PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone noticed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Back then anybody could be a WR and Brady would make them look like a pro bowler but now a days Brady is like f em if it's not a vet cause there was a point in time where a nobody would blossom just cause Brady was throwing to them and imagine during those days if he had Harry or Meyers both would be pro bowlers I don't know why he took a step back in those regards and if you have been following this team you know what I talking about cause back then practice squad player could look like a pro bowler. Why now does he need weapons when back then he didn't need weapons which is why back then we never really pursed weapons when he didn't need it but could of made a world of difference?

Brady isn’t what he used to be but he had veterans like Gardner, Welker, Caldwell, DP, Brown., Branch.

Consistency was key as well, only constant last few years has been JE and Gronk. This year has been the worst imo. Factor in bums at TE and a shaky o-line.

Brady isn’t what he used to be but he had veterans like Gardner, Welker, Caldwell, DP, Brown., Branch.

Consistency was key as well, only constant last few years has been JE and Gronk. This year has been the worst imo. Factor in bums at TE and a shaky o-line.

But the point is those guys were nobody's until they had Brady and the point of this thread is how now a days Brady can't maneuver like he use to with nobodies.

What Russell Wilson is doing with the TE we had is what the old Brady would of got out of him if you get it.

This year has shown me one thing. I now understand why B.B. doesn’t like the owner being involved in much. If the cap wasn’t hamstrung, we could get some guy from the Bills practice squad to catch passes

Back then anybody could be a WR and Brady would make them look like a pro bowler but now a days Brady is like f em if it's not a vet cause there was a point in time where a nobody would blossom just cause Brady was throwing to them and imagine during those days if he had Harry or Meyers both would be pro bowlers I don't know why he took a step back in those regards and if you have been following this team you know what I talking about cause back then practice squad player could look like a pro bowler. Why now does he need weapons when back then he didn't need weapons which is why back then we never really pursed weapons when he didn't need it but could of made a world of difference?
Brady hasn’t changed.

What Russell Wilson is doing with the TE we had is what the old Brady would of got out of him if you get it.
You mean the one that was always injured when he was here? The one who couldn’t get on the field when he was healthy because he can’t block? That one?

Last edited:

Back when ?

I understand there are lots of stories about the decline of /tb12 and the Patriots offensive production. Granted, we've had more than a few games where the offense and Brady have looked average, but I think it's more the Oline and revolving WRs (mostly all new excep to the Patriots except Edleman and Dorsett - who has like he made a leap in his understanding/working into the offense).

I'm more than willing to be patient. To your point about Brady making scrubs look good, not always the case. It takes a certain type of receiver to work into the system (Galloway, Ochocinco, Wayne, … couldn't pick it up) Remember the abilities of all NFL players is fairly similar, with few exceptions.

What?! He was never healthy, can’t throw him the ball if he’s never playing due to his health.

The idea that Brady was throwing to "nobodies" has always been hugely exaggerated. Even in the years when he didn't have multiple Hall of Fame or borderline HOF talents (Moss, Welker, Gronk, Edelman) plus a best-in-league receiving back (Faulk, White), he was still throwing to good receivers (Brown, Branch, Givens, Patten, Watson, Amendola, LaFell, etc.) Usually you'd have three guys he could count on. This year he's only really had two. The last time that was the case was in 2013 and 2006, and we saw how that went.

2006/2013 as an example...

Those were two of his worst seasons! I mean, it says something both about the passing league the NFL became after 2004 and how great Brady has been over his career that 2006 and 2013 (and this year) were among his worst seasons when they would number among many quarterbacks' best, but that's the truth.

Very similar thread going on about 2 threads down, probably not necessary to start a new one.

Hollister has been healthy. Bad example

2006/2013 as an example...
...and Brady's numbers were by his standard poor.

Why? Surrounding talent. In 2013 look at his games with/without Gronk.

He has no such caliber of talent this year

Hollister also can't block. He basically holds down a role in the Seahawks offense similar to what Harry is expected to do in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back