PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Brady made any comments about the Moss trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There were several INTs over the past few seasons that have looked like Moss just gave up on a route or didn't bother breaking it up. In 2007, Brady would throw the ball up for Moss and trust that if he couldn't get to it, he'd at least break up the INT, but that hasn't happened over the past few seasons. And Tom would never call him out for it, but it had to piss him off sometimes.

I havent seen it before this year , but Ive seen a big difference this year

One of the things I thought after the Jets loss was how sick I was of seeing Brady sitting next to Moss, both silent, both sort of glum looking. Maybe now we'll see the Brady of old, moving around the sidelines, more animated,etc.

One of the things I thought after the Jets loss was how sick I was of seeing Brady sitting next to Moss, both silent, both sort of glum looking. Maybe now we'll see the Brady of old, moving around the sidelines, more animated,etc.

No, not if the JETs are licking his ass again. He HATES the Jets. :)

Last edited:

I agree. And we actually did see that Monday night. All that emotion Brady showed at the end of the game -- I see that now as "yeah, THIS is how WE do it," and I think overcoming the Moss tension was part of that.

Lots of great posts here, everyone. And Jays52, that press conference bit was BRILLIANT, as was AndyJohnson's summary of the progression of this relationship.

I think like a lot of us now, Brady reluctantly but ultimately realized it was time to move on. The Jets game was the final straw, and Miami was the test.

Last edited:
No, not if the JETs are licking his ass again. He HATES the Jets. :)

Assume you meant kicking.

No, but it's been ongoing--it just seemed as though every game that's the shot we'd get of Brady on the sidelines, sitting there next to Moss. I realize it's trivial (or maybe it's not), but I was sick of the image.

No, but it's been ongoing--it just seemed as though every game that's the shot we'd get of Brady on the sidelines, sitting there next to Moss. I realize it's trivial (or maybe it's not), but I was sick of the image.

Yes a typo, not Freudian

Yes a typo, not Freudian

Licking: |ˈliki ng |
noun informal
a severe defeat or beating.

So, PWP, I think you meant to say "gave them a licking."

Last edited:
For all we know, Brady may have told BB that Moss was bringing them all down and that it's time to speed up his exit.

I agree. There were several INTs over the past few seasons that have looked like Moss just gave up on a route or didn't bother breaking it up. In 2007, Brady would throw the ball up for Moss and trust that if he couldn't get to it, he'd at least break up the INT, but that hasn't happened over the past few seasons. And Tom would never call him out for it, but it had to piss him off sometimes.

Tom couldn't call him out and he does and should with other receivers. He called him out in practice last season, over not coming back for a ball, and after practice Brady was informed that Randy was so upset Tom had to call him and smooth things over. This crap was a constant drain on Brady's own mentality. He lobbied for the player and on some level was expected to maintain him on an even, productive keel. His locker was next to Brady's...even on the road where lockers are usually set up numerically for the road team. They didn't trust Randy on his own. He had to have a handler/keeper. That was Brady, and to a lesser extent Faulk because they actually were longstanding friends. With Faulk on the shelf the ante increased on Brady. Who knew after then rousing locker room callup after the week 1 victory Randy would elude the QB and show up on the dias ahead of the real star of the game (Welker) to deliver his contract manifesto... Short of shakles in the locker room, who know what was next. Someone on WEEI yesterday opined that the controntation with BoB at halftime might well have included the coordinator pointing out to Randy that when he was targeted he failed to make the play for a TD... It's pretty disingenuous for a diva WR to demand the ball when he's leading the league in drops at the quarter pole...

SMY's tweet about Branch said that Brady's known the Moss deal was coming :

"shalisemyoung profile

shalisemyoung On Branch: knowing Moss trade was coming, Brady has been lobbying him over last week; P. Carroll reluctant to let him go"

So, as you'd expect, Brady isn't sitting around shocked by this.

"shalisemyoung profile

shalisemyoung On Branch: knowing Moss trade was coming, Brady has been lobbying him over last week; P. Carroll reluctant to let him go"

Nice info, thanks for posting.

I was very sure he had to know, nice to be validated.

"shalisemyoung profile

That is very interesting if true--Brady was more animated than he'd been in a long time in Miami. Hmmmm.

Don't know why, but I'm more excited than ever for this season.

