PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello New England Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberryicedcoffee

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I am a Dallas Cowboys fan (that's the part where you scoff, roll your eyes, or express some other emotion of disgust, pity and contempt). I come mostly in peace, caffeine and confusion, but those last two are normal. Now, I use peace loosely. I probably won't bite, but if I do I have rabies and that's a 100% mortality rate if left untreated so get those shots if that happens.

I am hoping for a win. I am praying for a win. We need a win, guys. Please, can you guys lose this one? Perhaps the football gods took Lance Dunbar from us the other night as a blood sacrifice because they're giving us this game. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?! I'll go with that. Cowboys 51 - Pats 50 confirmed. Brandon Weeden 97/108, 219 yards, 1 TD.

In all seriousness, this is the game I was looking forward to most before the season started. It would be an awesome game of Romo and Dez + defensive additions were playing. But alas, that dream has slipped and faded, rudely awoken by the sounds of cracking bones and snapping ACLs.

Speaking of ACLs, you guys don't happen to have a few of those laying around, do you? Or some clavicles?

So this will be an interesting game, I have no doubt. Blowouts are interesting. Us actually winning would be really interesting, surprising and unlikely.

We are already more injured right now than all the combined injuries of last season. It really sucks. Elite QB, #1 WR, #1 CB, Top 3 DEs on the depth chart, and LG have all missed time. It's bad.

I have no idea how the offense will look. Weeden looked much more comfortable in the empty set and that opens up some nice 1 on 1 for WRs like Beasley who will have to have a good game. I predict Bease will get most of the targets. Dunbar was Weeden's favorite target, but he's done for the year now (of course) so I assume WR Lucky Whitehead will take his role on the little screens and routes Gangsta Garrett had Dunbar run.

Defense. That thing. Ugh. It's not bad, it's just injured. We get Hardy and McClain back this week. That is huge. Darth Belichick will exploit the fact that our FS is actually a SS pretending to be a FS. I do not have a clue about how we will stop Gronk. Byron Jones is certainly athletic enough, but leaving a rookie DB on Gronk is not a great idea.

Another thing that's good for you to know is Brandon Weeden cannot throw to the left side of the field. I literally do not think it is possible.

So what about the Patriots do I not already know? What players should I watch out for?

Good Luck guys. Here's to an entertaining, legendary game. I know that there will be plenty of drinking involved, in celebration and in sorrow.

Last edited:
Great Post. Welcome to the board. Hoping for a great game with of course the Pats winning !

Welcome to the board.

I'm an MA guy living in West Texas now, so lots of 'Boys fans here. Cool fans (a group of those fans from my office are heading to Dallas for the game), and I have nothing against the team. I was really impressed by what I saw with team building last year (the Cowboys somehow put together a stellar offensive line, which seemed impossible with Jerry Jones's years of flashy draft picks), and watched some very good football from the Cowboys heading into the playoffs.

I expected much from them this year (even with Demarco leaving), but they have been beaten down by the injury bug early. It sounds like some of those injuries will return for the stretch run, so you may yet enjoy a shot at the playoffs if things come together. Getting in a shootout without Romo will be a tall task, and the early bye gives the Pats plenty of time to plan for this. Hopefully neither team adds to the injury list.

These are some of my favorite threads. Happy to hear from other fans; I find it consistently interesting to listen to your viewpoints and insights. I sincerely hope the pats continue the rampage and destroy the 'boys, but I also think your team gets a little too much hate for what it deserves (sound familiar, crew?). Except Jerrah. He sucks. But I'm sure you won't take offense at that one. Its a shame you are so banged up, Lee included. Dudes a beast.

Good luck. You're gonna need it. Watch out for our TE, you already know about the QB I'm sure.

Lots of Cowboys fans in Rhode Island .... way more intelligent than Jets fans by far.:cool:
Vikings - Cowboys - Oilers - were my other team favorites back in the rabbit ears / early cable era. o_O
I was always Bob Hayes playing neighborhood football....

Welcome bbic. Sorry to hear that you're stuck being a Cowboys fan. A wife of one of our better posters here is also afflicted with that disease. From what I understand there is no cure.

One of the things I've learned from Bill Belichick is that injuries don't matter. Whoever is put in those positions is being paid to do his job, and Bill will have the team prepared as though those players are starters. Losing a starting QB is very tough to overcome though.

Now for some things that could help your team vs the Pats;
- Don't bother blitzing. Even if the blitzer comes in untouched the ball will be long gone and probably heading in the right direction.
- Cover Gronk no matter what else you do. Some teams forget to do that.
- When the Cowboys do get close to scoring, don't settle for field goals. Go for TDs no matter what. You'll need them.
- Don't let Jerry talk before the game. He already talked some nonsense that has Brady breathing fire, but if he keeps his big yapper shut from now on he might have a chance of cooling Brady off. The odds of that happening aren't all that good though.
- And lastly, if you and your team take anything away from my comments here, let this one stand out above all else. Forget about winning. We cheat.

The Patriots have been recently bolstered by a new influx of talent. They add depth, strength and enable the team- overall -to stay fresh. So, keep an eye on them, as we will, as well.

On the Dallas injury thing...nobody should rejoice in another player getting injured. It ties to family, health, et al. This is human stuff that should not be thrown under the proverbial bus in regards to any form of entertainment. However, after the game, nobody really cares what the rosters were. Check the history of Super Bowl winners. There is no attached list of players who were hurt and/or did not play. When we played without Gronk- nobody cared. When we lost our other TE (i.e. Hernandez)- nobody cared that he was not on the field..or even that we got hit on the salary cap for that same player. One can go on and on with more and more examples of the same.

It is most interesting that as soon as other teams have an injury or two, they put it on us...like they are calling shenanigans. This is another football game for the Champs and they will prepare/execute like any other game; respecting their opponents and finishing their plays. Expect nothing less. We don't. Cheers! :D

Another thing that's good for you to know is Brandon Weeden cannot throw to the left side of the field. I literally do not think it is possible.

You guys have to work something out with the Colts -- Matt Hasselbeck can't throw to the right. Maybe a Jack Sprat-style platoon?

For strategy against the Patriots, the CB corps is the obvious weakness and they're down a wideout with LaFell on PUP. Beyond that, though, this team is frankly stacked and insanely versatile. If I had to gameplan against the Patriots offense <shudder> I'd prioritize coverage over pressure.

In all seriousness, this is the game I was looking forward to most before the season started

Same here. It would have been a great game between two serious SB contenders. I guess if I were you I would hang on to the ole' "any given Sunday" montra and hope that the Pats forget where the stadium is. :D

This game aside, we will have a mutually beneficial relationship in that the Pats will play NYG, Eagles and Washington while the Cowboys (hopefully at full strength) will play the Dolphins (probably an automatic win), Jets and Bills.

Welcome to the thread and great post.

Great post. Welcome. I remember the Pats being barely a speed bump for the Cowboys teams of old. So there will be no mercy come Sunday afternoon. Go Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down