the 29th?

I think its pretty unlikely; but I've only taken the train twice and not at all recently.

Re: Help From Bostonians - First Trip from NZ

I'm just going to come right out and ask.... is there anyone that can help me get to the game on the 1st? I fly in to Boston from New Zealand on the 29th and purchased a ticket to the game before realizing it was so difficult to get to the game! I was going to purchase a train ticket online but they can only be purchased in person and am worried they will be sold out!

Anyway if anyone can assist me I'd really appreciate it. I am happy to contribute to any costs etc.

I'm staying in central Boston.

Hopefully someone can help.

I posted a link for you over in the main forum; keep an eye on it there and see if you get any responses.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...nd-seeking-help-w-bills-game.html#post2857550

:welcome:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! I am a really big PATS fan and I will be coming down for a game this year I hope! :D My thing is I am having trouble finding a train that runs from the train station in Largo, MD to Foxborough Mass. to see the Patriots plan this year. So I was hoping if someone out there could help me out a little!? THANKS!:cool:

Hi everyone!! I am a really big PATS fan and I will be coming down for a game this year I hope! :D My thing is I am having trouble finding a train that runs from the train station in Largo, MD to Foxborough Mass. to see the Patriots plan this year. So I was hoping if someone out there could help me out a little!? THANKS!:cool:

Amtrak Train Routes across the USA and to Canada

Amtrak runs from DC and several stops in MD to Providence (or Boston). From there you ride the train to Foxboro.

MBTA > Riding the T > Patriots

Hope that helps!

Hello all,

I too am planning my first trip to Boston, and I too am coming from Colorado. Only difference is that I'm coming clad in orange, and I'm coming to enemy territory. I'm planning on coming to the Pats/Broncos game on November 24.

I've read through this thread and I feel like there's already a ton of great info. For me, I really want to see Boston on the Saturday before the game. I want to fly in late Friday, seeing what I can of Boston Saturday, and then do the game Sunday. Leaving Monday.

So, suggestions on places to stay in Boston? Should I stay in a certain area or can I get anywhere via public transportation no matter where I stay?

Also, the game. I've heard mixed things about the Pats Train. I've also heard traffic is horrid. Considering the game won't get out until close to midnight, I'm wondering if for Sunday night I should get a hotel close to the stadium and then drive to the airport Monday from there?

I'm a completely blank slate at this point. Help me plan this trip from the ground up! Thanks!

Hello all,

I too am planning my first trip to Boston, and I too am coming from Colorado. Only difference is that I'm coming clad in orange, and I'm coming to enemy territory. I'm planning on coming to the Pats/Broncos game on November 24.

I've read through this thread and I feel like there's already a ton of great info. For me, I really want to see Boston on the Saturday before the game. I want to fly in late Friday, seeing what I can of Boston Saturday, and then do the game Sunday. Leaving Monday.

So, suggestions on places to stay in Boston? Should I stay in a certain area or can I get anywhere via public transportation no matter where I stay?

Also, the game. I've heard mixed things about the Pats Train. I've also heard traffic is horrid. Considering the game won't get out until close to midnight, I'm wondering if for Sunday night I should get a hotel close to the stadium and then drive to the airport Monday from there?

I'm a completely blank slate at this point. Help me plan this trip from the ground up! Thanks!

You may want to also check out these threads to see some of the commentary and opinions:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...an-forum/1033415-going-pats-games-abroad.html
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ng-their-first-visit-gillette-can-expect.html

edit: these are the new/correct links:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1033415-going-pats-games-abroad.html
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ng-their-first-visit-gillette-can-expect.html

As far as what to do in your short time in Boston, I would recommend going to any one of the many local seafood restaurant for either some lobster or haddock and some clam chowder for one meal, and to the North End for a meal at one of the restaurants there. There are dozens of restaurants worth going to, depending on your budget.

From the North End you can walk to Faneuil Hall; while that's more touristy it is still worth the visit. You're also not that far from the New England Aquarium, and a walk along the Freedom Trail is highly recommended.

Foxboro is not that close to Boston and a lot of the hotels near the stadium may require a two-night stay. Within the city you don't need a car (in fact, I would recommend not driving in the city). However, I would still recommend driving there and tailgating before kickoff as part of the overall experience. Be forewarned though that parking is very expensive.

Since you are coming from Colorado you need no lessons in the benefit of layers in staying warm.

Enjoy the game!

:welcome:

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight!

Edit: I'm getting "page not found" on those links. Can you relink? Or tell me the title I'll find them on the board manually. Thanks!

Thanks for the insight!

Edit: I'm getting "page not found" on those links. Can you relink? Or tell me the title I'll find them on the board manually. Thanks!

What's odd is that last night I clicked on the link and it worked fine for me, then this morning I am also getting the same 'page not found'. I googled going pats games abroad and advice fans making first trip gillette expect and found the threads. Also yesterday the links showed a title and today they do not ... it probably has something to do with the company that provides the hosting service to this website; several people also said they had to reset the url in their 'favorites' list on their browser.

Anyways, here you go, and I'll edit the previous links as well.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1033415-going-pats-games-abroad.html

Last edited:
Hi

I am coming over from the UK for my first game at Foxboro in October for the Saints game. I will be staying in Mansfield for a couple of nights then in Boston for a couple of nights and hopefully taking in a Bruins game.

Can anyone give me any advice on tailgating before the game? We will not be driving as our hotel runs a shuttle bus up to the stadium, so how would we go about finding a tailgate that would welcome 2 British fans?

Saints fan here. I'll be traveling to Foxboro for the Pats-Saints game. Any Pats fans want to allow a Saints fan to tailgate with them? Looking forward to meeting some of the passionate Pats fans.

Hi

I am coming over from the UK for my first game at Foxboro in October for the Saints game. I will be staying in Mansfield for a couple of nights then in Boston for a couple of nights and hopefully taking in a Bruins game.

Can anyone give me any advice on tailgating before the game? We will not be driving as our hotel runs a shuttle bus up to the stadium, so how would we go about finding a tailgate that would welcome 2 British fans?

Saints fan here. I'll be traveling to Foxboro for the Pats-Saints game. Any Pats fans want to allow a Saints fan to tailgate with them? Looking forward to meeting some of the passionate Pats fans.

Just walk around the parking lot(s), strike up a conversation, and figure out if you want to spend some time with that group. The majority of groups will welcome you to join in, especially in your cases where you have traveled a long ways to be there. Bring some food or beverage to share so you don't come across as if you're freeloading. Don't feel obligated to stay with the first group you meet, or any other group.

Enjoy the tailgating and enjoy the game!

Hi All,

I am an Aussie coming to Boston for business and just found out the NEP will be playing at home on Thu 12th Sept 2013, and I want to experience my first NFL live game and whole tailgating experience.

I will be alone, and need some advice, on best place to get a ticket (just one), also if I staying in central Boston what is best way to get to stadium early (I do not have car) so I can take in the whole experience.

Anyone that will be there tailgating I would love to catch up and learn more about the game. As I don't particularly support a team, it will now be NEP.

Thanks,
Rod

Hello I am from Canada, ten of us our coming down to New England for the Bucs game.
We are taking the bowl bus from Boston but we are looking for somewhere to tailgate.
Just need somewhere to drop some beers into a cooler. Any suggestions?

Hi there. Some friends and I are coming down from Canada to the Boston area next month to catch a Bruins game on the Saturday and then to see the Patriots and Broncos on Sunday night.

We are renting an RV which we intend to take to the football game for tailgating. We found an RV park online that looks like a decent place for us to park the rest of the time and it is only about 10 minutes from Gillette Stadium (according to Google Maps).

I am hoping someone can help me with understanding how easy it would be for us to park our RV in the Foxboro area and then make it into Boston for the hockey game and back out. What are the trains like? How much would a taxi cost from Foxboro to Boston (or vice versa).

As for the Pats game, one member of our group is a die-hard Broncos fan and is worried about whether he should wear his orange Peyton Manning jersey. Does he have anything to worry about?

Hi there. Some friends and I are coming down from Canada to the Boston area next month to catch a Bruins game on the Saturday and then to see the Patriots and Broncos on Sunday night.

We are renting an RV which we intend to take to the football game for tailgating. We found an RV park online that looks like a decent place for us to park the rest of the time and it is only about 10 minutes from Gillette Stadium (according to Google Maps).

I am hoping someone can help me with understanding how easy it would be for us to park our RV in the Foxboro area and then make it into Boston for the hockey game and back out. What are the trains like? How much would a taxi cost from Foxboro to Boston (or vice versa).

Assuming you find or have found a place to park the RV near Foxboro, from there us the MBTA, aka the "T". The subway runs every few minutes throughout the city, and the commuter rail to Walpole will get you close to an RV location such as this one.

Boston is a long ways from Foxboro, so I would strongly advise against planning to take a taxi back and forth.

As for the Pats game, one member of our group is a die-hard Broncos fan and is worried about whether he should wear his orange Peyton Manning jersey. Does he have anything to worry about?

You can certainly expect plenty of comments, no different from if somebody were to wear a Tom Brady jersey to Mile High; if he's thick skinned enough for that and doesn't respond in a confrontational manner then I don't see an issue. But as far as a physical altercation? No.

In case you are interested you can find some more suggestions in this thread:

Enjoy the game and your visit!

Last edited:

Where are you staying near Gillette? We tailgate in the Rodman lot across Rte 1 and north of the stadium. Can't help you getting into Boston for the Bruins game.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back