When he does speak something tells me it will go something like this:

"Hey guys. *sigh*...*smile* You know, whenever you have a guy like Randy, it lets you do some pretty special things out there. He's a phenominal football player. *smile* He was a great teammate. He was a very... smart football player. He was a great leader. *looks to the side and slightly down, back at the reporters smiling* You know, I've learned over the years that this is a business as well as a game. Sometimes business gets in the way of just playing football. When things like that happen, you just have to keep moving forward. We have great football players on this offense. Wes, and Jules, and Gronk, and Aaron, Benny, Danny, and Brandon are all great players and I know they will step up and do a great job. Thanks guys. *smile*"

Get a haircut!

2 INTs thrown to Moss... one he couldn't catch up to and the 2nd he made an improbable highlight reel type acrobatic play on the ball to SAVE Brady but was inches away. And another terrible throw directly to Cromartie was batted down by Moss when he had no opportunity to do anything but play defense on a bad throw...

There's selective memory, then there is making things up.

Nice info, thanks for posting.

I was very sure he had to know, nice to be validated.

You consider a 3rd party citing a "source" as being validated? Tomase had a "source" too.

You consider a 3rd party citing a "source" as being validated? Tomase had a "source" too.

LOL. I'm not Woodward and Bernstein here. I'm reading a bunch if articles, posts and tweets on the internet. So, yeah, in my own private universe, I am validated.

I can basically tell you exactly what Brady will say. He will say that he always like Randy and he was a great teammate. He is sorry to see him go, but the Pats have to move on without him. He probably say he understands it was a business decision and the team is trying to move in a new direction.

Anyone expecting to hear a true response to how he feels whether he is happy to see him gone or peissed off at management that they trade him are going to be sorely disapointed. Brady will say all the right things whether he believes them or not.

2 INTs thrown to Moss... one he couldn't catch up to and the 2nd he made an improbable highlight reel type acrobatic play on the ball to SAVE Brady but was inches away. And another terrible throw directly to Cromartie was batted down by Moss when he had no opportunity to do anything but play defense on a bad throw...

There's selective memory, then there is making things up.

I went back and looked at it again and I'll give you the first one. It was a poor overthrow and upon further review, Randy couldn't have caught up to it.

But the second one, he looked like he jumped way too early to avoid potential contact and tipped it up in the air. It was still a poor decision by Brady with solid coverage on Moss and a guy closing, but not exactly much of an effort.

I like Moss a lot, and am still a fan. But he hasn't looked sharp this season compared to others. He's dropped a lot of balls this year. And while I was upset with the trade at first, I've come around and accepted it.

I went back and looked at it again and I'll give you the first one. It was a poor overthrow and upon further review, Randy couldn't have caught up to it.

But the second one, he looked like he jumped way too early to avoid potential contact and tipped it up in the air. It was still a poor decision by Brady with solid coverage on Moss and a guy closing, but not exactly much of an effort.

I like Moss a lot, and am still a fan. But he hasn't looked sharp this season compared to others. He's dropped a lot of balls this year. And while I was upset with the trade at first, I've come around and accepted it.

On the 2nd one, Cromartie is on the inside, the throw is on the inside, Moss plays Cromartie using his momentum and lets him stumble to the side while making a leaping attempt. It would have been a great catch and he probably -should- have had it once it hit the hand but it was still a great effort. Brady should have thrown that one to the outside.

And then of course there was an INC that would have been an INT if Moss didn't play DB and knock it down as Brady threw it directly TO Cromartie.

Last edited:
When he does speak something tells me it will go something like this:

"Hey guys. *sigh*...*smile* You know, whenever you have a guy like Randy, it lets you do some pretty special things out there. He's a phenominal football player. *smile* He was a great teammate. He was a very... smart football player. He was a great leader. *looks to the side and slightly down, back at the reporters smiling* You know, I've learned over the years that this is a business as well as a game. Sometimes business gets in the way of just playing football. When things like that happen, you just have to keep moving forward. We have great football players on this offense. Wes, and Jules, and Gronk, and Aaron, Benny, Danny, and Brandon are all great players and I know they will step up and do a great job. Thanks guys. *smile*"

Good job! I read his actual remarks and that's pretty much what he said. Maybe he read the thread before he taped them. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News