PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth Claimed by Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bucs Claim Haynesworth

There are plenty of idiots on this board,who think every new player is going to be in the Pats HOF.

Wait, you mean Chad Ochocinco won't be in the Pats HOF?

Agreed, I get tired of the "Belichick picked him up, he MUST be awesome. The rest of the league is too stupid to realize the true talent of (insert player here)".

Haynesworth Claimed by Tampa Bay
By: Derek Havens

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have claimed defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who was released by the New England Patriots Tuesday afternoon....

Warren Sapp called Haynesworth every name in the book after it was known that he couldn't even play for Belichick who Sapp has huge high regards for as a head coach

Now imagine how Sapp feels knowing this big fat slob turd playing for the team that drafted him.....I feel the hate

Last edited:

great, is he any good or a bust?

I don't think I can think of a place I would care less about him going to... I'm not even saying that to be a jerk, just for some reason if I was listing NFL teams off the top of my head, Tampa Bay might be the last one I would think of.

I think Bucs are on rebound. Good young QB and defense....good hard running RB......plus sunny and warm all year round. The real question is...what the F*ck does Tampa think they are going to get out of Fat Al that pats and skins didn't....

Guy is a fat worthless ****.

Some of the replies in the Bucs forum are priceless ... here is one from Pirate:
Haynesworth??

Well put me down for a big thumbs up - I love this! Absolutely nothing to lose - even as a disgruntled f##k-up he's an upgrade over anyone on the roster now, and the potential upside is almost unlimited.

He can't serve as a "locker room cancer" because
there's no strong healthy tissue in the locker room to worry about anyway.

There's no leadership there so how is he going to disrupt it?

And the best part, for me anyway, is that I miss having my team be the focus of some legitimate media buzz. One Buc Place and RayJay are freaking boring places to be these days, and if nothing else this adds a little dash of tabasco to an otherwise lukewarm plate of uncooked pap.

Last edited:

I'm confused. in the media BB is a bad/evil man, but if Albert was in Heavan and BB cast him out...what does that make BB?

I feel as though I've heard this story before...

Except I don't actually care for the recently released this time around.

I think Bucs are on rebound. Good young QB and defense....good hard running RB......plus sunny and warm all year round. The real question is...what the F*ck does Tampa think they are going to get out of Fat Al that pats and skins didn't....

Oh, I actually agree logically, TB is a decent young team. But I kept thinking in my head, "Oh that's good... I guess? Is it? I mean, are they a...? Do I...? Hmmm..."

And realized I have absolutely zero emotion about him going to Tampa. Just found it odd.

What? Are they planning on using him as a paper weight?

Haynesworth is saying all he wanted was to play more and not be taken out when he is not tired. He says he also wanted to practice more but was held out for some reason. He is saying some strange things that I am also incline to belief him this time.
I could that we just did not want to pay the man all his incentives and just made sure he did not take too many snaps.
His play might not have been good on tape too to allow him many snaps

Here is what the Buc's GM said (from PFT):

Still, Dominik was sold by watching film of each of Haynesworth’s snaps with the Patriots. “I saw disruption,” Dominik said. “I saw strength, a finisher, a guy with the ability to put a lot of pressure on an offense. He’s still able to be a penetrating force. He can hit it and go. I didn’t see as much dogging it, but I did see the last play, where he played a 1-gap technique, and I can see why it got them frustrated. He opened up the run lane, and [Brandon] Jacobs walked in the end zone. That said, I didn’t see a guy that didn’t care. He battled and competed. I think he’s worthy of an opportunity.”

I'm amazed the Jets didnt sign him, pump him for intel, and then cut him.

Intel? The only intel Albert Haynesworth can share is how to get pancaked or how to order at the International House of Pancakes.

Last edited:

I can bet this will be his first words when interviewed. The Pats did not use me as I thought they will, but having talk with Coach Morris, he assured me that I would be allowed to attack the QB and I think I am finally going to be awaken. The sleeping giants is finally going to be up and I want to retire a Bucs, I have always been a fun of the bucs, I don't know why I chose the redskins over them, I wish I could give all the money back to be a bucs. ...

I hate to quote myself, but did anybody see his comments today? Wow, I need to start buying lottery tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes